Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,295 Interview Reviews

2.5

Pastry/Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinsdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Hinsdale, IL).

Interview

Had a telephone short interview with the store ASTL (Asst Store Mgr) and an in-house interview in front of a store leadership. The questions were challenging, the reason I was up for the challenge is because of my experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if we were super busy and a customer needed a cake done in a crunch?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

I had to go to the guest service to sign a book everyday to show them I really wanted the job for like a week before they called me for an interview.

Overnight Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick and straight to the point. I had a group interview and then a month later one on one interviews that took no longer than about 10 mins

Interview Questions

• If you had a problem with a customer how would you handle it ?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Called, talked the job over and got an interview. When I arrived at the interview (on time) I sat for 20 minutes waiting for the team lead to show up. He never did, so I had to go back up and find out what was going on. He still didn't show up for another 10 minutes; so my interviewer was 30 mins late to our interview, imagine that. He asked me 3 very simple situational questions and said thanks for coming in. So overall the interview was about 5 minutes. Received an email a week later they decided not to fill the position. This experience really turned me off to whole foods.

Interview Questions

• If you had a delivery waiting at the back door and the phone rang at the same time, which would you handle first?   1 Answer

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was in-person and quick, on the spot. They obviously had a high need for people in the taco section, so I was sent there after a quick initial examination of my resume. I was relatively qualified already for the job, but it doesn't take much skill to serve a taco. Have a little bit of experience in the food industry before walking in, though, just so you know what you're getting into.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Wellington, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the Store Manager and felt very welcomed and relaxed. After I met with her briefly, I then met with the Bakery Manager and Assistant Manager. Both very friendly and made the process less stressful. I was also able to ask questions which helped identify areas of employment that I knew would be important to making a decision.

Interview Questions

• What was something I did in my previous employment that I was praised for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty easy. Very behavioral based and right off the bat you could tell everyone was nice. And it truly was an enjoyable place to work at. The way they take care of their workers is east to see and the perks you get as an employee are great as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

very brief. they ask if you know what organic is. ask how you handled a difficult customer. anyone with minimal interview experience will be fine. they were quick to respond after the interview. whole thing was about a week

Interview Questions

• what does organic mean to you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

interview process was quick and easy- during the group interview be sure to stand out with your answers because it's easy to be forgotten about because the groups are so big.

group interview, over 30 people and than on a different day, single interviews, they do background checks too.

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite food
      if you had a dinner party what would you make your guest
      why do you want to work here
      Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went into the whole foods near me and asked how can I apply a job here and they told me to go onto the website and apply from there. The next day I got a phone call from one of the supervisors and he asked me if I had time for a phone interview and it took about 15-18 minutes. He mostly asked me about what were the challenges that I've experienced and how did I overcome those challenges. I asked him a few questions like what were the difficult tasks working as a cashier and etc.

After the phone call he told me to come to the store in a couple of days, and when I got there, they made me sit and wait for a supervisor to interview me again. That lasted about 30-40 minutes. It was almost the same questions like the phone interview but this time it was longer. She had my resume and was looking through it and asking me what I want to do in the future and what goals do I have right now.

My advice to you guys are to just relax and pretend you're chatting with someone you know and just explaining what you got to offer for their company because that is what they want. Also, do some research about the company before having the interviews. But seriously, relax, it's not the end of the world if you don't get the job.