Whole Foods Market Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.4

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent application in online, got a call back a few days later and had an interview with the store manager which was one on one conversation. Got a call back the next day for a panel interview and to bring a 30/60/90 action plan. Worst experience of my life. The employees were cold and gave no emotion. Asked only questions that were negative about myself. They never even looked over my action plan. I knew I did bad in the interview - was completely caught off guard with their mannerisms, and extreme hypothetical questions. Got a call the next day stating the job went to someone more qualified... (I have a degree and 6 years of management experience) What can ya do?

Interview Questions

• What are your worst qualities?   Answer Question
    • What would your old manager say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an employee who is talking about you behind your back?   Answer Question
    • If we were to talk to your old co-workers what negative things would they say about you?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

You have to spend hours going around to the store you applied at. They want you to talk to other team leaders and team members. You have to do an action plan and resume. The actual interview was on a panel of 8. Then you wait until they contact you to see if you have the job.

Associate Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Spring, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phone call, phone call with executive coordinator for the area, panel interviews then RVP makes the final decision. Interview questions were your basic "tell me about a time" describe to me how you would handle a situation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer   Answer Question
    • What would your former employees say they missed the most and the least about you?   Answer Question

They basically wasted my time. I have 12 years of retail store management experience (including being a big box retail store manager) and I was selected to talk about an Associate Team Leader position? Base was $62400 and it didn't matter what experience you had and they tried to convince me that the benefits offset the salary! How does 20% off overpriced foods, a personal wellness account, not matching 401k, 3 weeks of PTO offset that salary for someone with that experience? Recruiters really need to look at the position they are looking to fill and not select an over qualified applicant and insult them.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. It is very easy to apply online, but you can only apply if their is an opening. I was invited to a job fair that they were having. Interviewed with a Team Leader in the front end department.

Specialty Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in for a chat with the Store Team Leader. He went over a basic tour of the store, policies, and core values. Received another call later in the week to come in for a panel interview consisting of 5 people. They fired basic interview questions at me and it lasted about 30 minutes. Got a call the following day from the Team Lead who would make the final decision on the candidate that she would hire, and she asked about my references and the current status of my workplace, which led me to believe I would most likely get the offer. Which shortly after that I did. I accepted the offer and anxiously waited for my first day of work, after I did my background check of course, and then received another phone call from the Store Leader. They revoked their offer due to the fact that my reason for leaving my last employer, which I put on the application as "Disagreement" and nothing more, was fictitious and not truthful.

Interview Questions

• How do you distinguish yourself as a worthy outer candidate versus someone who is applying from within the company?   Answer Question
    • Say you get hired, how do you establish yourself as an authority figure? What if the staff doesn't take you seriously and they only respect what the Team Lead has to say?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long, but it was at the beginning of December so obviously the store was very busy during that time.

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Really easy and fun interview. The two store leaders made it feel like I was sitting down with a couple of friends. It was the most comfortable interview I have ever been apart of.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with identifying different fruits and vegetables?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I actually went to a job fair they were having it was very UNPROFESSIONAL!!! But i stayed anyway, i interviewed with two managers they ask your normal interview questionsnso EASY!!!! Den met with the HR Manager and got HIRED ON THE SPOT !!! They will hire you if you have EXPERIENCE. Soon as i got home she sent me the background check and now im just waiting to see what my start date will be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, time u delt with a difficult customer, why do you wanna work for us.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

We sat at a table outside and briefly talked about the job and the hours. She asked me about my experience and my availability. I was informed that the job was not very hands on and that I would probably like to apply at another location that was hiring a cake decorator.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You are given a pre-screen phone interview, then an interview with your immediate supervisor, and lastly, a panel interview with 5-8 people from various departments and levels. You are then given an offer if you were accepted, and asked to submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• -In what order would you handle these issues? (angry customer, spill, phone ringing, etc.)
      -How would you handle drama at work between two associates?
      -Why do you like Whole Foods?
      -What do you need to improve about yourself?
      -What didn't you like about your other jobs?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very simple and convenient everyone was friendly and acted more like family then anything. I had to wait a while but I understand it gets busy so no complaints. They care more about your personality then your experience.