Whole Foods Market Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.6

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online on their website. There was a focus on email. They emailed back to me with a list of questions, I answered the questions, and then they emailed me to schedule my first interview. First interview was in the back offices where it was quiet, interviewer was very friendly, it was like a casual conversation. They emailed me about scheduling a second interview. The second interview was with two interviewers and we sat in the cafe area where it was quite noisy. I thought I did terribly in the second interview, but a day later I got a call and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call to come in and do a group interview at 3:00. We were finally taken to a conference room at nearly 4. We were given name tags and had to go around the room and say if we were over the age of 18, our work history, what customer service means to us, and finally why we wanted to work at Whole Foods. Afterwards the team leaders told us about themselves and their positions. We were then split into two groups and given two different scenarios to see how we would handle them. Next, we filled out forms on our availability and shifts we could do. Make sure you bring your resume. We were told we would get called back to a second interview the same day or the next if we passed the first.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   1 Answer
    • Scenario: You are ringing up a customer and the customer says the price is wrong. At the same time another customer comes to your register and needs help. How do you deal with this situation?   1 Answer
    • A woman brings back a turkey and says it was not good and ruined her thanksgiving. The turkey is cooked and half eaten. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Orland Park, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very casual, but took a while.I came in about 5 minutes before my interview and I was instructed to sit in the café area until the person who would interview me was freed up. Spoke with her for about 15-20 minutes and she decided that at that moment that I was a good fit for the job. But she wanted the shift leader on the floor to meet me first. I waited another 15 minutes until he was freed up to speak to me. We spoke for about 20 minutes discussing overall health issues and safety concerns Whole Foods Market takes very seriously. After that, he gave an approval to hire me on to the team as well.

Interview Questions

• What special dish can I make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Colleyville, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone call is made, firstly, in which the hiring manager asks about yourself and what your schedule looks like. Afterward they generally ask for a face to face interview, where I met with the face from the phone call. If those questions where answered satisfactory you will meet with the head manager of the store, and hopefully get a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Place, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (University Place, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back a week later. The person who first called me wasn't there so a different manager interviewed me over the phone. They asked a few basic questions about availability and why I wanted to work at Whole Foods. I don't have experience as a cashier or at a grocery store, so I'm sure that was part of not getting another interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process. First there was a short response section with about 4 questions. They are concerned less about prior experience and more about your personality and ability to work well with others and customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got emailed a few days later with the scheduled group interview time and date. I had to reply back to confirm I was attending.

The interview was not what I expected. I got there early and signed in at the customer service desk before being directed to go upstairs and wait by the salad bar for the interviewer to come get me. No one came after a few minutes so I went back downstairs to ask what happened. I was told to wait a little longer because the interviewer wanted to see if more people would show up. I saw another guy also waiting for the interviewer so I wondered if I was just being hypersensitive. It was like a half hour later that someone from customer service came to us and stated we weren't going to be interviewed and have to reapply.

I was confused by what he meant so he took me back downstairs to talk to his manager. But then it was seen on the sign in sheet that I hadn't been tardy (because when I signed in, I had to write down the time too) so I had to wait for a one on one interview.

The first interview was not so bad. Despite feeling nervous, I tried hard to answer the questions. It helped that the interviewer was friendly and nice. I even made her laugh a few times with my humor. Overall it was very casual. I didn't know there would possibly be a second interview after the first one. I guess I did well because she went to see if her manager was available to interview me.

What I was not expecting was that she would stay in the room as her manager grilled me with in-depth questions. I was nervous about being observed by more than one person and I admit I let my discomfort over this get the best of me, which is why I feel I flunked the second interview. I was both nervous and unprepared for some of the things he asked me so my answers were a bit all over the place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What would your supervisor at your current job say about you?   2 Answers
    • How would you deal with a long checkout line on a busy day?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Irving, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I was called over the phone after applying online and was told that it would be a group interview, however, when I got there, I was told to wait at first and the interview was one on one. It took less than half an hour. The interviewer sat across from me in a booth and he asked various questions. He wrote down notes on a sheet of notebook paper and told me near the end that I was a great candidate for the position except my classes conflicted with certain work hours so he said that he would pass my application on to another sector.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Which core values of Whole Foods Market is significant to you in your life or do you relate to the most?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult part about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to work with someone else.   Answer Question
    • How would you integrate yourself with the other crew members seeing as how we're all like one big family and see each other more often than we do our actual family members?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2011.

Interview

brief interview with team leader and ATL. got back to me right away after I applied. the interview was overall very pleasant and I was very excited to get the job.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite thing to cook? sell me this ______. what is a challenge that you faced? biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

A round table of 5+ of their Team Leaders and Assistant. Some asked questions and some don't. They just want to get to know who you are and why you think you are a good fit for them etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods Market?
      Recall a situation where you provide exceptional Customer Service or went above and beyond for a guest?
      What are your expectations in regard to salary/pay?   Answer Question