Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview was at a job fair. There were 3 people interviewing me: 1 asking interview questions, 1 asking about previous experience, and one asking about scheduling and availability. It was rather short- maybe 10 minutes. Afterward, I was directed to go to another office to fill out paperwork and schedule for orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy cooking/What do you like to cook?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time in your past job where you had to resolve an issue with a co-worker.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time in your past job when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

total of 2 interviews. received an email requesting a 1st interview which took place a week later. Met with the prepared foods team leader and was asked "Why do you want to work for Whole Foods"? Interview went well and was told i would be notified in about 5 days to come in for another interview with the Store Team Leader (store manager). i was notified 4 days later and met with the STL and was asked about 20 questions mainly customer service related. Was notified that same day by email with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• name a store or company that provides great customer service in your opinion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pinecrest, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Pinecrest, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was super easy and laid back. They asked common sense questions and made it feel more like a conversation than an interview. When it was over I recieved a phone call 3 hours later saying I had recieved the job.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Everyone I talked to was great, from the TL in prepared foods to the HR manager to the TMs in prepared foods. Received phone call 2 days after applying, had short phone interview then went in for face to face interview. Chit chatted a bit and some questions about my food/grocery experience. I had done my research beforehand and had a good idea of the values and ideas of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be confident in your answers and DO YOUR RESEARCH on the values of the company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Newport Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good. I sat with the team leader and the assistant team leader. Asked me fairly simple questions. They were very friendly and not intimidating at all. After the interview, they said they will call me in a couple of days to inform me if I got the job. They informed me through email I didn't get the job. I was bummed because i prepared through Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Why whole foods? Have you cooked before? What would you cook for me? How would you handle pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different supervisors, and was hired on the spot. From what I heard from other employees and from what I read online, it doesn't usually happen that way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at WFM?
      What is your favorite product?
      How do you practice food safety?
      How would you deal with a difficult customer?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Wellesley, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. Past experiences, what do you like/not like in a workplace. Tell us something that annoys you. It was relaxed the manager was nice. Got the job offer on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX).

Interview

From what I can remember (as it has been a few years since)... It was REALLY hard to get an interview. No matter how many people you knew in the store. Once I got the interview - I moved on the same day to the second and then the third at another time.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
      Tell us about your worst customer experience and how you handled it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (East Orange, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was Super easy being as tho I was over prepared Thanks to glass door☺️ I got a call from Whole Foods asking to tell a little about myself...Then was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview Thank god cause I've tried whole foods years ago with group interviews And they are pretty tough! But anyway I got to my interview 1hr early I was interviewed immediately...There was a Women that called me & The Prepared foods Team Leader They introduced them selves they made me feel comfy asked me about my self & What made me choose whole foods They were mainly concerned with my Availability For the most part Make sure you have a open Availability Then they asked me to wait back in the waiting area I waited for 40 mins Before I had an 2nd Interview with the Store manager He Was really nice & cool then Asked a couple questions More of the Interview Kinda questions & Do I have any Scheduled Vacations Asked Dates & All... Then asked if I wanted to work With Them I Said yes He said well Congratulations We like to Offer U the Job & I signed On the Dotted Lines 🙌🏾 they said wait 2 days for my background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.
    Be yourself have open availability & know some knowledge of whole foods like "Whole Foods Is a 14 Yr Veteran Of The Best Companies To Work For List They Are At The Top 100 Every Yr" See I gave yall a hint😉 Good Luck

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two ladies in chef uniforms that interviewed me in the cafeteria. They were both very kind and didn't try to intimidate me. The position applied for was part time and they said it would be around 25 per week. I said it was perfect. After the questions they said they'd be right back and then after they came back they offered me the position and was hired on the spot. Smile a lot, make eye contact, and be yourself. I wore professional attire (button up shirt and dress pants, low high heels). I met a few people on the way upstairs to start paperwork and they were all really nice and welcoming! I'm so excited to start.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

$11/hr