Whole Foods Market Marketing Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Marketing Team Leader Interview Questions

3.4

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I only had 2 phone screens. I applied online and got an email requesting for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. After what I thought were good phone interviews with a regional member and store manager, I was notified that they were not moving forward with me. =(

The discussions were fairly casual and the level of difficulty with their interview questions was average. Mostly asked about my work experience and background. Each conversation was only 30 minutes long. Even though I was disappointed I didn't get to have a face-to-face interview, I was glad they gave me an update within a week of the first phone call screen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a five-tier process that lasted a month. First, I applied online. After two weeks I received an email asking me to answer four questions. After that, I had an in person interview with the Store Team Leader. Next, the candidate pool was whittled down to 3 people who were asked to give a final presentation before a panel of 8.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name two local 501(c)(3) charities that our local Whole Foods could promote during its 5% Days and explain how they align with WF mission and core values.
      2. Create a one page marketing plan on how you would you promote Whole Foods Holiday Table.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

First, I had two phone interviews, then I met with Store Team Leader a few weeks later. Then you'll met with many STL and ATL and prepare a presentation for a panel interview with regional and STL. In order to meet with everyone, I had to make sure I planned it out and was very organized. Somedays after working my full time job, I would be in Whole Foods for three hours meeting with ATL & STL. This will take a lot of time and organization. The issue during my process is the interview kept getting pushed back due to management issues that was beyond control of the STL. Finally, a date was set months after my phone interview and two days prior to my interview, it was canceled. They then decided they would keep me informed on the process and never heard back from them. Later, I found out they combined the areas marketing team efforts to both local stores. It's was very frustrating spending hours, upon hours on this project and then not even getting the opportunity to present it. Don't get me wrong, I loved Whole Foods Market and believed in their concepts but after this experience it certainly changed my mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Henderson, NV).

Interview

Was emailed and told to come in for a meet and greet with 11 store leaders and regional marketing manager. Arrived and only met with two people. The interviewer (regional marketing manager) was chewing gum the whole time and seemed distracted. It was clear upon arrival that I wouldn't be offered a job just because of the set-up. I really did my research on this company and was invested the entire time but all they could focus on was me being new to the area. I clearly stated this on my application so calling me in for an interview was just a formality because HR requires them to have x amount of interviews each round. This interview makes me think less of whole foods and I am disappointed how they're mission statement did let align with their motives.

Application

Interview

I applied online and was contacted three week later and asked to come in for a panel interview. The panel consisted of 10 Team Leaders at the store. I was given each of their emails and encouraged to introduce myself. I reached out to each panel member and expressed my interest in working for Whole Foods. I walked the store with one of the panel members and was able to ask many questions that prepared me for my interview. I did my due diligence in researching the corporate culture and values.
    The interview was intense. There were no breaks for silence, each panel member was prepared with a question. Be prepared to discuss everything that Whole Foods encompasses from delicious food to local giving initiatives. The Marketing Team Leader has a hand in many aspects of the store, your strengths should reflect flexibility, positivity, and the ability to motivate others.

Interview Questions

• I was told to prepare a project of an event I would plan as Marketing Team Leader. I was at first perplexed and didn't know what kind of event the panel would be impressed by. I went with my first thought and it went over very well! Use this project as an opportunity to let you personality shine!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told at the end of my interview that I would hear from them within 24 hours. They called within that 24 hours and told me they needed more time, which I appreciate. I got a call 72 hours later and accepted the job. I was happy with my starting salary and did not feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first was okay..just a phone screening. The first interview was 1 on 1. The second time around (3rd step), I felt too many people were involved in the process. There were about 7-8 people in the room with me. I was asked to do a calendar project as part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with this community?   1 Answer

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

Interview

Was emailed to set up an initial interview. I emailed back, and they never confirmed the date / time. I went anyway, and the person I was supposed to meet wasn't there. Two others interviewed me. They showed me where I would be working. Basically a giant mess of a back office that looked like a storage room. You would think with the prices they charge, they could have proper offices.

Interview Questions

• They told me that the work environment wasn't great, and that employees fight and throw each other under the bus all the time. How did I feel about that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Torrance, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was panel style and all in one sitting. It included the store manager, assistant store manager, sign maker, a few team leaders, and two regional coordinators. They all had a chance to ask 2 to 3 questions. It was over one hour and super friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite core values and why   1 Answer

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Application

I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Interview

I was hired as an internal candidate, which they prefer over hiring external. The job process begins on sucessfactors as an online application. Once selected you'll be phone screened, then given a project pertinent to the current goals of WFM at the time (competitor opening, boosting basket size, increasing customer count, etc) and given a budget and a time frame. The interview is a panel interview, usually consisting of the Marketing team you'll eventually be running, the regional marketing coordinator, store team leader and store department leadership. They'll take turns asking you questions, and asking you about your project, vision, goals etc.

Be prepared to understand the company, the different departments, company values and programs, such as the Whole Planet Foundation, Whole Kids Foundation, etc.

Typical frame of interview:
    Opening statement / introductions
    Project
    Panel questions
    Closing statement

Interview Questions

• If you were the star of your own comic book, what is your superhero name and what would be your superpower?   Answer Question

Marketing Team Leader Interview

Interview

Must do "due diligence" which means talking to all existing marketing team leaders in your city. Interview is a panel interview consisting of 4 to 8 team members and store team leaders.

Interview Questions

• They will want to know if you have done your research on the community programs   Answer Question