Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.2

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later. They asked a few questions over the phone and then wanted to set up a time for in interview in person the next day. It was super relaxed and straightforward, they were really nice and offered me a full time position on the spot even though I applied for part time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

After applying online, I received a call to come in for an interview. The day of the interview I signed in and received a name tag and discovered it was a group interview. They started off by doing a presentation and telling us about the company. Then we each individually went up and introduced ourselves. After, they split us up into groups and had to act out 2 scenarios involving customer situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied on-line, and was called pretty promptly for an interview. It was pretty low-key. One of the less stressful interviews I've had. Not very long. I met with one of the 2 team leaders. They got back to me within a few days and made me an offer. He told me a few things that helped me to understand the job better. They are mainly concerned about availability. They weed through a lot of people after they are hired. Mainly because they have a very strict time and attendance policy, a lot of people get fired over that.

Interview Questions

• They ask you if you know the core values, and how those values match yours.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

It was a straight forward process. I received a call which was a brief phone interview they then schedule an interview from there. It was a a relaxing atmosphere. They really want to make sure you have a friendly and enthusiastic personality.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday and got an email inviting me to a group interview a few days later. The group interview consisted of being presented two scenarios and each group collectively coming up with a suitable solution. Then we were led to the Culinary Room and left there for about an hour in which they then came in and started calling people for individual interviews.

I knew who got the position based on how long it took for them to come for the next person in line after each interview. Sure enough, while I was interviewing, one of my fellow group members was just leaving HR.

I was asked no questions other than my availability and then the rest of the discussion was about personal topics such as when and how many kids to have - that sort of thing. The Store Support Lead was nice enough and so was the other HR guy but he let it slip that they'd be emailing me a denial letter without saying the denial part. As we were the second group interview of the day, it's pretty clear that they already filled the position and were just humoring most of us.

Note: I was asked if I could work on a Sunday rather than Saturday and when I replied yes, the Store Support Lead implied by her actions that I would most likely be hired onto the team.

They thanked me for coming and said they'd call or email me with the results. Not even five minutes later, I was sent the form rejection notice and a link to a candidate experience survey.

I'm overqualified as I have 6 years of cashiering experience and at least 2 years of managerial/supervision experience where I was directly in charge of other employees. So I just think that's why I was denied the position. Since they weren't up front about the whole process, it's soured me in terms of applying with them again.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Q: What's your availability?   Answer Question
    • Q: Create a company and decide on two core values that are important to you?   Answer Question
    • Q: A customer brings back a $57 turkey saying that it was dry and it's half eaten. Without asking your supervisor, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Online, very vague and took a while to hear about an interview opportunity. Initially it was supposed to be a group interview but a conference room was overbooked so it ended up being one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who tells you that the item is being charged incorrectly?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was on spot interview. Nice people and food at the interview as well. The hiring people were very friendly and they asked about the availability, plans on how long I want to work for the company.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview was very casual the asked me standard questions about my experience. My recommendation is to Google and YouTube the company so you go in knowing more about the company that you're applying to. It's a great place to work the people are very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

They take forever to contact you and when they do each location asks you a series of yes or no questions that you send in an e-mail back. Then they wait basically another two weeks and say they don't want you at all based on your answers. Which I don't understand because I answered them well.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to clean and maintain a bathroom.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Two managers sat down with me to ask several interview questions. The entire process took about 20 minutes max. A few topics covered are standard affair; what do you like about the brand, what are you strengths, why are you interest, describe a time you resolved conflict with a co-worker, and what are you hinderances. The questions which I didn't anticipate were what foods do you like to eat, how would you handle a customer who didn't want to buy more products, and how would you upsale a purchase. All in all appear energetic, personable, capable of focusing, and ready to work in generally and specifically for the brand that is Whole Foods.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to resolve conflict with a co-worker.   1 Answer