Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Specialty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very intense... sort of intimidating, actually (however, this was 3 years ago, so the method might have changed.) They ask you a lot of questions, like hypothetical scenarios (name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, etc.) and then random questions like, "name 4 kinds of apples." When I originally interviewed, I heard back just a few days after, but the initial hiring process took forever.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Palm Desert, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel interview of a few different peers and team leaders. The panel is supposed to make the decision fare and consistent avoiding favoritism. Unfortunately the panel picked is usually to a favor of one person

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2017.

Interview

I'd read previously that sometimes WF does group interviews. Well the one I attended was like this. 30 people in a room doing team building exercises. This was actually fun. The other interviewees seemed like nice people. However, as this is going on I'm wondering to myself how they are going to decide who to call back for individual interviews. So I look around the room and notice the attending WF employees taking notes as the activities are going on. The company seems to want happy friendly people, however their own employees seemed a bit snooty and overly serious career minded type. There was one guy who seemed nice. But I didn't get the impression these were psychology experts who could observe people in a group setting and make an informed decision. I get the feeling they're looking for a certain type of "look" in a person. Whenever you interview, it's not just you getting interviewed for a job, but you also are interviewing the company to decide if they are a good fit for you. It's too soon to know if any of the people in my group will get a call back since the group exercise was just yesterday, but my takeaway is that the current employees doing the hiring are looking for workers who look the whole foods part (vegatarian, vegan, foodie), and won't be a threat to their aspirations to management. I'll probably blow this one off for a more genuine environment

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

There were other interviews going on during my interview so it was loud. Very nice people. Got hired, and had an orientation that was 7 hours too long. Just basic stuff you could read online in about 1-2 hours.

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to. Got asked to come to an in-person panel interview at the end of the phone interview and was given a design challenge.
    Everyone at the panel interview were nice and asked the typical job interview question along with some situational questions. Overall, it was a good experience but didn’t get an offer because of another candidate being the Graphic Artist at another location.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very positive I received a part-time position at wholefoods. filled out the application on indeed.com received a called the following week. had a face-to-face interview with several team leaders. Was offer the position the same day at my interview. Very excited because I did not have any source of income.

Interview Questions

• my past experiences as customer service associate.
      Yes, I work several years as a customer service agent. It has been a very rewarding experience as a customer service agent. I work retail as Cashier I had the opportunity to meeting a lot of interested people and developed skills I have not had before.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tempe, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was incredibly haphazard. Having eventually worked in management and seeing how interviews were conducted, it is all a farce. Whole Foods was not hiring for quality candidates as much as they were hiring for availability.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Which core value do you relate to the most? What is your favorite one of our products?   1 Answer

Store Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (White Plains, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Called a couple of weeks after putting in the application. Interviewed a week after that, hired the next day. They had me do a project going into the interview. I happened to be away at the time so they allowed me to video chat with them and make my presentation. They ultimately thought my project was successful and called me the day after the interview to offer the job. I thought the pay was low for how they were insinuating my deadlines would be strict and hectic, so we spent a day figuring out the right salary and I accepted when we met halfway.

Interview Questions

• How are you with multiple projects and strict deadlines?   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a couple months later a team leader acquired my resume from a department recruiter and i was sent an email asking for a phone interview. I had the phone interview a few days later then I was sent another email for an in person panel interview

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received an employee referral. Had a screening call with HR and another with a department team member. Process took two months.

The interview was a panel style with multiple team members and questions were in quick succession. The questions were not tough, but they are looking for the interviewee to elaborate on experience for almost every main attribute listed in the job description.

Tips for panel
    • Laid back demeanor. B type > A type personality in this setting
    • Know the core values and the details on one that you value
    • Confirm when you are done answering the question
    • Have some examples to job description points
    • While it may feel like a senate hearing, answer as if in a conversation
    • Ask interpersonal questions vs technical questions since it is supposed to be a conversation

In the end, my demeanor stifled me even and my qualifications were subordinate. It was my loss because they seemed like a great group to work with.