Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Sent in my online application on a Tuesday. 2 days later got a call and had a phone screening with them then was asked to come in for an in person interview the next day. The interview went smoothly and got hired on the spot! Some questions were more difficult than others but nothing too bad.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

Submitted an application (on paper) and I was called in for the first interview the next day. It was a very swift process. I think after the first interview, they called me for a second interview with the store manager and they then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall the questions but I remember them asking me how long I plan on staying with Whole Foods.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

It was a pretty crowded room, but for the most part you speak to one or two people. The person I spoke with was very kind and seemed to really love the company he worked for.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I met with the Team Leader and interviewed near the sales floor. The interview felt like a casual conversation. We were joined by the Assistant Store Team Leader, who asked a few additional questions and hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty easy. Very behavioral based and right off the bat you could tell everyone was nice. And it truly was an enjoyable place to work at. The way they take care of their workers is east to see and the perks you get as an employee are great as well.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

interview process was quick and easy- during the group interview be sure to stand out with your answers because it's easy to be forgotten about because the groups are so big.

group interview, over 30 people and than on a different day, single interviews, they do background checks too.

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite food
      if you had a dinner party what would you make your guest
      why do you want to work here
      Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went into the whole foods near me and asked how can I apply a job here and they told me to go onto the website and apply from there. The next day I got a phone call from one of the supervisors and he asked me if I had time for a phone interview and it took about 15-18 minutes. He mostly asked me about what were the challenges that I've experienced and how did I overcome those challenges. I asked him a few questions like what were the difficult tasks working as a cashier and etc.

After the phone call he told me to come to the store in a couple of days, and when I got there, they made me sit and wait for a supervisor to interview me again. That lasted about 30-40 minutes. It was almost the same questions like the phone interview but this time it was longer. She had my resume and was looking through it and asking me what I want to do in the future and what goals do I have right now.

My advice to you guys are to just relax and pretend you're chatting with someone you know and just explaining what you got to offer for their company because that is what they want. Also, do some research about the company before having the interviews. But seriously, relax, it's not the end of the world if you don't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. There's a pre-screening questionaire that you fill out online with the application. A week or so later, I got a phone call pre-screening interview. It went pretty well. The lady who interviewed me over the phone was very nice and rephrased some questions so I was able to answer them easier.

Scheduled an in-person interview. Went in, and the person who was suppose to interview me wasn't there. Instead I was interviewed by two other people. One was an assistant store manager and the other was the one who was going to train me if I got the job. The interview took place in the cafe/eating area. At first I was kinda nervous b/c it was in public where people can listen in, but once the interview got started it was easy for me to forget that and openly talk. They asked quite a few questions, ranging from typical questions like "Why WFM?" to "What do you do when you're frustrated?"

Interview took about 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot right after. They said to expect an email for a background check, etc. Overall, it was a good interview. Go in prepared. Do your research and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you're frustrated?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were in conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you still had a few hours of your shift left and you just keep getting customer after customer, how do you stay motivated?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you gave good customer service? A time you experienced bad service and what would you recommend to change/improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Super casual interview. First met with the high wrong manager who asked me about my resume and about myself. Then met with one of the lead associates who asked casual questions, truly trying to get to know who I am.

Interview Questions

• If I walk on to the floor, how will I be able to tell that you're on shift today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Alexandria, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick sit down interview in the cafe in the front of the store. The manager was extremely nice and was just asking me about my previous employers and if I would be a good addition to the team. They also asked me when I would be available considering I go to school 4/7 days of the week.

Interview Questions

• What is good hospitality?   Answer Question
    • What was one difficult thing you had to overcome in a work setting and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question