Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017
1,481 Interview Reviews

2.5

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

My initial interview with the company was at a job fair for a new location opening. It lasted a few hours, you went through 3 people and the last person either gave you an offer or declined. They gathered further info from you and set you up with a start date for training.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with both department team leaders and spoke with them for almost an hour. They were kind, easygoing and engaged. They were quick to get back to me. Meeting with the store ATL later that day was a different experience; he was less warm, much more fatigued and less open to flexibility. I felt a little coerced into taking the job at that time, but he said I had to decide then and there, so I wanted work and took the job. He left that particular store within a couple months.

Interview Questions

• Am I open to workplace camaraderie/ joking? This question was asked because the Team Leader was very insistent that the team was close-knit and sometimes, joked a bit too inappropriately together,   1 Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

5 minute prescreening phone call, pretty basic. The man I spoke to was stern, but personable. I tried to make it as much of a conversation as possible. Since I am looking to relocate, he told me to come in person when I get there for an in-person interview.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had a short interview with two assistant team leaders and the team leader and the next day I had an interview with the store leader and was offered the job that day

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview was very casual the asked me standard questions about my experience. My recommendation is to Google and YouTube the company so you go in knowing more about the company that you're applying to. It's a great place to work the people are very friendly.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Interview was very comfortable and friendly. Cultural setting is low key and very comforting.
    Interview was on time.
    Questions were basic interview questions however noticed that changed is coming quickly in that department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to escalate a situation on your job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Give top 3 character traits   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I applied online, called the department team leader to check the status of my application, and was offered an interview. I had an interview with a team leader and a buyer for the department. Then I came in a second time to meet with the store's team leader.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Two managers sat down with me to ask several interview questions. The entire process took about 20 minutes max. A few topics covered are standard affair; what do you like about the brand, what are you strengths, why are you interest, describe a time you resolved conflict with a co-worker, and what are you hinderances. The questions which I didn't anticipate were what foods do you like to eat, how would you handle a customer who didn't want to buy more products, and how would you upsale a purchase. All in all appear energetic, personable, capable of focusing, and ready to work in generally and specifically for the brand that is Whole Foods.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to resolve conflict with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by phone asking to schedule an interview, there was no phone screen for this location. I was interviewed in the café by two supervisors/managers. There were a lot of questions, more than I've experienced in the past for similar positions. It lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a customer's day.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond/superseded a supervisors expectations   Answer Question
    • Can you provide an example about a time you worked as part of a team?   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question