Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,481 Interview Reviews

2.5

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Colleyville, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone call is made, firstly, in which the hiring manager asks about yourself and what your schedule looks like. Afterward they generally ask for a face to face interview, where I met with the face from the phone call. If those questions where answered satisfactory you will meet with the head manager of the store, and hopefully get a job offer.

Market Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glendale, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through my personal email regarding the position, asking if I'd like to come in for an interview. I asked about the position further (schedules, pay, outlook, etc.). Two days later I was sent an email from their main outlet thanking me for my time during the interview I never received and that they've "decided to move forward with another candidate". This was a complete joke...

Specialty Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy hiring process! I applied online and got called for an interview after like a week and a half. I interviewed with two team members from the department and one of them was the shift leader. It was laid back and comfortable with your basic interview questions like "why whole foods?" and "what can you bring to the team?" and i left feeling pretty good, told me id get a call the next day. I get home and get another call asking me to come in to peak to a store team leader and was offered the job same day after talking to her.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online around May 2017, was not contacted about the position until August 2017. 2 back to back phone screens scheduled with various associates (similar level to the position applied for). Invited to a panel interview the following week. Questions were very vague, more about my work / interpersonal "style" and how I deal with conflict, cross-functional relationships, and skills that would benefit the job - less about my direct job experience. Asked to provide a closing & opening statement. Everyone was very friendly and the team seemed awesome! I was job offered ~2 days later, however the salary was more than 20% below market value for the Austin area, and they would not come up from the initial offer whatsoever. What a shame, as I would have loved to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle ambiguity, for instance, if two directors were giving you input for a project that were completely different?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your communication style?   Answer Question

The salary was more than 20% below the market value for Austin for similar roles, and they refused to come up in salary or adjust any benefits to compensate. What a shame.

Store Systems Integrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lafayette, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a group interview. About 30+ of us in the room with all of the store leaders, two assistant store managers, and another from HR. That had each of us introduce ourselves and answer a couple of questions about ourselves, including what position we were interested in. After they explained mission, core values, etc, they had us spit in groups and present something relating to what they talked about. We did this about 3 times, and that was pretty much the whole thing.

The second part was a panel interview. It was highly recommended to me to talk with others in the store and other SSIs from other stores about the position and what was expected. I spoke with about 5 people before the interview. The panel interview was typical interview questions, but they liked the fact that I did due diligence and contacted others about the position.

Interview Questions

• How do plan to handle unexpected interruptions from customers or other employees?   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied and got an email back to attend a group interview. The group interview was very laid back and simple. They explained to us about Whole Foods values and the various positions we could work in. They told us about themselves and then everyone in the group interview had to introduce ourselves (Name, favorite food, position we would like to work, and why Whole Foods). Then they split us up in groups and did some group activities.

Front End Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

Interview

Phone interview followed by interview with Assistant Store Director and Store Director. Was then asked to return for an interview with a panel of 6 people. The panel interview was the most challenging because I am used to interviewing with 3 people at most.

Interview Questions

• How do I show employees appreciation?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick, casual and straightforward. Gave a gist of how things worked, like there are several departments to work for so expect to be flexible. Do research on their website and find out more about them.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dedham, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 3 to 4 weeks later. I got the call to come in to interview. We set up a date and did the interview on said date.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to leave your last job?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Simple enough: Two-part interview.

Part One: Telephone Interview
    They are just learning about how your soft skills, customer service skills, and knowledge of the company.

Part Two: In Person Store Interview
    Almost identical to the phone interview.