Whole Foods Market Cashier Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Cashier Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.1

Cashier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me within a week. They called me and did a "screening" over the phone (which was just a 5 minute interview) and was told by the representative that they were recommending me for an in-person interview. They never got back to me after that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I received a phone screening, which led an interview with a team leader. The team leader was great and made the entire experience comfortable, and asked exactly the type of questions I would expect (questions about the company, their ideology, their charities, etc). I was offered an interview with another team leader who might also be in need of a new hire, so I came back two days later for another interview. This team leader wasn't as great, and asked much less relevant, very broad questions, like "how do you handle conflict?" among others. I really didn't expect to be given these types of questions during an in-person interview because in my experience, typically these are the questions that are asked during the phone screening.

Four or five days later I was notified that I was going to be given the "second" interview (by this time my fourth interview overall) with store leadership. I went back to the store for a third time, and this interview was a waste of time. I didn't receive a single question about the brand, their ideology, their mission, etc. I received more seemingly irrelevant, broad questions like "how do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" among other inane questions. I honestly couldn't believe I was being asked this question. I've visited the store for three interviews, had a phone interview, and this is what the store leadership is asking? I understand the nature of the question, but why not ask something like this during the phone screening?

The store leader then glanced over my resume and looked up my current employer on the computer and asked "is this him?" upon finding his website (yet seemingly had little interest in what I do there), then glanced over my resume again and revealed an apprehension about my work history. The best guess I have is that they were looking for someone who is seeking a long term career with the company, and my resume didn't indicate to the store leader that I would be seeking such a position.

An hour after the interview I was told I wasn't being offered the position. Crazy to think that someone applying for a part-time cashier position isn't interested in a long-term career at the company. Also crazy to think that I had to visit the store three separate times for interviews, taking time out of my work schedule, to be denied based on apprehensions stemming from my work history, that could have easily been brought up and discussed during the phone screening or the first interview with a team leader.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Interview

I gave my resume in person to Whole Foods and also applied online the same day. 3 days later I got a call asking to come in for a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of the lower level leads who asked very standard questions about customer service, experience, situational questions, etc. It was maybe 5-10 minutes long. I was called back for a second interview. This interview consisted of 3 people of upper management, including the store manager. The same questions were asked, more or less.

The reason they said that I did not receive the job is because of my availability (my preferred day off was Sunday). The man who had called me to tell me this said they really liked my interview and professionalism and, because of this, they will keep my resume on hand. Tip: When giving your availability, ask if there is any problem with it. If I had known it was going to be a big factor in the determining process, I would have changed it right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I spoke with the ATL &TL on the phone they pretty much acted like the phone interview was a joke. I've work for Whole foods before and know what a interview process should be like, they were laughing and giggling like I was telling a joke they told me I should receive a phone call or email that same day but I received neither, great customer service.I use to shop there not anymore.

Interview Questions

• can you name me at least 10 apples and green leaf lettuce   Answer Question

Cashier's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tampa, FL).

Interview

My hiring process was a little different than most will probably have, and that is because there was a new Whole Foods opening in my area, and they had a job fair where anyone could sign up and get an interview.

150 positions were being filled, and many many people showed up. They had a bunch of people giving interviews, basically screening people before they get to the actual store leaders and such.

So I went through the first interview(which was right outside the store), and the lady told me that she thought I would be a good fit for a Cashier Assistant. This included bagging mainly, and getting carts and such. So then she sent me inside. Keep note that I previously worked at Target in customer service already, so I had experience. A couple of my friends that were with me, had no previous experience, and did not get to go inside.

Inside I waited for a few minutes, and eventually I was interviewed by the two customer service team leaders. They asked me a few questions, and most of them were easy because I was able to relate to my previous work. They said they would call to setup another interview if they wanted to.

I get the call, set up the interview, and then when I get there she said she didn't really have any more questions. Then I spent 3 hours doing paperwork and stuff. Great.

But it was worth doing the paperwork. Great company that pays well.

Interview Questions

• This interview was months ago, so I don't remember many. These are some:

What do you think would be different working here as opposed to your previous place of work?

What is your definition of good customer service?

How would you handle a furious guest?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Coral Springs, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I first applied online through their website. As soon as I submitted the application, I gave them a call. I spoke to the Team Leader of the Customer Service department. He explained how the hiring process worked: they first post a job opening and once a certain amount of time has gone by, they take down the posting and begin screening applications. If your application makes it through the screening process, they call you for an interview. Anyways, he explained that to me and then did an informal interview over the phone with me. About three weeks later I received a call asking me if I wanted to come in for an interview and I was so excited. I came in that very week and was told that if I didn't get a call in two days, it meant I didn't get the job. So you know I was waiting for that call, I finally got it.

Just a few tips for the process:
    -Call in after you send your application.
    -Dress business casual for your interview. Don't overdo it because you may come in with some fancy suit on and be interviewed by people in a shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
    -Don't get intimidated if you see four people interviewing you. It's normal. Just keep your cool and try to make eye contact with everyone at some point during the interview.
    -Be humble and smile.

Once you get that call you'll receive an email within the next 24 hours. Just follow the directions and once your background check is clear, they'll set you up for orientation.
    Hope this helps :) Whole Foods is really a great company with great people working together to make a difference.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was "What are your three weaknesses?" but they also asked "What are your favorite products from whole foods?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they offered and I accepted. I believe the starting rate for a Cashier Assistant is $8.25 and $10 for Cashiers.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boca Raton, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call for an in-store interview. The interviewer was one of the team's associate team leaders, and was extremely nice. the interview was lighthearted, and the interviewer joked around with me. once she established that I would be a good fit, she called an associate store team leader who did a short follow up interview with me. He told me that it was a hard job, but that it was definitely just a "foot in the door", if I worked hard. This was in fact the case, and I became a cashier with two raises within about 2 months. from there I moved to the team I wanted to be on (specialty), and was able to focus my passion towards beer and wine.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wholefoods Market   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Alexandria, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

If they decide to call you in for an interview you go through three stages, most times if your supervisors are all at work you sit down with them and basically go through different variations of the same question. Usually, if you make it through the second interview you're usually in, it's not hard.

Most cases they will proceed to do part of the interview then you will get kicked around sometimes for a week or so till they are all in the same building.

Interview Questions

• The main question you need to worry about is what Customer Service means to you. and try not to give bogus cookie cutter answers. They will let you take time to answer it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

After filling out an application online I got a call for an interview less then a week later. I was interviewed by 4people. It was pretty intimidating even tho most of them were around my age 21-25. At the end of that interview they told me that they wanted me to do a second interview and that they would call me to set it up. They called me literay 2hours later. The next day I have the second interview wit one person the manager. He loved me it seemed and told me that they would call me if I was hired but that he had the last call and that he liked me so it was for sure lol. I got a call the next day telling me I was hired. It was quick when it came down to interviewing but overall a long process. My advice is to know about the company because they asked me on both interviews and be friendly and open availability is the best for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Cashier Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2010.

Interview

After I completed an online application I was called within a couple of weeks. The hiring manager was pleasant on the phone as my interview date was scheduled. The interview process was somewhat long and thorough however I appreciated that since it seemed that the managers were really determined to discover what I call employee-management-customer-store compatibility. *Tips: You may find it beneficial to actually ask the Team Leader of each department if any employees are needed since you may get an interview on the spot. Also before the interview be certain to study the culture and Whole Foods jargon since management can smell and detect people who lie about shopping at the store just to get a job like bloodhounds. You are also more likely to be hired if you are a friendly and warm individual who is teachable rather than only a results driven employee focused on the bottom line with no customer service skills and a cold personality.

Interview Questions

• I found the interview to be simple since I was already a regular Whole Foods shopper and I studied the Whole Foods culture and history online thoroughly before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation I'm afraid. However I was made aware of the ample opportunities for raises and promotions which during my Whole Foods career I was able to take advantage of so no complaints from me on that note.