Whole Foods Market Prepared Foods Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.1

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

This was my second time interviewing with this store so the interview was very simple. I already talked to the Store Manager previously, we got along great. I sat down and waited for the team leads to come out. They were friendly and gave off good positive energy. It only took about 10 minutes to finish up the questions. They told me about the position and what they were looking for. Mostly a good personality and someone willing to learn. Then said I would be notified before 12pm if I got the job the next day, I was called 👍🏾. The hiring process is suppose to take up to 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for whole foods?   1 Answer
  • What do you know about the prepared foods department?   1 Answer
  • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable working with a knife? How about in an environment that can be hot/warm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job starts off at 11.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later inviting me to a group interview. The group interview ran for about an hour. Applicants were split up into separate groups based on which department they were applying for. It was very laidback. The head recruiter began with an overview of the company and then we were asked to take turns within our group to speak about our background/experience and what our purpose would be working for WFM. This was followed by a quick group activity. Second round interviews were held a couple hours later. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary. You should be fine if you speak confidently and with honesty. I was offered a position on the spot along with many others!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are applying for an entry-level position, you will start at $11/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Talked about my resume and then they ask you questions to see if you will be a good fit. If you prepare to answer the questions they will throw at you, for example I looked at a list online to see what type of questions employers may ask. It can always help you prepare. Also come in confident and just be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tigard, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with an in-person follow-up. Since the weather was nice, the supervisor conducted our interview on the patio. The relaxing nature of the interview surprised me pleasantly and gave me a great first impression of working with the company. Typical questions followed and they made an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked questions about my cooking experience, including how long I've been cooking for, what I typically cook, and whether I like it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I met with a Team Leader of the Prepared Foods Department. We had a very friendly conversation about the job and my resume. After talking for a while, she gave me a tour of the place introducing me to other team member. Then after the tour, she told me that they would call me back.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had previous job experience in the food industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied a week ago online, provided a cover letter along with the resume

got called this monday to do a telephone interview had my in person interview today at 11 AM with department cook, lead ,and store leader. The first part of the interview was with the cook and lead, the pretty wanted to know about my experience with previous food service jobs i had in the past. Wanted to know about my school schedule etc. After that told me to sit out for a few minutes, came back in to speak to store lead, basically told me i was pre hired and the process would start once my background check results came back in. And to keep an eye on my email.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews with a most amazing woman by the name of Vandata. She was very welcoming. The interview was pretty straight forward. What can you bring to the company?

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Whole Foods? What will make you the best candidate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have room to grow. I accepted the offer because I know I can always move up in the company.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (East Lansing, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

This interview was for a new store opening. I filled out an online application, received a phone call about a week later and had an impromptu interview during which time I was asked to tell my interviewer about myself and explain why I wanted the job. During the end of the phone call I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 4 managers at the end of which I was told I passed that interview and was then interviewed briefly by the manager of the
    department I was selected for, prepared foods. During the interview everyone was friendly and relaxed. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did I organize prepared foods to ensure freshness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Took place in the public eating area up front, two people interviewed me. Was asked some generic questions, i.e. why do you want to work here? Why leave your current position? etc.

Interview Questions

• How have you gone above and beyond for a customer at your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview was at a job fair. There were 3 people interviewing me: 1 asking interview questions, 1 asking about previous experience, and one asking about scheduling and availability. It was rather short- maybe 10 minutes. Afterward, I was directed to go to another office to fill out paperwork and schedule for orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy cooking/What do you like to cook?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in your past job where you had to resolve an issue with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in your past job when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question