Whole Foods Market Specialty Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.3

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Specialty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Someone from the department asks you questions printed on the back of the application form you filled out. After I answered them well, she initiated the second interview and went to get her manager to meet me and give the final yes/no. She came back saying they weren't available right now and would get in touch tomorrow to schedule that second interview. Tomorrow I didn't hear from them so I called to be told they didn't get a chance and would be in touch the next day. The next day I still hadn't heard from them so I called back to be told no one was available and to call back the following day. The following day I left a message with my name and email to a staff member who was going to chase it up for me. I was led on for a while like this and no one ever came back to me to schedule that second interview or reject me. I literally never heard from Whole Foods again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Example of past customer service you provided?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Akron, OH).

Interview

Strange group interview in which we did some group work and discussion. Second round was two interviews with the first being one-on-one and the second with two people interviewing. I thought things went well until I was told they would pay me $11.50 an hour. My face must have shown my shock at such a miserable compensation package.

It seems like a good place to work if you are young and OK with poor pay while you gain experience. If you have financial commitments and professional experience, I can't imagine why anyone would go to work for them.

Their interview process was a pleasant experience, overall, but I wish they had been forthcoming about their poor pay from the beginning, or I would not have wasted my time and theirs.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with both department team leaders and spoke with them for almost an hour. They were kind, easygoing and engaged. They were quick to get back to me. Meeting with the store ATL later that day was a different experience; he was less warm, much more fatigued and less open to flexibility. I felt a little coerced into taking the job at that time, but he said I had to decide then and there, so I wanted work and took the job. He left that particular store within a couple months.

Interview Questions

• Am I open to workplace camaraderie/ joking? This question was asked because the Team Leader was very insistent that the team was close-knit and sometimes, joked a bit too inappropriately together,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

It was in the conference room among a panel of 3 members of the team discussing the position and wondering if I can handle the joking nature of that specific team.

Interview Questions

• Where I will see myself in a few years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I applied online, called the department team leader to check the status of my application, and was offered an interview. I had an interview with a team leader and a buyer for the department. Then I came in a second time to meet with the store's team leader.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Bedford, NH) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online after a referral from a friend. I received an email a few days later about scheduling a phone interview and it went well and shortly after (2-3 days) received another email about coming in for an interview later that day the lady interviewing me said she enjoyed it and wanted to hire me but would need to interview with two store leaders. it took about a week to meet with one of them (they were supposed to interview me together, while the other did not have time for me until probably another week later. the two store leaders did a half assed interview of not looking at me, just reading questions from a paper and writing down my answers and they both asked the same exact questions as each other so it was basically the same interview twice. about a month long process to then be denied in the end. a big waste of time

Specialty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I sat down with the head of the department to talk about how my interests aligned with the company's and what I had listed on my resume. It was quite casual and friendly, and after about 15 minutes of conversation he recommended me for a place in the specialty team that was more geared towards my interests from my initial application (which I was thankful for).

Specialty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview was great just waiting to hear back a yes or no from the company on whether or not i got the job.Overall the only bad thing is lack of communication after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Phone interview a few days later. First Interview 1-1 with Team Leader a few days later I got a follow up call for a second interview with the department manager. Asked a lot of the same questions in both interviews. Pretty much just want to see that you can add to the team and be a productive employee.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very quick got hired on the spot, got called within a week after applying, only got asked 3 simple questions fairly easy one on one interview same thing for the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for whole foods, where do you see yourself 5 years from now and my past experience on retail,   Answer Question