Whole Foods Market Specialty Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Specialty Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.4

Specialty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview was great just waiting to hear back a yes or no from the company on whether or not i got the job.Overall the only bad thing is lack of communication after the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Phone interview a few days later. First Interview 1-1 with Team Leader a few days later I got a follow up call for a second interview with the department manager. Asked a lot of the same questions in both interviews. Pretty much just want to see that you can add to the team and be a productive employee.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very quick got hired on the spot, got called within a week after applying, only got asked 3 simple questions fairly easy one on one interview same thing for the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for whole foods, where do you see yourself 5 years from now and my past experience on retail,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a 3 step interview process. The first interview was basically a pre-screening phone call where they ask some basic questions to get an idea about your personality if you sound like you'd be a fit for WF. Second interview was scheduled 5 days after pre-screen, which was a 1 on 1 with the Team Leader for the department. It was about 30 minutes long, pretty straightforward, and you are asked typical interview questions.

Third interview was held immediately after the second, with the Team Leader and store's ATL. Same questions, but this one felt more like they were trying to get to know me as a person, and see if I was the kind of personality that would mesh well with other Team Members and a fit for WF values.Got a call an hour after the third interview saying I was chosen for the job.

Overall, the interview process was much more personal than any other I've had in the past. It felt like more of a conversation than a screening process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you went above and beyond to help someone

Q: What does great customer service mean to you

Q: Are you in support of the company's Core Values and what does that mean to you

Q: What do you think of when you hear Whole Foods mentioned

Q: Why would you be a good fit for this store and this department

Q: Do you have any previous experience in this line of work

Q: Do you work better alone or on a team
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email two days after I applied online, asking to meet in person a the store for an interview with the Specialty Team Leader.
    Arrived at the interview I was asked to tell my story, to describe my strength in wine, beer and cheese, and my weekly availability. At the end of the interview I had to meet the store manager and answer to his questions.
    After meeting the store manager I was extended a conditional offer (background check needed).
    The interview was very friendly and frank, but still professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a manager, after which I was offered a second interview. The second interview was a group interview, with the initial manager as well as two others, including the Specialty Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy. We sat in the demo kitchen area so that it was quiet. interviewer was friendly and asked if I would like to interview with the team leader that day or another day. Of course I said I was ready right then. May have been so fast because they needed help and I had previous experience, either way it was not at all stressful.

Interview Questions

• If I could do one thing to help my community or the environment, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Westwood, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone within 3 days for an in-person interview. The interview lasted 1 hour and was much more in-depth and intense than I expected for a retail position. I was notified within 3 more days that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• 5 qualities to describe myself? Favorite album? What's a goal I have for myself, for others, and for the world?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tigard, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview. Had one interview and then got called back for another interview in a different department.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Didn't get a call for awhile, but when I finally did I came in and sat down with a small panel and they asked typical interview questions. The offered me a job on the spot afterward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you offered great customer service?   Answer Question