Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,517 Interview Reviews

2.5

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Brand new store opening and they are hiring ALOT of people. The HR lady called me and asked some basic questions like my availability, hours I would like, area I would like to work in, etc. After that she asked me to choose a day and time to come to group interview session.

The interview was held at another building since the store is still being built. There was 60 of use total and they divided us in half and the 30 of us went in a separate room where the store manager introduced himself and a couple of department managers. He talked about the store and described all of the positions and what the store would have( tap room). All of the managers and the HR lady came to a table and asked everyone what position they applied for and a little about ourselves as they were taking notes. We then had a group activity were each table had a scenario and we as a group had to figure out the best way to handle it. Once that was finished, the store manager called out some people's numbers and those people didn't make it to the 2nd interview and the rest of us immediately scheduled are next one.

When I came in for my 2nd interview, I met the bakery manager and she wanted me to tell her about myself, she went over my resume and liked that I worked at a bakery in a grocery setting and loved to bake. She went over the different positions in the bakery and asked me which do I prefer and asked if an early shift was ok. She offered the job on the spot and I accepted! I signed a few papers and she took me to another room where I signed a form for a background check and when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • A customer comes to you asking about gluten free. You tell him and he cuts you off saying you're wrong and he was told different by someone else. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Is starting work at 3 or 4am ok?   Answer Question

Meat/Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

Interview

I applied online after hearing that they were hiring through a third party job site. After about a week and a half I was told that I was selected to come in for a group interview and they gave me three different days each having three different times so I was able schedule around my other job to go in. The group interview lasted about two hours after explaining what the company was about and dividing you into groups and doing a customer service type of activity. The next day I got a call asking to come in for a one on one interview with the head people in the department that I was going to be working in. After going in for the one on one interview I was offered the job on the spot and just filled out the basic paper work. I am to go back in a few days to fill out the rest of the paper work and again next week for two days of orientation. M y first official day on the job won't be until mid September but I can't wait to try a new experience for a new company coming to town.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that can sometimes put you in a bad mood while on the job?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lynnwood, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The lady interviewing was very judgemental. Yes it's a organic healthy store, but she completely discriminated me for my weight. I do eat healthy and have a heart/thyroid condition that makes weight loss very hard. I am 210lbs. She looked at me with disgust and belittled me in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you exercise? Do you eat organic or know what that is?   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a day later asking if I could come in for an interview. First interview was with two people, they asked me about myself and what I thought I'd be doing if I was hired. It only lasted about 5 minutes and I thought they were dismissing me early because maybe I wasn't what they were looking for. I got another call a week later to set up a second interview. I met with the manager and we had a casual conversation before he asked me a few questions, once again this interview only lasting about 5 minutes, and then he told me I'd hear from them later that day. They called me about an hour later offering me the job.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then called the store to inquire about it and then received a call a couple of days later to come in for an interview. They do a little phone screen before the interview but it's pretty straight forward, after that they set up an in person interview. My first out of three interviews was with one manager and one supervisor who directly work with the front end cashiers and customer service. It was just normal questions like what you expect from the company, why WFM and just past situations and how you handled them. They had me come back the next day for my second interview with one of the general managers and another supervisor I believe, the questions were a lot more in depth and they really want to know a lot about you and how you handle/react to different situations. After that I interviewed with another manager I'm not sure what department she was in but she seemed high up. The third interview was very quick out of all the others one did just basically summarized everything and told me how the final interview process would be. After that they came back with an offer and I signed the paperwork and now just wait for them to gather more information about me and do my background check. Overall, the this is the most lengthy and extensive interview process I have ever done for an entry level position but the pay is good and so are the benefits for a PT position. The interviews lasted about 1-2 and half hours so be prepared.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Colleyville, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone call is made, firstly, in which the hiring manager asks about yourself and what your schedule looks like. Afterward they generally ask for a face to face interview, where I met with the face from the phone call. If those questions where answered satisfactory you will meet with the head manager of the store, and hopefully get a job offer.

Market Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glendale, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through my personal email regarding the position, asking if I'd like to come in for an interview. I asked about the position further (schedules, pay, outlook, etc.). Two days later I was sent an email from their main outlet thanking me for my time during the interview I never received and that they've "decided to move forward with another candidate". This was a complete joke...

Specialty Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy hiring process! I applied online and got called for an interview after like a week and a half. I interviewed with two team members from the department and one of them was the shift leader. It was laid back and comfortable with your basic interview questions like "why whole foods?" and "what can you bring to the team?" and i left feeling pretty good, told me id get a call the next day. I get home and get another call asking me to come in to peak to a store team leader and was offered the job same day after talking to her.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online around May 2017, was not contacted about the position until August 2017. 2 back to back phone screens scheduled with various associates (similar level to the position applied for). Invited to a panel interview the following week. Questions were very vague, more about my work / interpersonal "style" and how I deal with conflict, cross-functional relationships, and skills that would benefit the job - less about my direct job experience. Asked to provide a closing & opening statement. Everyone was very friendly and the team seemed awesome! I was job offered ~2 days later, however the salary was more than 20% below market value for the Austin area, and they would not come up from the initial offer whatsoever. What a shame, as I would have loved to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle ambiguity, for instance, if two directors were giving you input for a project that were completely different?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your communication style?   Answer Question

The salary was more than 20% below the market value for Austin for similar roles, and they refused to come up in salary or adjust any benefits to compensate. What a shame.

Store Systems Integrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lafayette, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a group interview. About 30+ of us in the room with all of the store leaders, two assistant store managers, and another from HR. That had each of us introduce ourselves and answer a couple of questions about ourselves, including what position we were interested in. After they explained mission, core values, etc, they had us spit in groups and present something relating to what they talked about. We did this about 3 times, and that was pretty much the whole thing.

The second part was a panel interview. It was highly recommended to me to talk with others in the store and other SSIs from other stores about the position and what was expected. I spoke with about 5 people before the interview. The panel interview was typical interview questions, but they liked the fact that I did due diligence and contacted others about the position.

Interview Questions

• How do plan to handle unexpected interruptions from customers or other employees?   Answer Question