Whole Foods Market Grocery Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.3

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied and got an email back to attend a group interview. The group interview was very laid back and simple. They explained to us about Whole Foods values and the various positions we could work in. They told us about themselves and then everyone in the group interview had to introduce ourselves (Name, favorite food, position we would like to work, and why Whole Foods). Then they split us up in groups and did some group activities.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview went fairly well. I was asked simple questions and answered them with confidence. I plan to stay at this job for a good while. I wasn't asked difficult questions and they told me how much i would make and i loved the base rate. Whole Food interview is good and anyone with a good sense of confidence can ace it.

Grocery Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I received a phone call from the team manager about 1 month after submitting my resume online. He asked to schedule an interview and I was able to meet for an interview at the store a week later. I was interviewed by 3 people in the conference room. One was the manager I talked to over the phone and the other two were regular employees. It's a laid back process but don't show up in jeans and a t-shirt to the interview. Overall, they just wanted to get to know you and make sure you will do the work and get along with the rest of the employees.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Whole Foods product?
      What draws you to work for Whole Foods?
      What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2016.

Interview

Was emailed to come in for an interview, upon arrival I sat down for the interview and when we were finished, it was not for the job I applied. I was asked to come again on a separate day for the position I had applied. It happened a second time, and they asked if I wanted the other position. It wasn't a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lowell, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Group interview for new store opening up, then got a final interview was told I would hear back by the end of the week either way, never received an email offer or a thank you email.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Diego, CA).

Interview

2 ATL came in, interview me about myself, my work history, my work ethics. The next day, ASTL interview me, asked me about Whole Foods culture, how I could be useful

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (East Lansing, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later I received a phone call asking a few questions about myself (why I want to work at whole foods, a difficult situation with a customer, etc) and then he asked to set up an interview. I interviewed with them and they were super nice and laid back. I received a call the following day saying they were offering me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Edgewater, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Group Interview with over 20 candidates. Asked questions to individuals and had a section where a group of 4 would try to present and sell a product. When we were divided into separate groups, Different department leaders came to interview the group as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most important aspect for our customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brea, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a new store opening in my area and I received an email back for a group interview. The group interview was 30 people split amongst five tables with a recruiter at each table. The table interview was a basic introduction interview, why Whole Foods, what's your experience, etc. There was also a team activity and table activities of acting out customer recovery scenarios and applying job benefits to the Whole Foods' value system. Shortly after I received an email to come back for a one on one interview. It was a job fair set up, and I was given a brief interview by two Grocery Team Leaders. I was declined the position due to my lack of retail and grocery experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2015.

Interview

I got called in for an interview a week after I applied for the job online. I got interviewed by 2 people, a Team Member Service Lead(HR) and a Team Lead from grocery department. After the interview they told me to wait for their phone call. One day later they called me to setup for a second interview, this time I was interview by the Store Team Lead(Store Manager). Again, he told me to wait for the phone call. Two days later they called me to let me know that I got the job offer and all I needed was a background check and I'll be given a start day.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a team member isn't doing their job.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with unhappy customers/customers complaints.   Answer Question
    • What is Whole Foods Market? Tell me about this company.   Answer Question
    • How does a team work together to achieve a goal? What is important in a team.   Answer Question