Whole Foods Market Food Preparation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.2

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

5 minute prescreening phone call, pretty basic. The man I spoke to was stern, but personable. I tried to make it as much of a conversation as possible. Since I am looking to relocate, he told me to come in person when I get there for an in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had a short interview with two assistant team leaders and the team leader and the next day I had an interview with the store leader and was offered the job that day

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Attended a large group interview. There was a long wait before i interviewed with team leader. They asked pretty easy questions and I was offered the position. It was all done in one day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about whole foods?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glen Mills, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief. Quick questions. Looking to see if my personality was a fit. The focus was more on me and who I was rather than on my experience working in a market setting.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The hiring interviewing process is 3 steps long, phone, in person with direct supervisor, then panel interview with store leader, and a few other people. Can take a while before you're offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What of you know about whole foods?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Asheville, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Both the application and interview process was straightforward until they sent me a blank email which they claimed contained a link to accept their offer. I was frustrated and didn't end up taking the job for other reasons, but that unresolved miscommunication was the only negative experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

it was fast, asked certain questions about my work history. was quick and start to the point. asked what she was looking for, whether it be if I had great availability or if I've ever prepared foods before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was contacted by phone a few days later for a preliminary interview with a lower level manager. After this, I was immediately contacted for a follow-up interview with the store manager. Both sessions were heavy on personality questions and hypotheticals, ie "How do you handle an unhappy customer?"

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a negative experience at work while maintaining customer service values?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2016.

Interview

The process starts with a phone screen where they ask why you want to work for whole foods and if your still interested in working for whole foods. Afterwards, you are invited to a group interview for the store.the group interview will consist of a large group of people, so if your nervous in front of groups, please take a deep breath and just be yourself. They want to see people that are friendly and interact well with others so as long you display those qualities, than you get invited back for one to one interview after the group interview. The group interview consist of you introducing yourself to a group, what position you desire, and why you want to work for whole foods. Afterwards, you are split into groups and you present a whole food product with a group and display the qualities of the product to get someone to buy it. My group interview actually started late, so it was a bit rushed and our group was huge as well. I was then invited to a one on one interview with a team leader and it was very laid back and the team leader was very nice and easy going. He asked about my experience and why I wanted to work for whole foods and he was straightforward and honest that attendance was a big factor at whole foods and it's about how much work you put in whole foods, not how long you been there, that determines how far you move up in the company. The starting wage seem predetermined by whole foods, so there was no room to negotiate, it was a take it or leave it type of offer and they told me that everyone starts out part time and you have to work your way up, to get at least 20 hours of work for part time and eventually full time hours, which was unfortunate since I was looking for full time but, I figured I could work myself up so I accepted the offer especially since the team leader seemed very positive about the wage going up quickly as soon as you show the team, what you can offer. I was asked to sign some forms and I was also told I would be receiving an official background check forms and work opportunity forms to fill out in my email. It seems once those documents are filled out and you pass than you can start. The background and consumer report seem very extensive for a retail job, so make sure you get a copy of all forms. I also didn't get the position I originally applied for, it all depends on which team was interested in you at the group interview and they then contact a leader to interview you. So, apparently the customer service team leader liked me and I was offered a position of a cashier instead of the prepared foods member that, I applied for originally at whole foods. Therefore, if your set for a position, please delegate your position clearly at the group interviews, when you go through them; I didn't have exact position in mind so I didn't mind the change but I'm certain others would that wanted a particular position in store, would be upset if they didn't get the position that they originally applied for in the online process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for whole foods?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that the position starts at this wage and the wage will be increased, since whole food is increasing wages, so I would see an increase in wage within a month.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

This was my second time interviewing with this store so the interview was very simple. I already talked to the Store Manager previously, we got along great. I sat down and waited for the team leads to come out. They were friendly and gave off good positive energy. It only took about 10 minutes to finish up the questions. They told me about the position and what they were looking for. Mostly a good personality and someone willing to learn. Then said I would be notified before 12pm if I got the job the next day, I was called 👍🏾. The hiring process is suppose to take up to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for whole foods?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the prepared foods department?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working with a knife? How about in an environment that can be hot/warm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job starts off at 11.