Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.2

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

5 minute prescreening phone call, pretty basic. The man I spoke to was stern, but personable. I tried to make it as much of a conversation as possible. Since I am looking to relocate, he told me to come in person when I get there for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had a short interview with two assistant team leaders and the team leader and the next day I had an interview with the store leader and was offered the job that day

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Attended a large group interview. There was a long wait before i interviewed with team leader. They asked pretty easy questions and I was offered the position. It was all done in one day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about whole foods?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Glen Mills, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief. Quick questions. Looking to see if my personality was a fit. The focus was more on me and who I was rather than on my experience working in a market setting.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The hiring interviewing process is 3 steps long, phone, in person with direct supervisor, then panel interview with store leader, and a few other people. Can take a while before you're offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What of you know about whole foods?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Asheville, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Both the application and interview process was straightforward until they sent me a blank email which they claimed contained a link to accept their offer. I was frustrated and didn't end up taking the job for other reasons, but that unresolved miscommunication was the only negative experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

it was fast, asked certain questions about my work history. was quick and start to the point. asked what she was looking for, whether it be if I had great availability or if I've ever prepared foods before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was contacted by phone a few days later for a preliminary interview with a lower level manager. After this, I was immediately contacted for a follow-up interview with the store manager. Both sessions were heavy on personality questions and hypotheticals, ie "How do you handle an unhappy customer?"

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a negative experience at work while maintaining customer service values?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

This was my second time interviewing with this store so the interview was very simple. I already talked to the Store Manager previously, we got along great. I sat down and waited for the team leads to come out. They were friendly and gave off good positive energy. It only took about 10 minutes to finish up the questions. They told me about the position and what they were looking for. Mostly a good personality and someone willing to learn. Then said I would be notified before 12pm if I got the job the next day, I was called 👍🏾. The hiring process is suppose to take up to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for whole foods?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the prepared foods department?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working with a knife? How about in an environment that can be hot/warm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job starts off at 11.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later inviting me to a group interview. The group interview ran for about an hour. Applicants were split up into separate groups based on which department they were applying for. It was very laidback. The head recruiter began with an overview of the company and then we were asked to take turns within our group to speak about our background/experience and what our purpose would be working for WFM. This was followed by a quick group activity. Second round interviews were held a couple hours later. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary. You should be fine if you speak confidently and with honesty. I was offered a position on the spot along with many others!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are applying for an entry-level position, you will start at $11/hr.