Whole Foods Market Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Interview

Two-part, informal, asked you questions, asked you why WF, asked you about if you like food, etc. Usually just two parts, I had three. Very straight-forward, people I interviewed with seemed nice but they lied to me about the availability of positions. Learned during my employment that the position I wanted was available but that they told me otherwise so I would fill a position that was more advantageous for Store Leadership.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was ordinary and the focus of the interviewer(s) with the Team Leader and Assistant Store Manager was mostly intended to get a sense of the applicant's personality. It works in your favor to appear easy-going, intelligent, and ready to learn.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2018.

Interview

A panel interview, with 4 people. had to make an action plan with ideas of what I would change while being a supervisor and go to other stores to talk to leadership and get ideas.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I cannot stress enough to do the research on the company. DO THE RESEARCH if you want this job.

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later for a phone interview. This was a quick 10/15 minute screening interview to feel you out and make sure you have the qualifications they are looking for.

The next step was an in person interview with two managers from the store. Very basic "tell me about a time..." questions. This is where the research starts to come in. The company culture and 7 values are huge. You need to be able to tie your experience and your answers to these. They want you to have done your homework.

The final step is a panel interview. You bring a 30/60/90 day action plan and copies of your resume. Bring at least 10 copies of each. A group of up to 10 employees will ask you questions about yourself, your management style, some "tell em about a time" questions. You have to invoke the 7 values. You have to. You have to be able to relate yourself to these ideals and the company culture. Some of the people on the panel are other managers and some are people you will be supervising! You really need to impress.

Once you finish they will send you along and they all vote on if you should be hired. They called back in a few hours and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• If two employees were having an argument, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Altamonte Springs, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applying for anything in whole foods is done through online and you will get an email and a call if they want to give you an interview. Depending on the position it can range from 2-7 people on your panel. they expect you to do due diligence when you are applying for any type of leadership position including supervisor. Phone pre screenings are done, depending on the store you will have 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between hospitality and customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Palm Desert, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel interview of a few different peers and team leaders. The panel is supposed to make the decision fare and consistent avoiding favoritism. Unfortunately the panel picked is usually to a favor of one person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Online application through WFM Workday, then panel interview with 7, yes 7, people. Interview felt weighted toward to other applicant from the beginning. Did not take any of my prior experience to account.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Mateo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

6-person panel interview. Everyone asked two questions each. The interview has a "theme" that they base all the questions around. It could be interviewing someone on their experience or how they approach different situations.

Interview Questions

• They gave a situational question. What would I do if the following occurred all at once?:
      1. A cashier was requesting to drop money from their register.
      2. An upset customer was waiting at the booth to talk.
      3. There is a spill by the express lanes.
      4. A store manager is requesting an answer to an email sent earlier.
      5. Another cashier needs an override for their transaction.

Essentially, they want to see how you'll delegate and manage the department if you were to be left alone (or have help).   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day, met with team leader to discuss details of the job and was warned that I would go on a panel interview, could be anywhere from 3-10 people interviewing you at once. I was offered $12.50 for this position. 1 week later I had my interview with 4 people, lasted 20 minutes. Was asked to provide resume, left feeling like I did well, got a call the next day saying that they would not be hiring me at this time. Maybe they found someone more qualified?

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a cashier wasn't behaving appropriately and received a complaint from a customer about them?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when a manager gave you constuctive criticism   Answer Question
    • How do you take constructive criticism?   Answer Question
    • Give example of a time where you gave somwone constructive criticism   Answer Question
    • Asked for a closing statement.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a co-worker wasn't doing their share of the work, talked to them about it but was disrespectful to you and refused to do their share.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. A panel of three people asked me pretty standard interview questions. They called me to offer the job before I even got home for the interview. Overall a very pleasant interview process. They held the interviews at a temp office across the street which was very easily accessible from the road.