Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Leader Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Redmond, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did an online pre interview. Bit awkward but okay overall. Once you do the online preview,
there will be an in person or over phone interview. You will probably be interviewed by
department manager, which is called a Team Leader, as well as Store Management which is called
Store Leadership.

Be prepared to have a varying experience depending on who interviews you. I've been treated
in overtly rude manner by certain team leaders and assistant team leader as well as store leadership.
They pick and chose who they want to move around in hard to understand ways. You are not necessarily valued as an employee who was worked there for years. There is no clear career path
despite what is posted in employee break room/s.

As you apply for different positions within different departments, you will still be formally interviewed
which is good.

Interview Questions

• Asked about availability. It's important to answer this honestly and don't plan on changing this upon being hired. Other questions were very straight forward and commonly asked questions. You may be asked to meet with store leadership (management) after being interviewed by the department team leader.

Some of the team leaders and especially the assistant team leaders of the department are inexperienced and it shows in there communication skills.

The turn over at Whole Foods Market is high and this shows too. The often stressful for the employees who stay there or try to stay there for one or more years.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Whole Body Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Team Leader interviews are usually internal (meaning, you typically work for the company to get this position). The interview required me to plan out our Back To School program for the department. This required purchases, backstock regulating, set up and take down plans, location details, themes, etc. This was presented during the interview to a panel of team members, current Team Leaders, store Leadership and Regional Leadership.

In a team leader position, you must apply online (which is usually posted internally) and then you will be contacted by the current Store Team Leader regarding your homework assignment, panel members and date of your interview.

The interview took about 45 minutes.

The panel interview can be very intimidating. The higher up you go in the company the larger your panel interview will be. For this position, there were 9 people on the panel and 1 person who called in.

Interview Questions

• The core values were the main points of the interview, with a focus on team member happiness, growth, success and failures. As long as you know what you are talking about and how to handle these situations there will be no concern.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Salary is based on a scale, (i.e., in 2013 Team Leaders started at $20 on the low end) and the scale goes up the longer you work for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was called within a few weeks and answered a few questions over the phone. The recruiter made it clear that I was well qualified and asked me to come in for a group interview. I was asked to look at their website, pick one of their missions/values and be prepared to talk about it in front of the group. When I arrived for the interview, there was about 12 to 15 of us, all interviewing for different positions. The Whole Foods workers talked a lot! We went around in a circle and presented our value and then did a group exercise. Split the interviewers in half, we were suppose to use marshmallows and dried spaghetti to see how high we cold make this structure. It was a total joke. Then we were excused and they said we would be in contact. The whole process was 2 to 3 hours. A week to 10 days letter I received a rejection email. I thought the whole process was ridiculous. I was never asked specific questions about my work history or really anything about me. It was almost like they were judging us by our appearances, I mean what else could it be? Over all, very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look at their values and pick which one spoke to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

Panel interview. Typically anywhere from 5-10 team members, also with Store Leadership, and regional leadership. They all randomly ask questions in no particular order. A lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• If you don't get this position, why do you think that is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2012.

Interview

Was asked to present a 30-60-90 plan. Interviewed with the Store Team Leader, Store PBS and 2 Whole Body Members. I was already a WB ATL at the time, so I was basically shadowing the Team Leader. I reached out to some of my Regional Managers and other store Team Leaders for assistance and guidance in preparing.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Plano, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview processes for management are difficult. First, you must apply online and then make it through a phone interview. Following the phone interview you will be scheduled for a panel interview that includes an HR officer, a store team leader, a department coordinator from the regional office and 2-3 subordinates (usually buyers from the team you are applying for). You will bring a resume and action plan with you. Interviews are capped at 45 minutes long. During the 45 minutes you will be asked questions regarding finance, merchandising, your personal approach to leadership, hypothetical HR questions and questions regarding your areas of knowledge and passion.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding HR protocol are the most difficult to answer for an outside hire because they related to the GIG Book manual that an outside hire will not have access to. In   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. They made me an offer and I accepted it.