Whole Foods Market Front End Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Front End Team Member Interview Questions

1.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The interview was a three step process. The first time I interviewed in a group, and the second time I interviewed with a team manager. On my third interview I met with a store manager and a manager of my department. Fairly easy questions. Knowledge of organic and health foods is most definitely a must.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Submitted my resume online, followed up in person, had 2 interviews, and had the job within 2 weeks. Had a one on one interview with the front end supervisor, and was offered the job on the spot. Very simple and honest process, I felt well prepared and valued by my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if saw a customer stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, I was excited to be offered a higher than average wage, and did not bother to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online then went into the store to talk to customer service. They essentially told me they wanted to make sure I was personable. Typical for customer service. They offered me an interview for the next day. After that, a few weeks passed and I had a second interview where a supervisor asked maybe 3 questions and got offered the job on the spot.

Front End Team Member Interview

Interview

phone call to come in and then they brought me and three others in very fast interview. training started two weeks after with other employees in different departments watched videos and got straight to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Plantation, FL).

Interview

I handed in a written application. I was called back within a week to meet one of the store team leads. The interview itself was very informal. We met in the store's cafe area and after an interview that lasted no more than 15-20 minutes, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The main question that sealed the deal them on me was why I wanted to work for Whole Foods. They ate up that I did my research and new about the company. They are really looking for people who know about the store and their practices and who seem to be impressed by it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Nashville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

15-20 minute beahvioral interview. Submitted my application online, called to follow up (knowing someone on the team always helps), and was called in for an interview. I met with 2 Team Leaders in the care area at Whole Foods, and they chatted with me for a bit. Some basic preparation is necessary -- I've seen some teenagers come in with no idea what to say for very standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about Whole Foods? What is your experience with customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jackson, MS) in November 2013.

Interview

The group interview was so much fun! We were divided into groups and chose topics to perform a "skit". I had read the other Interview Process reviews and was prepared for being in front of the group! It was very helpful!!!

Interview Questions

• When the group interview was passed, an individual interview was arranged. I was asked why I wanted to work for Whole Foods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fremont, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a typical customer service interview.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between satisfying and delighting a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

They called me first, then I drove over for the interview. The interview is conducted sitting in the booths at the front end of the store. This can be very nerve-wracking if you were hoping for a quiet, distraction-free interview environment, but perhaps they're trying to assess your ability to handle the activity of the store. If that interview is successful, they'll call you a few days to a week later to interview with the next-higher-up manager. If this is successful, they'll usually offer you the job on the spot, or tell you that they wish to hire you but you must first interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• "When have you ever had to deal with an uncomfortable situation on the job and how did you handle it?" I was frank and told them about a harassment incident and the store manager seemed impressed with how I handled things, so don't be afraid to give a real example. Or you could just fabricate, it's not like they will call your old boss and say "Hey did you really scream at/punch/stalk/steal from XX employee four years ago?"   Answer Question

I decided to take a work-study job instead. The traffic to the Whole Foods store was abhorrent, and I was told by two different friends who work there that WF will write you up for being late even if they schedule you to be there during the worst rush-hour times when traffic is at a standstill.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Irvine, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

sat down with the team leader and discussed my prior experience. I hadn't really had any, so it was a pretty social interview, she just asked about me and what my interests are. It was a great first job.