Whole Foods Market Customer Service Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Customer Service Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

very brief. they ask if you know what organic is. ask how you handled a difficult customer. anyone with minimal interview experience will be fine. they were quick to respond after the interview. whole thing was about a week

Interview Questions

• what does organic mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The Team Lead and Assistant team lead sat down with me in the store. Both were very nice. Questions were pretty basic --they asked what I knew about the company, what diversity means and why it's important, and if I could be on time every day. They called and made me an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation at work, for example a rude customer or a super busy day with long lines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (East Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

-I received a phone call after applying online and was asked to name three kinds of apples, summarize my experience, and explain why I wanted to work there. I was then given an interview time

-The store hadn't opened yet, so potential employees went to a rented-out business space to be interviewed one at a time

-My first interview was with my potential boss (team leader) and my potential boss' boss. I was asked some very standard questions and a more personal question

-My second interview was extremely brief and with the store manager. I was re-asked a lot of the above questions, and then had a very casual chat about the store

-Finally, I was asked a few questions about my ability to work, signed some papers, and walked out with a job

Interview Questions

• -"What's your greatest weakness?"   1 Answer
    • "How would you handle an angry customer?"   Answer Question
    • "If you were a character in a movie, who would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online on 12/26/15, and got an e-mail back 3 days later on the 29th about a job fair. They wanted me to answer a few questions like why Whole Foods, about my availability and based on my answers I'd get an official invitation to the job fair. On January 4th I was invited to the fair, which was on the 7th. I went and it was very fun. I've never had an interview like how Whole Foods does their interviews. There were about 30 of us in a room, with 6 different Team Leaders. We sat in groups with a Team leader in each ( my group had 2 TLs sitting with us) and we introduced ourselves and said why we wanted to work at WF. Then we did a customer service activity and another activity I can't remember. Then they called some numbers to step out of the room, as they were getting call backs later in the week. I'd say about 9 or 10 of us went on the the 2nd interview which was a couple hours later.

The 2nd interview was a one on one with a store leader. We clicked immediately. He asked what great customer service is, what do I hope to learn from WF, and 1 more question but we spent a bulk of the interview sharing common interests and it felt like a "get to know you" kinda thing instead of an interview. He definitely is passionate about the company and his passion was pretty contagious. I was hired in the spot and stayed after to do the background check, now my orientation is tomorrow 1/22

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start at $11 but from what the manager told me my store is the busiest in my city so it's easy to get full time, and with hard work and training with management you can move up pretty fast. About 90% of the Team Leaders who sat in my interview moved about in about a year and a half on average.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Providence, RI) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with ram leader of department then store team leader was short and sweet and just described everything they wanted from you and left out the infromation about having a horrible points system if god forbid you or your child is sick

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Beware

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Oxnard, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

online application, in person resume and meet management. Interview Scheduled with ATL, then immediately after HR. Job offer on the spot. Instructed to watch for email later in the day to start background check which took about an hour to complete. Background check was back in 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a couple of days and was asked a few getting-to-know-you questions about why I want to work for Whole Foods, why I would be a good candidate, and was told about the base salary for all employees. Within a couple weeks I had a group interview with about 30 other people. It was a very interesting and unique interview process. It worked like a round table discussion for the most part. We started off by answering a couple questions as a full group and then broke off into two tables based on the departments you were interested in (I chose Customer Service/Front End and Grocery). They asked you a few questions in those small groups, we participated in a group activity, then the team leaders gave closing remarks. Within a few days I heard from the Customer Service Team Leader offering a position. The whole process was fairly seamless and took approximately two weeks total.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Upper Arlington, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was done by both my team leads, and then a separate interview by the store leads. They sat me down at the front of the store to ask me questions about how I would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews one after another. First with the Leader in charge of your department, second with the store manager. They sit you in front of the store instead of a private area and the other people applying to the job are only 2 tables away. Everything is out in the open.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict and how did your solve it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a week later. Went in for in person interview, and was given job on the spot. Started the following week. The process was quick and easy. Only took about a week from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge at one of your previous positions?   Answer Question