Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick questions to check for experience and whether or not I would be a "good fit" the team. Both the Team Leader and Assistant team leader sat and interviewed together. It was straight forward and the were extremely polite.

Interview Questions

• If I planned on pursuing a life long career in cooking.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Bellevue, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was part of a group interview and we watched a long slide-show about company values and had to write a skit and do fake customer interactions. It lasted about 2-3 hours. It's important to stand out and be personable even if you're applying for a BOH position like cooking or catering. After the long group interview you are interviewed one on one by various managers of different departments of Whole Foods. If one of them likes you they ask for your availability and call you in about 48 hours with an offer which they insist is not open to negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer that insists on breaking policy?   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Cook Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, met with a few people on the team and told them why i was worth hiring. Store manager wasn't present for the interview, just the team leads. They were very down to earth people, which made the process very comfortable.

Prepared Foods Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Pretty simple and all your standard questions. How do you define customer service, what's your favorite product in the store, etc etc etc. Pretty straight forward and easy. They were pretty quick to respond too.

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jericho, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online, they called me in for a group interview first. Then I had a one on one interview with the Team Leader of the department that I was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I went through 2 in person interviews. Both were very short and they asked me a questions from a sheet they were filling out. It felt more like a casual conversation that they were taking notes on.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

one on one for the first interview to start working for the company. Later interviewed for a different department at another store, where I was interviewed by two people(TL and ASTL)

Interview Questions

• What are your skills sets related to this job being offered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview and it was really long. Standing out is extremely important. You have to seem excited and sociable. They ask you a lot of hypothetical questions about specific scenarios. The answer is always "give the customer what they want".

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving an issue with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online for interview, get a call/email back and show up for the interview. After a long interview, they give the application to the manager to call back for a second interview. The first interview is a "screening-process" type thing.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to help increase customer service satisfaction, particularly when the customer was unhappy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cleveland, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume online when I applied for the prepared foods cook. About two days later I heard from someone telling me they are "very interested" in talking to me. I schedule the interview for a Tuesday.

When I get there I am met by two women. One woman says Hi I'm the one that called you then says tell the other woman something about yourself. As I'm telling the other woman my background the first woman that spoke to me is either texting or picking with her nails because she isn't interested in anything I had to say. It was EXTREMELY rude!

As I am telling them about my qualifications, the woman that isn't paying any attention to me says "So you didn't deal with any customers?" If she would have listened to me she would have heard me say I dealt with customers 100% of the time.

They are giving me the vibe that my qualifications don't meet what they are looking for and the woman continues with her head down either texting or playing with her nails. I shake their hands say goodbye and will never again try and work there.