Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.2

183 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was on spot interview. Nice people and food at the interview as well. The hiring people were very friendly and they asked about the availability, plans on how long I want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview was very casual the asked me standard questions about my experience. My recommendation is to Google and YouTube the company so you go in knowing more about the company that you're applying to. It's a great place to work the people are very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Two managers sat down with me to ask several interview questions. The entire process took about 20 minutes max. A few topics covered are standard affair; what do you like about the brand, what are you strengths, why are you interest, describe a time you resolved conflict with a co-worker, and what are you hinderances. The questions which I didn't anticipate were what foods do you like to eat, how would you handle a customer who didn't want to buy more products, and how would you upsale a purchase. All in all appear energetic, personable, capable of focusing, and ready to work in generally and specifically for the brand that is Whole Foods.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to resolve conflict with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by phone asking to schedule an interview, there was no phone screen for this location. I was interviewed in the café by two supervisors/managers. There were a lot of questions, more than I've experienced in the past for similar positions. It lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a customer's day.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond/superseded a supervisors expectations   Answer Question
    • Can you provide an example about a time you worked as part of a team?   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Very easy and quick. they were fast on keeping the interview light. had an easy going conversation . They had two interviews setup for me. Moved me up and asked if i wanted to work in what location.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 2 days later, where I had to do this phone interview which lasted about 12 minutes. During the phone interview, the lady, who was fairly nice, asked me very generic questions like, "Why WFM" or "Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer." After that, she asked me to come in for a group interview on Thursday. It was great because I had time to prepare.

Interview day. I dressed very conservatively and I had the most common Interview questions recited in my head. I came in on time and notified the customer's service desk that I had a group interview.

It didn't turn out to be a group interview. This employer alone, Debbie, conducted the interview. She had this packet which had interview questions and she'd write pieces of my responses on it. The interview had common questions pop up, like "Why did you choose to apply to WFM" or "Give me a time where you encountered an angry customer."

***They ask you a lot of questions about customer service. They didn't really ask a lot about me as a person.

Debbie then told me that I have to talk to her boss, Ricardo, for the final decision. Met her boss and he asked me similar questions from Debbie, which took
    about 10-15 minutes. He also asked me if I committed a felony, and all the other questions which involved breaking the law. He then told me that
    they'd call me the same day, or the next for the final decision whether I was hired or not.

The interview process lasted about an hour, because Debbie thoroughly explained some of the procedures at Whole Foods and the benefits of working there.

I didn't get a call the same day, or the next, but I did get one the next, NEXT day, and I got offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to WFM?   1 Answer
    • Give me a time where you encountered with an angry/ dissatisfied customer.   1 Answer
    • Give me a time where YOU received bad customer service and how did that make you feel.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to stand up for yourself for the greater good.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where your team worked unsupervised and how did your team deal with that setting.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you dealt with an unprofessional work setting and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Orland Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview within threes day. Then had a face to face interview two days after. They asked tons of questions and generally seemed very interested and they were very pleasant

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods instead of the the other retails stores around here   Answer Question
    • What are you majoring in and what do you plan to do with those degrees   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 4/12. I received an email on 4/25 for a cashier position opening. In the email i was asked , if interested in the position, to answer three questions. After responding with answers, I immediately received an email asking me to come in for an in person interview. I set up my interview for 4/28. In my first interview I was asked the same 3 questions as well as a couple more. I was then set up for a second interview on 4/28 with the Store Manager. Meeting him he asked questions that were based on the type of person I am. I could sense that e wanted to keep a "straight face" but I could see I made him smile throughout the whole interview. He then said he would love to see me grow with the company and asked me to stick around to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the places I could of applied to, why Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever shopped at Whole Foods? What could you tell me is different from other grocery stores?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best candidate to add to our team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screening after applying online then was asked to come in for an interview, however, the position was filled before they offered the job. Overall pretty casual interview process, just make sure to follow up when you can

Anonymous Employee in Sebastopol, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sebastopol, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was briefly interviewed, and we discussed my education background my job experience. It was very casual and the questions seemed to be aimed towards my character rather than my abilities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have past experience in customer service?   1 Answer