Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.2

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Brentwood, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was contacted by phone a few days later for a preliminary interview with a lower level manager. After this, I was immediately contacted for a follow-up interview with the store manager. Both sessions were heavy on personality questions and hypotheticals, ie "How do you handle an unhappy customer?"

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a negative experience at work while maintaining customer service values?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through two interviews, first with the team leader of the department, then with the store team leader. Was asked about job background, values, and also just talked to about what it means to work there.

Was given the green light by the team leader: he told me I was likely to get the job. They said they would give me a call. Two weeks pass, I call and they say they need more time and they will definitely call me. Another week or two and still nothing.

Then another week and finally decided to tell me that the position was not open anymore because department heads were changing and they would have to wait for that to change and settle and then start the interview process all over again in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was a bad experience you had with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Woburn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the job fair and sat down with the Team Leader and the Associate Team Leader, they asked me questions about my previous employment and how that would not only pertain to my present inquiry into Whole Foods but how that affected different situations in the past, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your prior work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boise, ID).

Interview

Was interviewed for a management position, which I did not qualify for. Was referred by interviewer to another department head, who promptly called me and offered me a job on the spot over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a case of food poisoning complaint from a customer, and the customer is being very angry and irrational towards you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was interviewing for a different position than the one I received. The job offer I received was immediate and not very negotiable. Base pay all around is 10 dollars an hour.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

5 minute prescreening phone call, pretty basic. The man I spoke to was stern, but personable. I tried to make it as much of a conversation as possible. Since I am looking to relocate, he told me to come in person when I get there for an in-person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Asheville, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Both the application and interview process was straightforward until they sent me a blank email which they claimed contained a link to accept their offer. I was frustrated and didn't end up taking the job for other reasons, but that unresolved miscommunication was the only negative experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Rafael, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with the online submission of my cover letter and resume. From there, I was interviewed over the phone and then in-person. The in-person interview was conducted by my team leader and the store's team leader

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The hiring interviewing process is 3 steps long, phone, in person with direct supervisor, then panel interview with store leader, and a few other people. Can take a while before you're offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What of you know about whole foods?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Providence, RI) in March 2014.

Interview

fairly straight forward, based on experience. it was mainly just talking about how you would benefit the team and what skills you have gained from earlier jobs that could be applied to this job.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tigard, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with an in-person follow-up. Since the weather was nice, the supervisor conducted our interview on the patio. The relaxing nature of the interview surprised me pleasantly and gave me a great first impression of working with the company. Typical questions followed and they made an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked questions about my cooking experience, including how long I've been cooking for, what I typically cook, and whether I like it.   1 Answer