Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,555 Interview Reviews

2.5

Overnight GM/Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New Orleans, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

I went to the job fair. I filled out applications online as the listing suggested and went in the day of the fair. After about an hour wait I was interviewed by someone on the panel. After learning I am comfortable working the overnight hours, she went and got the assistant grocery manager who conducted a seperate interview about 10 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• During this shift you will be left unsupervised in the store. How can you assure us you with complete your tasks without management being around?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

It was simply and I was asked about my previous experience for the position i applied for. They wanted to know how I would handle a difficult situation with an upset customer. They offered me a job. Im waiting to hear back to start orientation

Juice Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

It was an interview inside the store, as in we had the interview sitting near the coffee bar, while the woman that interviewed me having a notebook filled with notes.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a couple months later a team leader acquired my resume from a department recruiter and i was sent an email asking for a phone interview. I had the phone interview a few days later then I was sent another email for an in person panel interview

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Initially you get a screening through a phone call with some basic questions. If you do well you are brought to an interview in store. The questions are all pretty easy to answer as they are mostly behavioral questions as they try to see if you fit in to the culture there.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a co-worker not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Easy, applied online and had an interview panel. They try to make the interview process light and easy, more casual than most. There were a variety of team leaders as well as team members on the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between hospitality and customer service?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online on their website. There was a focus on email. They emailed back to me with a list of questions, I answered the questions, and then they emailed me to schedule my first interview. First interview was in the back offices where it was quiet, interviewer was very friendly, it was like a casual conversation. They emailed me about scheduling a second interview. The second interview was with two interviewers and we sat in the cafe area where it was quite noisy. I thought I did terribly in the second interview, but a day later I got a call and was offered the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

After applying online, I received a call to come in for an interview. The day of the interview I signed in and received a name tag and discovered it was a group interview. They started off by doing a presentation and telling us about the company. Then we each individually went up and introduced ourselves. After, they split us up into groups and had to act out 2 scenarios involving customer situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Panel interview with due diligence work required, along with presentation. First you go through a phone interview. Next you are sent an email regarding the next stage which is a panel interview mixed with counterparts, leadership from other departments, and sometimes store team members. You're given a project to complete and expected to speak with everyone on your panel, as well as, spend time in stores leading up to the interview. Response on whether you receive job is pretty quick for a company of this size (within a day or two)

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call to come in and do a group interview at 3:00. We were finally taken to a conference room at nearly 4. We were given name tags and had to go around the room and say if we were over the age of 18, our work history, what customer service means to us, and finally why we wanted to work at Whole Foods. Afterwards the team leaders told us about themselves and their positions. We were then split into two groups and given two different scenarios to see how we would handle them. Next, we filled out forms on our availability and shifts we could do. Make sure you bring your resume. We were told we would get called back to a second interview the same day or the next if we passed the first.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Scenario: You are ringing up a customer and the customer says the price is wrong. At the same time another customer comes to your register and needs help. How do you deal with this situation?   Answer Question
    • A woman brings back a turkey and says it was not good and ruined her thanksgiving. The turkey is cooked and half eaten. What do you do?   Answer Question