Whole Foods Market Seafood Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Seafood Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.3

Seafood Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I didn't get an interview until I asked someone I knew for a referral. I had an in person interview with the team leader and then a shorter one with the store team leader.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Arlington, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy and quick. Very welcoming and nice. They took me into the seafood team office. Dress business casual. Make sure you have that upbeat whole foods welcoming attitude and act like you are a part of the congregation of WFM. We did a quick tour of the store and they explained a little bit of what each area is. Asked if i shopped there before and if I noticed any new changes(which I did not). Asked if I was okay with being around fish and smelly items(did not mind, added a quip about activities that I do that are a bit smelly). Oh and brush up on some recipes for your defined 'food' as they might ask you for some suggestions.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lafayette, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Job Fair in which they split the crowd into groups for one on one mini-interviews in which we were asked our goals, experiences, and which department we were interested in joining. After initial one on one meeting they gave golden tickets to individuals selected for an additional interview with the various department team leaders and then the decisions were made on whether or not you were hired.

Interview Questions

• Why I decided on the Seafood Department when I have no experience in that area despite having worked in retail foods before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they stated the pay $10.00 an hour, which is the lowest of any reported Whole Foods Seafood Team Member in the USA

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lafayette, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

was sent a invite to the job fair they where having. stood in long line. then sat in a room with lots of others. filled out form selecting top 3 departments to work in. Waited to be called back for interview. had to interview with 3 different people.

Seafood Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview, Team Leader interview, and store manager interview.
    When interviewed I was asked my past experience in the seafood industry and how I would be able to help in the promotion of the Whole Foods culture. Being interviewed in the team leader in Colorado I really could have said anything even though I had a strong history and a great mentor in the meat and seafood industry. He in my opinion seemed to be on something, and everything I said he nodded and talked in broken sentences.

Interview Questions

• asked what kind of fuel I used in my vehicle   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Made 2 dollars less than my last seafood job. Management was not open to negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Kildeer, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Kildeer, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I sat down with a store manager and the department team leader. I was asked several questions about myself, my past jobs, skills and so on. The manager seemed like he was trying to put on a stern face, but the seafood team leader seemed nice. It was mostly straight forward, and we discussed the job. Then i was hired.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest pet peeve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Application done online. You usually get a rejection email within a couple weeks for each position you apply for if they don't want you. I think this is a nice touch so you are not left wondering like with a lot of companies where they just never call you back. I got a call to schedule an interview within the next couple of days. Interview was pretty relaxed, one on one with the department head. If you do well there, they schedule the next interview with a store manager. Make sure to go on their website and read about their Mission and Values, and about whichever department you are trying to work in. If you pass the second interview, you get a call and a couple of emails to start the background investigation process. That can take a couple of weeks, and then you can start talking about your start date

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what kind of compensation I was looking for. I said at least $10/hr because I had done my homework on glassdoor. They just said ok and moved on to the next question. I guess I could have tried asking for $11/hr, but I thought it might be pushing it since I didn't have any experience working in a grocery store.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

One interview with STL. It was easy since I had worked there before. Lasted about 25 mins. Very casual. Go to wholefoods.com and select career's. From there you'll be able to find and apply for any job at whole foods that you may be interested in. If your application meets the specific requirements of the job, then someone will contact you to come in for a screening. And if you pass that you'll be well on your way to a job at Whole Foods. Just ask Whole Food's Market if they think 8 out of 10 of their employee's are quiting do to the "nature of the environment." Especially when you consider the feedback of exit interviews taken from those you have left WFM. Whole Foods is not your typical establishment. Anyone who has worked there knows that. 80 percent is not average. That percentage includes, corporate, leadership, and TM. I work in Leadship, and feel as do my other leadship brothers and sisters do, that we {whole foods market} can do better to ensure the happiness, and success of our team members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Metairie, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was very determined to work for whole foods, where I was in a bad spot with my current working job, and after I had done my research and realized what a great company wfs' was to work for.
    I applied, applied, and I applied some more.
    I took the time to go into the store to introduce myself to every manager in the departments I ahd applied in.
    My first application was for a management position in the seafood department, although I had no management experience.
    I introduced myself to the manager he asked me a few questions, asked me to wait so he could look up my application, said he would look over it and give me a call,
    I re-checked my application online, and it stated the status of my application was "pursuing other candidates, but encouraged to apply for other jobs,"
    So, I did, and I recieved an interview on a saturday in the grocery department,
    after my 30 minute interview of basic questions, "schedule restrictions, what does organic mean to you, etc" The interview was concluded with, "I have a lot of people to interview, if you do not hear from me in a week, feel free to give me a call to check the status, I am very busy and can sometimes forget." I did some shopping afterwards and took the time to touch base with more managers in departments I had applied, I also went to touch base with the Seafood Manager to thank him for his words of encouragement, even though he had not chosen to hire me. He wished me luck and told me to let him know how it goes, The following Thursday (the day before I had planned to call the grocery manager to check about the job) I recieved a call from the seafood manager, asking if I had heard back from anyone, and that if not, he had a position that just opened up and he would really like to have me in his department if someone else had not snatched me up yet.
    I was THRILLED!
    I went in for an "interview" with him, he showed me around the department, gave me the "low-down" of what a day of work there would be like, and asked me if I had any issues with the bare-neccesities I would need to work there.
    He offered me the position, full-time, and that was just last week,
    I am currently awaiting my backround screening to clear and schedule my "day 1" training class.
    I cannot wait to start my career with whole foods, and leave behind my junk of a job I have now,
    PERSISTENCE REALLY DOES PAY OFF!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negoatiation, I was more than thrilled with the offer with it being almost 3$ more than what I am currently making..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Torrance, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met with the head of the seafood department. He was friendly and had a list of questions in front of him to ask me. It was a basic interview that lasted maybe ten minutes, mostly consisting of him asking about my prior work experience, availability, and transportation situation. He asked why I wanted to work there and if I could handle cleaning up gross seafood messes. Our interview went very well but he called later to say he chose someone who already had seafood experience, something he was really wanting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Can you recall a difficult situation you had with a customer, and how you handled it?   Answer Question