Whole Foods Market Seafood Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Seafood Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.2

Seafood Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I didn't get an interview until I asked someone I knew for a referral. I had an in person interview with the team leader and then a shorter one with the store team leader.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Group Interview. Sat at various tables to meet with team leaders and discuss what positions they had open and what each department is like. All participated in a skit to "break the ice" and make the event more friendly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Team leader contacted me directly Then I had a second interview with the store leader who determines if im hired or not. Then they send you to another store to do the Paperwork and then you do an orientation session and you start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with whole foods   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Internal application from one department to another. The interview was quick and simple. Just making sure that the core values of the company are known.

Interview Questions

• How well is your knowledge of the products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to get my 3 year raise but the paperwork from the previous raise last year was lost so I'm still waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Campbell, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out online questions, attached resume. Received a phone call few days later, came in for an interview about 3 days later. They seemed to like the answers I gave and they offered me the job the same day

Interview Questions

• What is a beneficial quality you could bring to Whole Woods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fairfax, VA) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up an interview after applying online the week before. I was given the choice of a few dates and times I could interview. The interview was a week later with a panel of 3. It was held in a relaxed setting, just as if we were having lunch together in their store. When you think of interviewing in front of a panel, you think it would be intimidating, but they we all very friendly and patient listeners.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Arlington, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy and quick. Very welcoming and nice. They took me into the seafood team office. Dress business casual. Make sure you have that upbeat whole foods welcoming attitude and act like you are a part of the congregation of WFM. We did a quick tour of the store and they explained a little bit of what each area is. Asked if i shopped there before and if I noticed any new changes(which I did not). Asked if I was okay with being around fish and smelly items(did not mind, added a quip about activities that I do that are a bit smelly). Oh and brush up on some recipes for your defined 'food' as they might ask you for some suggestions.

Anonymous Employee in Kildeer, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Kildeer, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I sat down with a store manager and the department team leader. I was asked several questions about myself, my past jobs, skills and so on. The manager seemed like he was trying to put on a stern face, but the seafood team leader seemed nice. It was mostly straight forward, and we discussed the job. Then i was hired.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest pet peeve?   1 Answer

Seafood Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview, Team Leader interview, and store manager interview.
    When interviewed I was asked my past experience in the seafood industry and how I would be able to help in the promotion of the Whole Foods culture. Being interviewed in the team leader in Colorado I really could have said anything even though I had a strong history and a great mentor in the meat and seafood industry. He in my opinion seemed to be on something, and everything I said he nodded and talked in broken sentences.

Interview Questions

• asked what kind of fuel I used in my vehicle   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Made 2 dollars less than my last seafood job. Management was not open to negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Lafayette, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Job Fair in which they split the crowd into groups for one on one mini-interviews in which we were asked our goals, experiences, and which department we were interested in joining. After initial one on one meeting they gave golden tickets to individuals selected for an additional interview with the various department team leaders and then the decisions were made on whether or not you were hired.

Interview Questions

• Why I decided on the Seafood Department when I have no experience in that area despite having worked in retail foods before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they stated the pay $10.00 an hour, which is the lowest of any reported Whole Foods Seafood Team Member in the USA