Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

one on one for the first interview to start working for the company. Later interviewed for a different department at another store, where I was interviewed by two people(TL and ASTL)

Interview Questions

• What are your skills sets related to this job being offered?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Prepared Foods Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Pretty simple and all your standard questions. How do you define customer service, what's your favorite product in the store, etc etc etc. Pretty straight forward and easy. They were pretty quick to respond too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online for interview, get a call/email back and show up for the interview. After a long interview, they give the application to the manager to call back for a second interview. The first interview is a "screening-process" type thing.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to help increase customer service satisfaction, particularly when the customer was unhappy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jericho, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online, they called me in for a group interview first. Then I had a one on one interview with the Team Leader of the department that I was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview and it was really long. Standing out is extremely important. You have to seem excited and sociable. They ask you a lot of hypothetical questions about specific scenarios. The answer is always "give the customer what they want".

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving an issue with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick questions to check for experience and whether or not I would be a "good fit" the team. Both the Team Leader and Assistant team leader sat and interviewed together. It was straight forward and the were extremely polite.

Interview Questions

• If I planned on pursuing a life long career in cooking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Bellevue, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was part of a group interview and we watched a long slide-show about company values and had to write a skit and do fake customer interactions. It lasted about 2-3 hours. It's important to stand out and be personable even if you're applying for a BOH position like cooking or catering. After the long group interview you are interviewed one on one by various managers of different departments of Whole Foods. If one of them likes you they ask for your availability and call you in about 48 hours with an offer which they insist is not open to negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer that insists on breaking policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a team member of the hiring department, I then attended a panel interview of team leaders of the hiring department who after meeting with me advised I would be called back to meet with store leadership if I received their recommendation. Upon completion of the panel interview process I was contacted and met two days later with the store leader and two of the assistant store leaders individually

Interview Questions

• Associate Store Team Leader Mark Frost's question out of the, "Are you desperate to get this job?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Memphis, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

My initial communication to my interview date occurred within a 2 week process. The Prepared Foods chef called and left a voice mail on my cell phone with both his work and cell phone number. He was very flexible in setting the interview time. I only had one interview and was hired on the spot. I was interviewed by 5 people. It was mixture of the Store team leader, the Prepared Foods Chef, the Catering Liason, another supervisor over prepared foods, and an hourly cook. The interview lasted almost an hour and a half. I was given a brief tour of the facility. All the way down from the Store Leader to the hourly staff, each person I have met are sincerely some of the best people you will ever meet. There are truly good people that work for Whole Foods Market that truly care about each other and providing excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

• "If we were going to celebrate a special event what would you cook?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an hourly wage between $13-14 an hour. To anyone looking to work here know your worth! Do research of other restaurant cook positions. Especially if you have the education and prior work experience.

Prepared Foods Cook Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, met with a few people on the team and told them why i was worth hiring. Store manager wasn't present for the interview, just the team leads. They were very down to earth people, which made the process very comfortable.