Whole Foods Market Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.3

Seafood Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I didn't get an interview until I asked someone I knew for a referral. I had an in person interview with the team leader and then a shorter one with the store team leader.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The hiring interviewing process is 3 steps long, phone, in person with direct supervisor, then panel interview with store leader, and a few other people. Can take a while before you're offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What of you know about whole foods?   3 Answers

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview was difficult. A senior level management member questioned me about the company's values, reasons for founding, what sets them apart, etc. He was very respectful and definitely expected a thorough response. He asked me to clarify and elaborate a few times.

Interview Questions

• What sets Whole Foods apart from other grocery stores?   Answer Question

Specialty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview was great just waiting to hear back a yes or no from the company on whether or not i got the job.Overall the only bad thing is lack of communication after the interview.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

it was fast, asked certain questions about my work history. was quick and start to the point. asked what she was looking for, whether it be if I had great availability or if I've ever prepared foods before.

Interview Questions

• explain your work history?   1 Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Valencia, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed 2 days after application submission at wholefoods's market Valencia CA January 2017, it was a panel interview of 1 HR Rep and 2 Bakery Team Leads, they all seemed to get a long with me great and after the interview they told me they'd let me know the next day. I received a call 4 days later from one of the Team leads and in a very disrespectful tone she told me "Sorry for the inconvenience the position has been taken by someone more capable." And hung up, I didn't get to respond whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, in person informal intertiew. Then Final interview was a panel of 7 which included mutiple store team leaders. I was expected to reach out to panel prior to interview. I had to present a homework assignment given to me via email of a 30 day plan to hire staff in specific departments.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly follow up from the presentation and situational questions based on opportunities within the store.
      Behavioral based questions.
      Be expected to answer at least one question on the company's mission and values.
      Answer Question

Floral Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Oakland, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a hiring event, which was a day where they were interviewing and hiring lots of people on the same day. I had three interviews with three different employees in the span of about an hour. The questions started out pretty basic, like an informal chat, and then became more difficult over time. Definitely expect to explain WHY you want to work at Whole Foods specifically, and how their mission/values speak to you. There were also lots of "tell me about a time..." questions where you have to explain how you've handled things in the past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced poor customer service.   1 Answer

I declined because the floral department was already very low staffed, and they made it clear I'd be alone a lot, even while I was new. The pay they offered was $13/hr and the hours were primarily nights and weekends. For the pay and scheduling, I just wasn't interested.

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I received a phone interview. Was asked to come by the place the next day and had the interview with the team leader and a higher up. Later that night I was offered the job.

Venue Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was nervous at first but my Interviewer was very laid back and it was pretty casual. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and then I was told that I was hired and then went to the next room to start paperwork/background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer