Whole Foods Market Meat Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Meat Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.5

Meat Team Member Interview

Interview

Background check, regular hiring process of calls, interviews, etc. Applied online, got a call from the head of the department and given a brief phone interview. Then was told to come in for a sit down interview and was offered the job afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Greatest strength, weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Meat Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

After I had applied online I found myself at the meat counter at WFM shopping. I asked one of the team members if the position I applied to was still open. He responded that he did not know but that I could speak with the department manager. I waited a bit and spoke with him. It was a nice casual conversation. He gave me his email.

The next week I heard back from them and scheduled an interview. I spoke with the assistant manager for about 15 min and then waiting for about 10 min. Then I was called over to interview with the store manager. That was the most intense part of the interview. He was very friendly and asked questions mostly about how I would respond to customers and why I thought WFM was a good fit. I got offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I got was in response to one of the skill sets I listed on my resume. From the conversation and my resume he gathered that I claimed to be a really organized person. He asked me a "what would you do" style of question. He was very satisfied with a thorough response.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Weymouth, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (South Weymouth, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for a position in the kitchen, but by the time they responded to my application the only position still available was in the Meat department, I took the job expecting the meat room in Whole Foods to be exquisite just because the appearance of Whole Foods supermarkets is, but I guess a meat room is a meat room, you can't expect too much. I had three interviews, 1st with my TL, 2nd with the Store ATL, and 3rd with the Store TL. Not too high pressure of a job, a lot to take in at first if you've never worked in a supermarket.

Interview Questions

• This question always gets me: "What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for salary negotiation, opening a WFM in S. Weymouth is a tough sell , because the general attitude towards WFM is that it's too expensive, or designed for a 'yuppy' crowd, so they said $10/hr was the max they could pay.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

It was pretty standard. Three round process: first by phone, then with the team leader, then a head of the market. If you've ever had a three round interview before, it shouldn't be much different.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

i was interview by the Meat Team Leader and the Store Team Leader. The Meat Team leader asked me questions such as am i able to multitask, have any experience in meat, able to work on a cold department, am i able to work under pressure. The Team Leader then Comes in and the Meat Team Leader leaves and basically asks about the same questions. They both will ask why should they hire you.

Interview Questions

• Am i able to multitask and perform them quickly?   1 Answer

Meat Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

V CHILL. You got the job. Mozied around the store to meet the store manager, and the other employees. However, you have 30 days to prove yourself and then the team votes you in officially or fires you.

Interview Questions

• What do I like to do, why do I want to work at whole foods....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Met with the leader of the meat section and after about 5 min of talking he offered me the job. They just asked about my availability and why I chose whole foods. Make sure to ask them some fun questions and questions we want to know that answer to, like how they got into the job of cutting meats or their favorite cut

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was conducted of two separate interviews. First interview is with one of the store or assistant store leaders. Second was with the Team Leader of the department you were applying for. Both interviews were fairly simple and straight forward customer service and teamwork questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Denver, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Sat down with the Department Manager and Assistant Mgr, answered typical interview questions - Tell me about a time you provided exceptional service, etc, then interviewed with the store assistant manager. Offered job on the spot. Just talk about how passionate you are about great customer service and you'll be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

A phone interview then in person with the direct supervisor, once they approve you then you interview with the store managers. Overall pretty painless process. I applied through their website and heard back in probably 2 weeks and then the interviews all were in a week and I started a couple days after the last interview.