Whole Foods Market Customer Service Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Customer Service Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Oxnard, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

online application, in person resume and meet management. Interview Scheduled with ATL, then immediately after HR. Job offer on the spot. Instructed to watch for email later in the day to start background check which took about an hour to complete. Background check was back in 2 days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Frisco, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then a one on one with my assistant manager. People who started when the store first opened also had a group or panel interview. My interview process was easier.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2011.

Interview

Usually a phone screen, then a one on one interview, then another person comes in to help with the interview. The dual person interview can be intimidating, but they ask basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Also, the process can change dramatically based on who is doing the interview. There is a high turnover rate so interviewers change a lot.

Interview Questions

• They ask why you want to work for whole foods specifically.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2013.

Interview

They asked a few questions regarding the core values, my interest/knowledge in the company, etc, but it wasn't very extensive. They're looking for good customer service potential first and foremost.

Interview Questions

• Which core value do you most value and why?   1 Answer

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2012.

Interview

Phone call, about 20 minutes. Then I meet with the assistant store leader who had a 1:1 20 minute interview. Fairly easy questions. Half about scheduling and desire to work with WFM.

Interview Questions

• Music you like, what you know about organic food, why you want the job, what is your approach to high-stress situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Nashville, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

I had to apply several times over two years before my application was even acknowledged. When I was called in, I met the Team Leader and then had to come back and meet her Assistant. After passing those two interviews, I was interviewed by an Assistant Store Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me questions - they just chatted with me. I had applied multiple times, but it wasn't until a friend of mine who already worked there noticed a job was available did I get a chance to even have my application looked at. My friend went directly to the Team Leader who was hiring and suggested I was the right candidate and had been applying several times over a couple years. That's how my application was reviewed. During the interview, the only question I was asked that related to the job was whether or not I had reliable transportation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was very brief and to the point! Interviewed by TL and 2 ATL's. Made me feel comfortable when I got nervous! Asked a lot of questions with real situation scenarios and what would you do questions!

Interview Questions

• How would I prioritize on the following situation: You have spoilage to do, the phone is ringing, there's a line of 5 customer for returns and a customer looking for a product!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online on 12/26/15, and got an e-mail back 3 days later on the 29th about a job fair. They wanted me to answer a few questions like why Whole Foods, about my availability and based on my answers I'd get an official invitation to the job fair. On January 4th I was invited to the fair, which was on the 7th. I went and it was very fun. I've never had an interview like how Whole Foods does their interviews. There were about 30 of us in a room, with 6 different Team Leaders. We sat in groups with a Team leader in each ( my group had 2 TLs sitting with us) and we introduced ourselves and said why we wanted to work at WF. Then we did a customer service activity and another activity I can't remember. Then they called some numbers to step out of the room, as they were getting call backs later in the week. I'd say about 9 or 10 of us went on the the 2nd interview which was a couple hours later.

The 2nd interview was a one on one with a store leader. We clicked immediately. He asked what great customer service is, what do I hope to learn from WF, and 1 more question but we spent a bulk of the interview sharing common interests and it felt like a "get to know you" kinda thing instead of an interview. He definitely is passionate about the company and his passion was pretty contagious. I was hired in the spot and stayed after to do the background check, now my orientation is tomorrow 1/22

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start at $11 but from what the manager told me my store is the busiest in my city so it's easy to get full time, and with hard work and training with management you can move up pretty fast. About 90% of the Team Leaders who sat in my interview moved about in about a year and a half on average.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on line and said I was referred by my cousin who work at another store. The hr representative(PBS) called me for a phone interview. I was asked to give them three work references. And then set up a time for an interview at the store. The face to face interview was with the team leader and a supervisor. Basic questions no surprise. Just be honest and prove that you are a hard worker and flexible about your availability.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Upper Arlington, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was done by both my team leads, and then a separate interview by the store leads. They sat me down at the front of the store to ask me questions about how I would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.