Whole Foods Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017
1,335 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Super casual interview. First met with the high wrong manager who asked me about my resume and about myself. Then met with one of the lead associates who asked casual questions, truly trying to get to know who I am.

Interview Questions

• If I walk on to the floor, how will I be able to tell that you're on shift today?   1 Answer

Produce Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, asked to come into store for face to face. In store interview with produce leader followed by interview with store leader. Both interviews were professional yet laid back and conversational. Offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do your jobs skills and experiences translate to a place with whole foods market?   Answer Question
    • Example of great customer service recently experienced   Answer Question

Product Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2016.

Interview

I passed the initial phone interview with the hiring manager and was asked to come on-site to a panel interview with the team.

Unfortunately, my current employment had a production emergency which required me to travel internationally. I explained the situation to the hiring manager and HR, but was refused the on-site interview and refused the option of re-scheduling even after giving multiple options (Skype: where I would be awake in the middle of the night for the interview, other schedule times). This was by far the worst experience that I've ever had in interviewing, as the hiring manager was rude, abrupt, and inflexible. I interview candidates regularly, and we go out of our way to accommodate others' schedules, so why does Whole Foods have the arrogance to assume potential candidates will drop everything to interview with them?

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Alexandria, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick sit down interview in the cafe in the front of the store. The manager was extremely nice and was just asking me about my previous employers and if I would be a good addition to the team. They also asked me when I would be available considering I go to school 4/7 days of the week.

Interview Questions

• What is good hospitality?   Answer Question
    • What was one difficult thing you had to overcome in a work setting and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2016.

Interview

It was a huge group interview for a store opening. Lots of people watching us. A group of 30 people all had to stand up and say what position we were interested in & why we wanted to work for WF. We also had to make up skits.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 most important steps you would consider to be part of customer service?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Wonderfully helpful in being specific of what I should bring. Was interviewed by only the store director. Usually it is done by a panel process in other stores. After 30 days the "team" voted to keep me as a team member.

Interview Questions

• Do I enjoy working with customers   1 Answer
    • Do I shop at Whole Foods   1 Answer

Juice Bar Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lynnfield, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

One day after I applied online I was called and asked a few questions. I was then asked to come into the store for an interview and scheduled an interview for the following weekend. I came in and was interviewed at a table in the store by two people. I was asked a series of questions and was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you discovered a team member was lying about something?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call back the next day to set up an interview

Interviewed with the Team Leader, very casual and polite

Had an Immediate Second interview with the Store Manager and he was so rude that it drew attention from other people and I still think about it to this day...

Received offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Quick phone interview with general screening questions, followed by an in-person interview with store manager and department manager. Very friendly and responsive throughout the process, best advice is to relax and make friends. Position can be competitive, especially if you are an external applicant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What are WF's core values?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Both in person interviews were group interviews. The first was conducting with two team members then the second, with team leaders. I felt very comfortable interviewing, no out of the ordinary questions, and the interviewees were very knowledgable.