Whole Foods Market Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with around table panel of 6 people. Everyone had 2-3 questions for me ranging from my experience to how I would handle team member issues. They also asked about how I would partner with others in management

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation when you had multiple call offs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

Group interview process was different but fun. Second interview was also interesting to talk to current employees as well as management. Enjoyed learning more about the company and the values that they hold.

Interview Questions

• How have your past experiences prepared you for a career at Whole Foods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Sat in a dank and dingy basement with 20 other people who were interviewing for the same position. Everyone had the same appointment time and were seen on a first come first serve basis. The whole process took almost 2 hours and when I was finished, there were still at least ten people waiting for their turn. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Should have been a paid interview process for all the time they demand, during working hours no less. The "Due Diligence" they require seemed cool at first, how often do you get to pre-interview your panel before meeting them in person? However, in practice it was frustrating, I had 5 days to speak with 10 different people. None of this could be done outside of typical work hours, meaning I had to take time off 5 days in a row to be able to complete their demands. When I did start talking to people, most of their titles didn't make sense in the outside world so I had to spend a lot of time researching them or wasting interview time asking what they do and reformulating my questions based on their responses. Most people were nice, but I could tell that a lot of them were just OVER it, I wasn't the only one they were interviewing, so they probably had at least 3x as many calls as I did. When I finally went in for my panel, the questions were standard interview fare and I was totally thrown off because they had provided me with a list of topics to consider and NONE of them were the questions I was asked. I felt like they were just phoning it in. One of the interviewers even got super confrontational with me about my experience. Technically I was overqualified for the position but they brought me in anyway, I assume because they wanted my knowledge in other areas. But that one point was their main need in hiring, so basically they brought me in knowing I had no recent experience with a key piece of the role and decided to interrogate me about that anyway. Ultimately they decided to pass on hiring me because of it. I never hid it, said I used to do that thing but now I MANAGE people who do that thing. They knew this, knew it was key to the role, and decided to waste my time anyway. I lost about 13 hours of work time all said and done, which lost me pay and productivity at my current job, which would have been fine had the whole process not been a waste from the start. It felt like they knew they weren't going to hire me before I even came in. The least they could do is give the runners up a gift card for all the time they spend on this, it is definitely outside the scope of what is reasonable for an interview and falls into the scope of work.

Interview Questions

• They asked VERY basic questions which I was unprepared for given the preview of questions they gave me. They also asked very combative questions and purposefully tried to ruffle my feathers, after I was specifically told to expect my interviewers to be kind and professional, that none of them would ask your typical interview questions or purposefully try to trip me up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I completed the online application, then did a phone screening with the hiring manager and was then invited to do an in-person panel interview. I was not told ahead of time that there would be a panel. I had never done one before and did not feel prepared. I was very nervous and did not know who to look at. I also thought the hiring manager was trying to showboat during the interview by asking questions in a way to show how much she new or how little I knew. I still got the job but this behavior and other questionable tactics continued once I became employed. She "moved on" about 2 months after I was hired. It was chaotic, but I learned a lot and did well with the company. Bad employees usually find their way out. I like the company overall and still shop there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Troy, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Team member asked me to submit my resume online, so that they can set me up for an interview. The interview was a group panel interview lasting approx. one hour. I felt very comfortable and excited, I thought they were excited, but the position was filled internally, I was told to continue applying to the company.

Buyer Interview

Interview

The process will vary by location and you should remember that it is very likely that the people in charge of hiring have likely chosen the person for the position beforehand. With that caveat, the best way to prepare is to over prepare. Learn all you can about the company and it's core values. Learn about the department you are applying for and the standards that set it apart from a conventional grocery store. Finally, learn the math. Profit margin, shrink, sales to purchase ratio, and inventory management are the biggest concerns in this position. Customer service is also huge, and the answer should always focus on solving the customers needs no matter how needy.

Interview Questions

• I would prepare for the standard, "Why should we hire you over someone inside the company" question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Did not ask important questions. Was all a popularity contest and how could I butter up the managers ego. I was told that my being a mother was an issue and they manager had a family member he would have preferred but I had far more experience

Interview Questions

• Can you put your job over your family   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

You get called, then you interview in a casual panel, you give an opening statement about yourself, then you answer questions based on what your applying for, then you give a closing statement, then they call you that day to give you and answer,

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2016.

Interview

There were the interviewers from US and UK and India. The language sound very difficult to understand... Actually I am not native speaker but I have never had any communication difficulty. Phone system was also not very good to have a conference. Questions were not very difficult and the people was very nice to have an interview.