Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,557 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later. They asked a few questions over the phone and then wanted to set up a time for in interview in person the next day. It was super relaxed and straightforward, they were really nice and offered me a full time position on the spot even though I applied for part time.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you received negative feedback from a customer - how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Name one of your best customer service moments   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

There were other interviews going on during my interview so it was loud. Very nice people. Got hired, and had an orientation that was 7 hours too long. Just basic stuff you could read online in about 1-2 hours.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I applied online and heard back about a month later. I came in for an interview and the woman I had an interview set up with wasn’t there so I interviewed with someone else. Afterwards, they went to get another person to interview me.

Interview Questions

• What would your past employer say your 3 weaknesses and 3 strengths are?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received an employee referral. Had a screening call with HR and another with a department team member. Process took two months.

The interview was a panel style with multiple team members and questions were in quick succession. The questions were not tough, but they are looking for the interviewee to elaborate on experience for almost every main attribute listed in the job description.

Tips for panel
    • Laid back demeanor. B type > A type personality in this setting
    • Know the core values and the details on one that you value
    • Confirm when you are done answering the question
    • Have some examples to job description points
    • While it may feel like a senate hearing, answer as if in a conversation
    • Ask interpersonal questions vs technical questions since it is supposed to be a conversation

In the end, my demeanor stifled me even and my qualifications were subordinate. It was my loss because they seemed like a great group to work with.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2017.

Interview

I'd read previously that sometimes WF does group interviews. Well the one I attended was like this. 30 people in a room doing team building exercises. This was actually fun. The other interviewees seemed like nice people. However, as this is going on I'm wondering to myself how they are going to decide who to call back for individual interviews. So I look around the room and notice the attending WF employees taking notes as the activities are going on. The company seems to want happy friendly people, however their own employees seemed a bit snooty and overly serious career minded type. There was one guy who seemed nice. But I didn't get the impression these were psychology experts who could observe people in a group setting and make an informed decision. I get the feeling they're looking for a certain type of "look" in a person. Whenever you interview, it's not just you getting interviewed for a job, but you also are interviewing the company to decide if they are a good fit for you. It's too soon to know if any of the people in my group will get a call back since the group exercise was just yesterday, but my takeaway is that the current employees doing the hiring are looking for workers who look the whole foods part (vegatarian, vegan, foodie), and won't be a threat to their aspirations to management. I'll probably blow this one off for a more genuine environment

Specialty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Someone from the department asks you questions printed on the back of the application form you filled out. After I answered them well, she initiated the second interview and went to get her manager to meet me and give the final yes/no. She came back saying they weren't available right now and would get in touch tomorrow to schedule that second interview. Tomorrow I didn't hear from them so I called to be told they didn't get a chance and would be in touch the next day. The next day I still hadn't heard from them so I called back to be told no one was available and to call back the following day. The following day I left a message with my name and email to a staff member who was going to chase it up for me. I was led on for a while like this and no one ever came back to me to schedule that second interview or reject me. I literally never heard from Whole Foods again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Example of past customer service you provided?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later for an interview after a typical phone screening. The interview itself involved standard customer service questions, especially regarding how you handle difficult customer scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe the worst customer service experience you've ever had to handle   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2016.
    Quick phone interview with general screening questions, followed by an in-person interview with store manager and department manager. Very friendly and responsive throughout the process, best advice is to relax and make friends.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Ok so I met the lady and she was really sweet and she said she liked me but then when she said she was going to call back for another interview she never did...

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to come in for an interview. I got there and waited in a room with about 15 other people. When I finally got called in they realized I had extensive retail experience and thought I would be a good fit. The manager then had me meet with the bakery team members to finish the interview. When I told them I would need the day before Thanksgiving off to see my family in Chicago they said they would not hire me. They asked me to change my flight if I wanted to be hired. I know the importance of attendance during the holidays being that I have worked in retail 5+ years, however it appeared that this was all Whole Foods cared about. I found it ironic that they claim to care about all their employees, yet they wouldn’t hire me because I said I needed one day off to see my family. It seemed like they only wanted someone that could donate every hour of their lives to the company. That’s not what I was looking for in a part-time job.