Whole Foods Market Seafood Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Seafood Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fairfax, VA) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up an interview after applying online the week before. I was given the choice of a few dates and times I could interview. The interview was a week later with a panel of 3. It was held in a relaxed setting, just as if we were having lunch together in their store. When you think of interviewing in front of a panel, you think it would be intimidating, but they we all very friendly and patient listeners.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Campbell, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out online questions, attached resume. Received a phone call few days later, came in for an interview about 3 days later. They seemed to like the answers I gave and they offered me the job the same day

Interview Questions

• What is a beneficial quality you could bring to Whole Woods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Group Interview. Sat at various tables to meet with team leaders and discuss what positions they had open and what each department is like. All participated in a skit to "break the ice" and make the event more friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

One interview with STL. It was easy since I had worked there before. Lasted about 25 mins. Very casual. Go to wholefoods.com and select career's. From there you'll be able to find and apply for any job at whole foods that you may be interested in. If your application meets the specific requirements of the job, then someone will contact you to come in for a screening. And if you pass that you'll be well on your way to a job at Whole Foods. Just ask Whole Food's Market if they think 8 out of 10 of their employee's are quiting do to the "nature of the environment." Especially when you consider the feedback of exit interviews taken from those you have left WFM. Whole Foods is not your typical establishment. Anyone who has worked there knows that. 80 percent is not average. That percentage includes, corporate, leadership, and TM. I work in Leadship, and feel as do my other leadship brothers and sisters do, that we {whole foods market} can do better to ensure the happiness, and success of our team members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Seafood Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I didn't get an interview until I asked someone I knew for a referral. I had an in person interview with the team leader and then a shorter one with the store team leader.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lafayette, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

was sent a invite to the job fair they where having. stood in long line. then sat in a room with lots of others. filled out form selecting top 3 departments to work in. Waited to be called back for interview. had to interview with 3 different people.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Internal application from one department to another. The interview was quick and simple. Just making sure that the core values of the company are known.

Interview Questions

• How well is your knowledge of the products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to get my 3 year raise but the paperwork from the previous raise last year was lost so I'm still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Torrance, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met with the head of the seafood department. He was friendly and had a list of questions in front of him to ask me. It was a basic interview that lasted maybe ten minutes, mostly consisting of him asking about my prior work experience, availability, and transportation situation. He asked why I wanted to work there and if I could handle cleaning up gross seafood messes. Our interview went very well but he called later to say he chose someone who already had seafood experience, something he was really wanting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?   Answer Question
    • Can you recall a difficult situation you had with a customer, and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cranston, RI) in February 2012.

Interview

Very informal, interviewed in the eating section of the store by the department supervisor. I wouuld suggest if you are applying for an entry level position that you may want to leave out advanced degrees (e.g. master's or phD) as I felt like my master's degree was not an advantage when applying for this position. Even if you don't think you need it be sure to bring a couple of printed copies of your resume. Be passionate about how your values align with the Whole Foods culture and emphasize your experience with customer service. Be prepared to answer a question about how you would handle a dissatisfied customer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods?   1 Answer
    • You have an advanced degree why do you want to work at Whole Foods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Metairie, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was very determined to work for whole foods, where I was in a bad spot with my current working job, and after I had done my research and realized what a great company wfs' was to work for.
    I applied, applied, and I applied some more.
    I took the time to go into the store to introduce myself to every manager in the departments I ahd applied in.
    My first application was for a management position in the seafood department, although I had no management experience.
    I introduced myself to the manager he asked me a few questions, asked me to wait so he could look up my application, said he would look over it and give me a call,
    I re-checked my application online, and it stated the status of my application was "pursuing other candidates, but encouraged to apply for other jobs,"
    So, I did, and I recieved an interview on a saturday in the grocery department,
    after my 30 minute interview of basic questions, "schedule restrictions, what does organic mean to you, etc" The interview was concluded with, "I have a lot of people to interview, if you do not hear from me in a week, feel free to give me a call to check the status, I am very busy and can sometimes forget." I did some shopping afterwards and took the time to touch base with more managers in departments I had applied, I also went to touch base with the Seafood Manager to thank him for his words of encouragement, even though he had not chosen to hire me. He wished me luck and told me to let him know how it goes, The following Thursday (the day before I had planned to call the grocery manager to check about the job) I recieved a call from the seafood manager, asking if I had heard back from anyone, and that if not, he had a position that just opened up and he would really like to have me in his department if someone else had not snatched me up yet.
    I was THRILLED!
    I went in for an "interview" with him, he showed me around the department, gave me the "low-down" of what a day of work there would be like, and asked me if I had any issues with the bare-neccesities I would need to work there.
    He offered me the position, full-time, and that was just last week,
    I am currently awaiting my backround screening to clear and schedule my "day 1" training class.
    I cannot wait to start my career with whole foods, and leave behind my junk of a job I have now,
    PERSISTENCE REALLY DOES PAY OFF!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negoatiation, I was more than thrilled with the offer with it being almost 3$ more than what I am currently making..