Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   10 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I was told to show up at the store I applied to at 10 am. I got there early to show I'm very punctual. Most places appreciate you being EARLY over being on time. Running in the door at 9:58 am looks like you were almost late.

But I guess here they are laid back/don't care??? I got there 10 min early. And the lady was "Well yeah it's gonna be a 10 min wait." Ok? What would have been more professional would have been: I'll let them know you are here, thank you. You can wait right here. But instead she was judgmental....strange.

So finally the guy who is going to do the interview comes from behind me and shouts "ARE WE READY?" Something like that. I got scared. He looks around for me, the only people there are people who work there. So...if you told me to wait over the phone in a certain dept, and you see someone waiting there, would not logic tell you THAT is the person waiting for the interview!? Stranger still....

So I run up to catch these people, and say yes "I'm here for the interview." They seemed almost disappointed I showed up! They took me outside to the tables and seemed to not ask serious questions. Seemed like they were simply not in the mood to hire anyone. I was so excited! Working for amazon $15 an hour!

So they just asked me "Do you know what job you applied for?" Wow, how insulting! Do people just apply for whatever and they got tired of it? Don't take it out on me. I proudly said "Cashier." They corrected me "No you applied for _____dept." I even forgot what they said. I KNOW FOR A FACT I did not apply for that. Either their system made a mistake or they did, or they were just harassing me, or mental problems.....not sure. I even double checked my email I have ONLY EVER applied to work in GROCERIES OR AS A CASHIER!

So they asked me questions from a dept I DID NOT APPLY TO. So of course I had no idea how to answer them! I WOULD NEVER APPLY TO A JOB I WAS NOT QUALIFIED FOR DUH! And I ALWAYS RESEARCH FOR AN INTERVIEW! For god sakes I'm on this site! LOL! I answered pretty professionally considering THEY were SO UN-professional THIS WHOLE TIME. Then they took me showed me around the dept. I NEVER applied to work in. Unless they have an EXTREMELY loose definition of GROCERIES LOL! Then they said they'd let me know. I got the eff outta there GLAD I did not work there. I DON'T wanna work for you, and you know what I NEVER WANNA SHOP THERE AGAIN EITHER THANK YOU!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about your job history?   Answer Question
    • What would you say if someone wanted something for their joints?   Answer Question
    • What if a customer heard something on the news about some food and asked you about it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Waited in line for my sit down interview at the store location that was hiring. Standard interview questions and gave adequate answers. Never received an offer despite being qualified for the position and performing well during the interview.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

I had 3 phone screening interviews before I was asked to fly to Austin for the panel interview. Leading up to being asked to the panel interview, I had a pleasant experience with Whole Foods. The recruiter was prompt and informative.
     Before the panel interview, you are expected to have "due diligence" calls with all of the people on your panel. This is extremely inconvenient for people on the same time zone working a full time job. A lot of us can't just leave during the day to take 30 minute phone calls. They also give you a project to work on before the interview. The project is very time consuming and vague. Going into the interview I was put back by the amount of prep time they were asking candidates to spend compared to other corporations. (I figured they are a growing company and it might be worth it). They also only had 1 day on the schedule for an interview option which mean't I had to take 2 days off of work. Other corporations typically work with your schedule, if you are flying in from out of town. After my interview, I never heard back from the recruiter or anyone I interviewed with. I reached out multiple times but eventually I gave up after a month. I would not except this type of unprofessionalism from a major corporation. Especially, a company that paid money to fly you out for an in person interview.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

apply for team leader they called me to go to the store we last like 30 minutes talking I am a person with more than 11 years experience in retail grocery they told me that on Monday they would call me to arrange an interview with the other managers they are irresponsible they made me wasting time

they never called me at least to tell me their decision unprofessional ppl

Sanitation Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Englewood, CO) in June 2018.

Interview

We have some group activities, and they also ask me to filled some questions over the phone. The lady was getting frustrated because I couldn't find whatever website, so she was a little rude and hang up on me a few times. They also expected me to do all the paperwork for them.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2017.

Interview

Went to 214 3rd Street in Brooklyn @2pm was a group interview . How can you feel confident about this job. “group interview is garbage”. The person who was suppose to conduct the interview didn’t attend , so regular staff gave the interview. Ask to introduce ourself , after which we gave topic to elaborate on amongst the group then one person from the group gave a general response. It wasn’t a one on one interview ! End of get together she says oh wait for email. then later that evening come get this BS email! I look at this as a waste of time .

Hello all,

Thank you again for attending our group interview today. Unfortunately, hiring leadership has chosen other candidates for our available positions. We did have a limited number of positions available. We welcome you to apply again to any available positions in our New York City locations.

I guess they already had who they want for the job . People don’t have money for transportation to attend interviews when they are not working .

Market Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glendale, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through my personal email regarding the position, asking if I'd like to come in for an interview. I asked about the position further (schedules, pay, outlook, etc.). Two days later I was sent an email from their main outlet thanking me for my time during the interview I never received and that they've "decided to move forward with another candidate". This was a complete joke...

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

Ridiculous. Not able to ask questions, surrounded by a panel of about 10 people who bombard with questions. It is very one sided. Difficult to understand the parameters of the job as little information is given. I was allowed to email questions to various members in different departments, but most did not respond, or it was one short sentence- not much to work with. I was asked to create a presentation, which again was difficult with little information or specifics. I immediately realized I did not want the job as the interview progressed, and considered leaving, as this was not the type of company I wanted to work for. Its also a bit strange to be dressed in business professional attire, and have the panel wearing flip flops and mismatched t-shirts. I was very relieved when I left, and knew I did not get/nor want the job. Several hours later, I received a call from the hiring manager, informing me I did not get the job. I thanked him for his time and was ready to hang up, when he proceeded to tell me, point by point what was wrong with my interview, with a lot of conflicting information. (example "You seem too creative, that is detrimental'' then moments later stating ''We need someone with more creativity.'' Providing constructive feedback is one thing, verbally berating someone is another. After about 3 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore and simply hung up. Very unprofessional, very clueless. Stopped shopping at their stores.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect your daily tasks to be ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent application in online, got a call back a few days later and had an interview with the store manager which was one on one conversation. Got a call back the next day for a panel interview and to bring a 30/60/90 action plan. Worst experience of my life. The employees were cold and gave no emotion. Asked only questions that were negative about myself. They never even looked over my action plan. I knew I did bad in the interview - was completely caught off guard with their mannerisms, and extreme hypothetical questions. Got a call the next day stating the job went to someone more qualified... (I have a degree and 6 years of management experience) What can ya do?

Interview Questions

• What are your worst qualities?   Answer Question
    • What would your old manager say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an employee who is talking about you behind your back?   Answer Question
    • If we were to talk to your old co-workers what negative things would they say about you?   Answer Question

Associate Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview process. The Store Team Leader, Associate Store Team Leader, department Team Leader, head cutter, and a team member all surround you asking multiple questions. Could have regional coordinators or merchandisers on the panel as well. Must complete an "action plan" on what you want to accomplish and how if offered the position in a 30, 60, 90 day format. Will last 30min to over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer