Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.1

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Attended a large group interview. There was a long wait before i interviewed with team leader. They asked pretty easy questions and I was offered the position. It was all done in one day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about whole foods?
    Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The hiring interviewing process is 3 steps long, phone, in person with direct supervisor, then panel interview with store leader, and a few other people. Can take a while before you're offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What of you know about whole foods?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

it was fast, asked certain questions about my work history. was quick and start to the point. asked what she was looking for, whether it be if I had great availability or if I've ever prepared foods before.

Interview Questions

• explain your work history?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

This was my second time interviewing with this store so the interview was very simple. I already talked to the Store Manager previously, we got along great. I sat down and waited for the team leads to come out. They were friendly and gave off good positive energy. It only took about 10 minutes to finish up the questions. They told me about the position and what they were looking for. Mostly a good personality and someone willing to learn. Then said I would be notified before 12pm if I got the job the next day, I was called 👍🏾. The hiring process is suppose to take up to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for whole foods?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the prepared foods department?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working with a knife? How about in an environment that can be hot/warm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job starts off at 11.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later inviting me to a group interview. The group interview ran for about an hour. Applicants were split up into separate groups based on which department they were applying for. It was very laidback. The head recruiter began with an overview of the company and then we were asked to take turns within our group to speak about our background/experience and what our purpose would be working for WFM. This was followed by a quick group activity. Second round interviews were held a couple hours later. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary. You should be fine if you speak confidently and with honesty. I was offered a position on the spot along with many others!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are applying for an entry-level position, you will start at $11/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Talked about my resume and then they ask you questions to see if you will be a good fit. If you prepare to answer the questions they will throw at you, for example I looked at a list online to see what type of questions employers may ask. It can always help you prepare. Also come in confident and just be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tigard, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with an in-person follow-up. Since the weather was nice, the supervisor conducted our interview on the patio. The relaxing nature of the interview surprised me pleasantly and gave me a great first impression of working with the company. Typical questions followed and they made an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked questions about my cooking experience, including how long I've been cooking for, what I typically cook, and whether I like it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I met with a Team Leader of the Prepared Foods Department. We had a very friendly conversation about the job and my resume. After talking for a while, she gave me a tour of the place introducing me to other team member. Then after the tour, she told me that they would call me back.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had previous job experience in the food industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied a week ago online, provided a cover letter along with the resume

got called this monday to do a telephone interview had my in person interview today at 11 AM with department cook, lead ,and store leader. The first part of the interview was with the cook and lead, the pretty wanted to know about my experience with previous food service jobs i had in the past. Wanted to know about my school schedule etc. After that told me to sit out for a few minutes, came back in to speak to store lead, basically told me i was pre hired and the process would start once my background check results came back in. And to keep an eye on my email.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews with a most amazing woman by the name of Vandata. She was very welcoming. The interview was pretty straight forward. What can you bring to the company?

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Whole Foods? What will make you the best candidate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have room to grow. I accepted the offer because I know I can always move up in the company.