Whole Foods Market Customer Service Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Customer Service Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied almost 2 months before I got a call so I really wasn't expecting it! I was interviewed by two managers, separately. They were both very laid back and friendly, which helped with my confidence throughout the interview. They told me that I would be contacted again within the next couple of weeks about an orientation date.

I have to say the whole interview went great until they asked me to list any 2 consecutive days I would need off for the next 9 months! I was not prepared for this at all. They weren't very patient about me calling my family to see when I should ask off for Christmas.

Things to be prepared for: have your availability planned out for the next 9 months, research basic information about the store (know it's values), and just be laid back and happy.

Interview Questions

• The only question that threw me off was: "Define a sense of urgency." I asked him what he meant after thinking about it for some time and he said, "For example, when the store is really busy."   1 Answer

Negotiation

unlike others, there was no negotiation process. he just handed me a piece of paper with the hourly wage of $10 and said, "this is the starting wage, by signing here you agree to this wage." It didn't seem like a negotiation to me and I didn't want to risk it since I've been unemployed for some time.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I filled out an application online, and then I attended a job fair. There were a large number of candidates who were at the fair. We all took a screening interview with one manager, and if we passed that, we had a second interview with the head of the department we desired to work in. The second interview was about the same or a bit longer than the first.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected questions was where i shopped besides food markets or shops. I said bookstores since I love to read, and English was my major.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Marietta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online on June 27th. A lot easier to apply to than other places, no personality assessment. Got called the next day to see if I was still interested for an interview. Got interviewed by 2 people at the same time. Got offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your former supervisor right now and ask him what your biggest strength is and what your biggest weakness is, what would he tell us?   Answer Question
    • Why Whole Foods? What did you like about it? What drew you in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy as pie to negotiate. They actually started me at 50 cents over what I asked for

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview with about 10 other people in the room. they had us work in a groups by making a commercial for wholefoods. our group talked about how gmos are every important in the foods we eat.we also showed great customer service by showing a customer where a certain item was

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lancaster, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later I got a email from Whole Foods asking me to answer questions. After I sent the answers in I got an email asking if I wanted to do a phone interview. A couple days later I got a phone call for the phone interview. They asked my history and why I wanted to work there and a couple different questions. I then got a call to come in for a in person interview a couple days later. I had a interview with three team leaders. They all asked me different questions and a day later I was offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was vey long. I had went through a referral screening which I had acquired by my job coordinator. I had one group interview with about ten other individuals, who were all trying to answer the same questions at once. At this point I assumed it was a test of personality and leadership skills; whether or not I knew when to speak my mind and showcase my personality or let others speak. There were three individual interviews thereafter which expanded over a period of two weeks. After this process, the team said they would run a background check on me which took two-three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for wholefoods market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I waited over an hour to be seen, no one was helpful, I had to constantly check to make sure I was still going to be interviewed. My interview was rushed and though I got an offer, I'm not sure if it was because I had to wait so long, or because of my experience

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Once you apply someone is going to call you in to the store for a interview. There you will interview with the Customer Service Assistant Team Leader. They will ask you basic questions about your experience. Based on your answers and attitude you will speak with the Team Leader. Based on your interview with them you may meet the Store Team Leader who gives you a brief description of the company. The cashier interview process is a very laid back non stressful interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great asset to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Northbrook, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the customer service assistant lead and the team lead. Both were very kind and easy to talk to. I presented my resume and was asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you were in and how you handled or resolved it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2012.

Interview

Pretty easy, called a few times, talked to HR, then had a simple informal 15 minute interview. Pretty standard and no big surprises. They offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is a good customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question