Whole Foods Market Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Invited to a hiring day. They offered me the job in the first 15 minutes. I was under the impression that they liked me a lot to offer the position on the spot. Turns out they had a big turn over and hired lots of people that day. I chose to dismiss they higher turn over rate since this job is at a grocery store. That is to be expected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boulder, CO).

Interview

I applied online. I was invited to interview after I voluntarily came to the store I wanted to work at and introduced myself to my future manager. The interview felt informal: we sat on a couch. I was offered the job at the conclusion of the interview. While I was employed at Whole Foods, the interview process became much more rigorous. I'm under the impression that more recent hires went through a phone interview round, then 2 face to face panel interviews. The final interview was with the store's assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What stands out to you the most when you walk into a Whole Foods store? Do you like to cook? What are your favorite foods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Newport News, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Large group interview - not sure how they can arrive at a decision with the volume of people interviewed and the arrangement of tables. They observed team interaction while walking around taking notes. Overall it made me feel like a small child and while I appreciate their innovative approach, it made them seem like the snobs that they are.

Interview Questions

• How I handled a difficult customer in the past   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and without any difficulty. I was one of 40 people who was interviewed in a group setting for a position in several different departments. I was involved in role playing as a potential employee. I was also asked several questions based upon my knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I knew about the company prior to a presentation by a team manager after he spoke about the aspects of the company.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Met with team leader of department and team leader of store and the process took about 2 to 3 weeks from training to working on the floor. Great experience and nice place to work. Met a lot of great people and had a blast while working there

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

Interview

I went through two interviews. The first one was much more difficult than the first one. The second one, I was asked what I liked about Whole Foods and why I wanted to work there. It was important to know about the company, their values and what they do.

Interview Questions

• What size turkey do you need to feed 20 people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negtiation

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Mill Valley, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Friendly, interested managers. Make interviewer feel comfortable and welcome. Described job requirements in detail. Asked appropriate questions for job. Discussed opportunities for continuing education and advancement. Interviewed with several managers and supervisors. Answered all my questions during interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of excellent customer service you have provided in a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

they have you do a group interview everyone who is applying for positions in all of their departments. you role play different situations like if a customer comes in and isn't being helped but you're in the middle of stocking the shelves or a customer needs help finding an item and the nearest colleague isn't greeting them. essentially they want to see how you would react in situations where customers aren't either being helped or you have a task to do and how you set your priorities.

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite item at whole foods and why? they also ask what the price of certain items are? they're no wrong answer but it wouldn't hurt to browse their store for what the prices are for basic items. most importantly, just be outgoing and engaging in the role playing. they want to see if you're willing to talk to strangers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they wouldn't budge on the starting price, apparently everyone starts at $11/hr

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Interview

It was a series of three standard customer service interviews. They focused a lot on your standard generic stuff.First interview with your supervisors, second interview with team leaders, third interview with store team leaders.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Madison, WI).

Interview

I was called a few days after submitting my resume online, and then had two interviews in person. The first was with the assistant store team leader, who asked me broader questions about my work history seemed to be gauging my ability to relate to others. The second interview focused more around my specific customer service experience - and seemed to gauge how well of a fit I would be with her team. The second interview was with the assistant customer service team leader.

Interview Questions

• The assistant store team leader asked about my favorite types of meals to prepare - and also asked me what I would recommend specifically to different customer questions.   Answer Question