Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,383 Interview Reviews

2.5

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

It was very relaxed. I was asked about my willingness to perform certain tasks such as butchery etc. I was asked about previous kitchen experience and work ethic. I was asked about my knowledge of basic food handling and food safety procedures.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with raw meat?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a week later asking me to come in for a group interview.. I went to the group interview and I was the only one who showed up , so they interviewed me and asked slot of coustomer scenarios, after that interview was done they called the store manager in to give me a interview (a lot of scenarios) after that they told me they do everything through email so look out for it that was yesterday so I'm just waiting

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me s time you had a difficult situation with a coworker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an excellent, professional, well managed interview process and almost enjoyable. The interview knew what to ask and presented a very good image of the Whole Foods Market company.

Interview Questions

• How many people have I supervised previously?   1 Answer

Grocery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

The application process was done through their website, it wasn't difficult and did not take terribly long. From there, I was responded to by an HR member within hours with another questionnaire to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Are you applying to any other grocery chains/jobs.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with the supervisor of the team at one of the tables at the front of the store. We talked about my previous customer service experience and product knowledge.
    There seem to be some difficulty in defining a schedule going forward and the starting pay was lower than other opportunities in the area.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Orland Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview within threes day. Then had a face to face interview two days after. They asked tons of questions and generally seemed very interested and they were very pleasant

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods instead of the the other retails stores around here   Answer Question
    • What are you majoring in and what do you plan to do with those degrees   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 4/12. I received an email on 4/25 for a cashier position opening. In the email i was asked , if interested in the position, to answer three questions. After responding with answers, I immediately received an email asking me to come in for an in person interview. I set up my interview for 4/28. In my first interview I was asked the same 3 questions as well as a couple more. I was then set up for a second interview on 4/28 with the Store Manager. Meeting him he asked questions that were based on the type of person I am. I could sense that e wanted to keep a "straight face" but I could see I made him smile throughout the whole interview. He then said he would love to see me grow with the company and asked me to stick around to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the places I could of applied to, why Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever shopped at Whole Foods? What could you tell me is different from other grocery stores?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best candidate to add to our team?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Place, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (University Place, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back a week later. The person who first called me wasn't there so a different manager interviewed me over the phone. They asked a few basic questions about availability and why I wanted to work at Whole Foods. I don't have experience as a cashier or at a grocery store, so I'm sure that was part of not getting another interview.

PT-20 Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Davie, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews in the same day with TKs (basic questions about myself and why Whole Foods) and then I was called in the next week for paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do I shop at Whole Foods and what do I go there for?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from the recruiter for a group interview within 2 weeks. Group interview lasted about an hour, very simple. Quick introduction about self , then two group brainstorming assignments. After interview was over, received an email stating they would like to move forward and scheduled a final interview with the store manager 2 days later. Interviewed with the store manager and was hired on the spot after 30 mins.