Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,356 Interview Reviews

2.5

1,356 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Overnight Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

First received a pre-screening phone call from HR. Then got an email asking me in for an interview. Team leader and associate team leader interviewed me. Asked me standard interview questions and about keywords and what I knew about them such as gluten free, gmo, organic, omega 3 and so on.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was very uncomfortable experience. Felt like an interrogation. One of the interviewees refused to shake my hand before the interview. Made me feel like I didn't belong there. I could tell by their demeanor that staff had no intention of hiring me before I spoke a word. One person even left half way through.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly focused on my personality and what I would do in certain situations.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Attended a large group interview. There was a long wait before i interviewed with team leader. They asked pretty easy questions and I was offered the position. It was all done in one day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about whole foods?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Interview

Asked question about experience, what would previous bosses say about you and your work ethic, are you a team player, etc. We conducted the interview by the coffee/kitchen space.

Baker/Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Ramon, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I spoke to customer service, then a very kind hiring manager James who was super friendly and we had an interview outside of the San Ramon location where I was told to be myself and that I would be working around a diverse team that learns at different paces

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Wholefoods?
      When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Never got to interview was knocked out before and it did not make sense. I had more experience and a Masters and not even a phone call. Whole Foods says that a "real person" reads the application/resume. Maybe they did not understand my resume? I'm over qualified - oh yes. But we all need employment. Disappointed after applying for 2 positions.

Interview Questions

• I was perfect in every way for what they wanted. Doesn't make sense unless internal hire was happening.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Interview

Very easy questions about how Whole Foods was different than other grocery stores, how you handle adversary, etc. Met with the Team Leader as well as the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you see around whole foods that is different than other grocery stores?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Takes a little while, group interview then individual interview. Everyone is very nice to speak with and they are looking for the best of the best. Team players, goal orientated individuals.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Burbank, CA).

Interview

First was a group interview at a hiring fair. They watch you as you interact with others. Then if they like you they have you come in for a more intimate 2 on 1 interview. I was offered a job on the spot

Seafood Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I didn't get an interview until I asked someone I knew for a referral. I had an in person interview with the team leader and then a shorter one with the store team leader.