Whole Foods Market Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cambridge, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was a cashier. I applied to another store for supervisor. Its always good to try to new store. I went there to help, talked with the maximum possible leaders and team members. Prepared for the interview, went ten minute earlier and faced the interview with calm and comfort.

Interview Questions

• I found all the questions easy and expected. Most interesting question for me is my favorite core value.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You will get the position instantly. Salary depends on your experience and performance. If you want to grow in fun culture, this is always the best company to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

After applying, the most important thing you can do is talk to as many people about the position as possible: other Supervisors, Team Leader, Associate Team Leaders, Store Team Leaders. It is a panel interview, where the panel asks a series of questions for you to answer. They might also ask you to prepare a small presentation, or complete a small project.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Whole Foods Core Value and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They is a very firm non-negotiable starting wage.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2009.

Interview

The interview stages are: 1. either tagteam or one-on-one i-view with peer supervisors and/or shift leader. 2. panel interview. 3. background check. Only got to 1st stage. I was contacted within 5 hours of end of interview that I would not be granted a panel/group interview. Rejection contact was made by a separate person as fyi. Interviewers follow a script to ask questions about what you know about the culture of Whole Foods and your knowledge of organic foods. I was also asked about how often got raises in present job. I must assume that they base initial rejections on gut-feelings. I felt like I was carrying interview as the ones assigned to this task for me were not organically (yes I meant this pun) excited about their task. Perhaps I was brought in as a benchmark to evaluate against internal candidates. Their loss is all that I can say as I am not anxious to shop their anytime soon.

Interview Questions

• How often did you get raises in your current or previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

If you don't have knowledge of the company and/or organics, you're screwed. The very same phone call to let me know they were interested in me to come in for an interview they asked if I could do a quick phone interview, and I couldn't so we scheduled an interview a week afterwards. That 1st interview was with the TL/ASTL (Team/Assistant Team leaders) of the customer service/front end department. Right off the bat, you're tested on your knowledge of organics and the company, as well as feeding into your personality and people skills as well as job skills tied into the position. The interview went very smoothly and was offered not only a 2nd interview but a job regardless as a cashier if I didn't pull through in my 2nd interview.

The 2nd interview took place five days after and was a panel interview consisting of the TL, 2 ASTL, 2 current supervisors and a cashier where they dug deeper into your personality and work+business ethics.

Even though the 2nd interview gave me nerves a run for their money, the interview still went very smoothly. Seriously about 3 hours after the interview I received a call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name your weakest and strongest attribute..   1 Answer
    • What is your opinion on company policies and how and what you do if you disagree with a policy or policies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation really didn't happen, I was told my hourly rate and I just agreed to it since it was the highest I've ever been offered in my job history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carolina, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Carolina, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

The first initial process started with me putting my application in on the online link. From there I received a phone call about 2.5 weeks later and was asked a few preliminary questions ex. what is your availability, why would you like to work for our company?. Then proceeded to ask me in a week later for a in person interview. The questions at the first interview are mainly about your work history and how the skills previous could help with the job applied for. this took about 1 hour and i spoke with 4 people who pretty much asked the same questions in different contexts. they ask me to come back later that week to interview with the floor staff( cashiers and CA's). This interview process took about 2 hours and i spoke with well over 15 people. It was a quite relaxed interview seeing as how one guy i spoke with had only been withthe company for 2 days. from there i was ask to come back about a week later to do a panel interview where i was spoke with only the head cashier and the head over the customer service department. From the 3rd in person interview i didnt really hear much from them maybe once or twice letting me know im still being considered for the job. so fingers crossed that the last interview i will be going to will be a happy experience.

Interview Questions

• The most Unexpected question for me was "Do you like to cook?". Seeing as how I was not interviewing for the cooking aspect of whole foods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Springfield, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply on line, pass in resume and cover letter, attend the interview with a panel of 6 other people interviewing you. You talk with them for about 30 - 45 mins about what you think of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that really stands out where you helped a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cupertino, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

They interview consisted of a panel of employees (Team Leader, two of the three Associate TL's, and three team members). Questions were often standard: "Why do you think you'd be a good fit", "What do you feel like could be improved upon within the dept.", etc. The latter half was focused on hypothetical situations and how you would handle them. Prior to the interview you're strongly encouraged to meet with current supervisors, ATLs, your TL and other TMs to ask questions about what they look for in a supervisor, and if they have any advice about how you could become best suited for the role, and other things of that nature.

Interview Questions

• Two otherwise very competent and highly skilled employees are not getting along and it's starting to become a problem--how do address the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I had experience at previous Whole Foods stores in another reason and came with high recommendations from previous leadership--so I was able to negotiate. I was asked what I felt I deserved, and the TL said my request was fair and ended up becoming my wage.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was already a team member so I talked to team and store leadership and got their approval to apply and advice for the interview and talked to team members about what I could bring to the position.

The interview is a 7 person panel and lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• How do I plan to differentiate myself as a leader vs a team member   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days the Customer Service Team Leader contacted my self over the phone. She asked me about my leadership style and how I've handled difficult guests. She brought me into a panel interview with another leader and asked me about myself and how do I handle different personality types and about my previous jobs.

They asked me about how I could communicate to the cashiers that they were wearing pirate gear as the main uniform. Also asked me if I was a book or movie buff
    and then asked me what book and character would best represent myself. Finally, asked me about my availability.

After that interview, I interviewed with the main store leader. Asked me about my previous job experiences and how I would fit into this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, since when I interviewed they were opening up a new store. I was fine of what they offered me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

very nerve racking interview, they have a 5-6 person panel for a group interview and each person asks you 2-3 questions. the questions might seem fairly easy but then they have a voting as to whether or not you're hired and many times you won't get hired for personal reasons, like the team leader already had an idea in mind of who they wanted but they have to interview you as a formality

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event of two employees getting into an altercation   1 Answer