Whole Foods Market Produce Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.5

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interesting and fresh, you get interviewed by 5 people from management. I got interviewed on 3 different instances, questions weren't too deep, but not too thorough either, they're very friendly, very open to diversity, but strict regarding timing and so on, they've made a culture out of working at Wholefoods, which I think is great. People there are very friendly and team oriented

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Wholefoods   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I received a phone interview. Was asked to come by the place the next day and had the interview with the team leader and a higher up. Later that night I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, asked to come into store for face to face. In store interview with produce leader followed by interview with store leader. Both interviews were professional yet laid back and conversational. Offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do your jobs skills and experiences translate to a place with whole foods market?   Answer Question
    • Example of great customer service recently experienced   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a three part interview . One person asked basic questions and then the second interview was with the team lead for the department. If you pass that interview then you move on to a few questions with the main store manager . You know you have it if you get to the third interview .

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online Monday, received a call on Saturday, and got an interview set up for the following Tuesday. The interview took an hour and a half and I had to speak with 4 different people and repeatedly answer the same questions. The end of the interview was a little unclear and I was unsure when the offer had been made or when I had accepted, but it was clear by the end that the interviewer believed that an offer had been made and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to stand up for something you believed was right:   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer:   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to be flexible and come up with an idea in the spur of the moment:   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

3 month process. Very slow to respond in a timely manner and not very detail driven results. 2 phone interviews and one in person interview, 2 people and then with ASTL to follow. Be prepared to wait an hour or two day of your scheduled interview time. They purposely make you wait and disregard ones time. There is a lot of paperwork to sign and they use a lot of wording to be misleading so read everything carefully. If you can get in writing what they are selling you because it will be needed if you accept any position.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about work ethics and customer service experience in different examples must be answered in detail. They expect you to know in depth about Organics from start to finish and to site specifics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Group interview with two other people. He asked us a question and then we would each respond with our answer. Typical interview questions such as strengths and weaknesses, goals, skills, previous work experience. Not too tough if you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was really comfortable and not as intimidating as I thought it would be. The management team is very laid back so it made answering question a lot easier and I didn't feel like I could say anything wrong. Aside from my experience, they wanted to know who I was as a person to be sure that I would fit in well with my team and my store.

Interview Questions

• What type of work I did in the the previous grocery stores that I had worked at and wanted to know if I was compatible with the work I would be doing at their store.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Evanston, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and received a phone call within a couple days. I came in for a interview within the week and was hired. It took about 2 weeks maximum from the time I applied to my first day of work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Really easy and fun interview. The two store leaders made it feel like I was sitting down with a couple of friends. It was the most comfortable interview I have ever been apart of.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with identifying different fruits and vegetables?   Answer Question