Whole Foods Market Cashier/Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Cashier/Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a mini phone interview basically asking if i have proper commute and the basic knowledge i have about Whole Foods, and my previous work experience and availability. Then, we set a face-to-face interview appt. on a later date

The service desk knew what my name was and why I was there, and told me to wait for my interviewer to meet me. We started the interview 10 minutes early at a sitting area on the main floor of the store. Though it was loud at some times and there were several customers walking past us, the interview went well and they were friendly and quick with the paperwork.

I also had a brief interview with another team leader to verify my determination to become a team member. So overall, 2 people signed off on my interview paperwork.

The only thing I was confused about is if I was offered the job or not. The main interview had me sign and consent to a background check and handed me instructions as a "conditional team member" but didn't verbally announce my job offer. They just kinda said thank you and walked away.

Update: I've received the welcome email and am offered the job upon passing the background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you like food and understand the way food works?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very easy. First they asked me some questions for like 20min by phone and then they scheduled me for an interview in person. During the interview I was asked about my experience with customer service, what I consider good customer service is. It was like an hour of questions but more like a nice conversation. Later that day I was scheduled for another interview with the manager. I was asked to talk about the company, their values and what drives them to contribute for a better world. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem with a co-worker and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lancaster, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later I got a email from Whole Foods asking me to answer questions. After I sent the answers in I got an email asking if I wanted to do a phone interview. A couple days later I got a phone call for the phone interview. They asked my history and why I wanted to work there and a couple different questions. I then got a call to come in for a in person interview a couple days later. I had a interview with three team leaders. They all asked me different questions and a day later I was offered a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Newport News, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process all together from application to interview was about a month or so. I did a phone interview with a recruiter that took about twenty minutes to get the basic questions out of the way like, "why did you leave your last job?" or "tell me about a time that someone broke the rules and how you reacted." That part caught me off guard because I was not expecting all of that from a phone interview. 3 weeks after the phone interview I got an e-mail about group interviews. The day of the interview I walked into the hotel where it was being held and I realized this was not a GROUP interview, but a MASS interview. There were about 50+ people who applied and were there for the interview process. It was a 3 hour long session that consisted of applicant introductions (took about an hour), a group activity/presentation (10 min to prepare, 2 min to present, a total of about 45 minutes), and then interviews (20 minutes, 2 session, total of 40 minutes). The rest of the time we were being given information about the company, leaders, and then the store itself at the end. The volume was so high that I was getting cut off and was not given to opportunity to truly illustrated my experience and how I could be an asset to the team. Interviewers asked 1 question total and you were lucky if you got a word in because of the amount of people who were also trying to answer the question. There was no "go around the table and answer" type deal, it was a "speak freely" deal. I left feeling agitated and defeated knowing that I wasn't able to showcase myself as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Campbell, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a call within a day. I was interviewed three times. First by phone, a brief interview, the second time was in person a couple days later, another very brief interview (less than 5 minutes). The third interview was the longest that had the questions (easily an hour long)

Interview Questions

• What is something that a manager or any leadership figure has done for you, that you are grateful for, and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Minnetonka, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was a called a few days later. I was given a brief phone interview while my hair was getting done at a hair salon for prom (lol). The caller then asked me to come in for an interview during one of their job fairs. I checked in at the cafe and only had to wait a few minutes and was asked to sit at a table with three interviewers. The questions were fairly basic and easy. At the end, they told me they would call me in a few days to inform me of their decision. They called in about 2 days and told me I was hired. The paperwork took a few days and that was it.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about Whole Foods? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through Whole Foods Market's online application portal, received a phone interview the next day, asked to come in for in-person interview. Overall it was a very positive, easy, and laid-back interview with Team Leader and Store Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Whole Foods product   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was vey long. I had went through a referral screening which I had acquired by my job coordinator. I had one group interview with about ten other individuals, who were all trying to answer the same questions at once. At this point I assumed it was a test of personality and leadership skills; whether or not I knew when to speak my mind and showcase my personality or let others speak. There were three individual interviews thereafter which expanded over a period of two weeks. After this process, the team said they would run a background check on me which took two-three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for wholefoods market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview with about 10 other people in the room. they had us work in a groups by making a commercial for wholefoods. our group talked about how gmos are every important in the foods we eat.we also showed great customer service by showing a customer where a certain item was

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview for retail. The questions were pertaining to how well you work with customers and money handling abilities. The interview was pretty laid back, but professional. They are definitely looking for people with great customer service skills.