Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,357 Interview Reviews

2.5

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interesting and fresh, you get interviewed by 5 people from management. I got interviewed on 3 different instances, questions weren't too deep, but not too thorough either, they're very friendly, very open to diversity, but strict regarding timing and so on, they've made a culture out of working at Wholefoods, which I think is great. People there are very friendly and team oriented

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Wholefoods   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Never got to interview was knocked out before and it did not make sense. I had more experience and a Masters and not even a phone call. Whole Foods says that a "real person" reads the application/resume. Maybe they did not understand my resume? I'm over qualified - oh yes. But we all need employment. Disappointed after applying for 2 positions.

Interview Questions

• I was perfect in every way for what they wanted. Doesn't make sense unless internal hire was happening.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Unionville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Unionville, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

very casual and laid-back. it was like you knew them from the beginning as a friend. We stay down at the cafeteria area where customers were eating as well. there were two people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Whole foods>   1 Answer

PT-20 Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Davie, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews in the same day with TKs (basic questions about myself and why Whole Foods) and then I was called in the next week for paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do I shop at Whole Foods and what do I go there for?   1 Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick, Easy, Pretty basic, they asked me the expected question for an entry level sales position. I was interviewed by a team lead and a store lead and was hired on the spot

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was very uncomfortable experience. Felt like an interrogation. One of the interviewees refused to shake my hand before the interview. Made me feel like I didn't belong there. I could tell by their demeanor that staff had no intention of hiring me before I spoke a word. One person even left half way through.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly focused on my personality and what I would do in certain situations.   1 Answer

Bakery Assistant Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2017.

Interview

After a day or two from applying online to both the Piccadilly and High street Kensington branch, I got called up for a phone screening just asking general questions such as why you're interested in the job, if you have any relevant work experience, why I left my old job and similar questions which lasted around 10 minutes. I was then invited to an interview with the HR recruiter (same person as the phone screener) for a interview which lasted around half an hour, followed by another interview with the bakery team leader, the second interview asked similar questions as the first two rounds but was a bit more intimidating and more indepth with trying to figure out if you're right for the role.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at wholefoods specifically   Answer Question
    • working in the food business is one of the hardest sectors, what is your motivation to do this kind of job every day?   Answer Question
    • what would you say is your best skill/attribute that you can bring to wholefoods   Answer Question
    • what does customer service mean to you and what do you think is the most important thing about customer customer service   Answer Question
    • what is your desired pay and what was the pay at your last job   Answer Question
    • do you have any experience with making coffees and juices   Answer Question
    • recall a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Madison, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

First, an inexperienced supervisor interviews you with very cut and dry questions at a table. I can't remember her name because she's not worth remembering. After that, a guy named Zach, a higher ranking snob, will come and ask you more in-depth questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Rafael, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with the online submission of my cover letter and resume. From there, I was interviewed over the phone and then in-person. The in-person interview was conducted by my team leader and the store's team leader

Overnight Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

First received a pre-screening phone call from HR. Then got an email asking me in for an interview. Team leader and associate team leader interviewed me. Asked me standard interview questions and about keywords and what I knew about them such as gluten free, gmo, organic, omega 3 and so on.