Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whole Foods Market Whole Body Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Whole Foods Market

2.4

Whole Body Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I transferred departments, and it was super casual and smooth. I found out there was an opening in the department that I was more suited for and the manager there reached out and set up a trial period for me, before hiring me on entirely in that section.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Whole Body Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2012.

Interview

Though Whole Foods' application is online, I decided to turn in a resume and cover letter in person in order to meet the team leader and make a face-to-face connection. I had to come back three times to catch her while she was in, but I think that made a big difference! She gave me a five-question interview on the spot, called to conduct a phone interview several days later, and finally scheduled an in-person interview for the next week. The final interview was actually her and two other department members with some level of seniority (Assistant Team Leader and I think Assistant Buyer). The interview took about 45 minutes, and we waited around for me to meet a shift leader afterwards, who then interviewed me for another five minutes.

The interviewers were friendly, young, and pretty bubbly. They really didn't make the interview feel awkward and explicitly gave me encouragement ("you're really marketing yourself well!" "that's the answer I was looking for," "you're a strong candidate," etc).

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what DSHEA is?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle (or give) criticism from a fellow Team Member?   Answer Question
    • If a customer approached you and was angry that an item was not in-stock after they called ahead and drove two hours, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Are there ever times when you would bend the rules?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, but make sure you ask what kind of potential there is for the position in the future. For example, I was hired for an explicitly "very part-time" less-than-20 hrs a week position, but the Team Leader clarified that I might eventually be able to up my hours to 30 (without benefits). She told me they promote almost exclusively from within, so that should make a difference if I stay on longer.

Whole Body Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2011.

Interview

There was a quick pre-interview at a job fair. If you pass that you go onto another interview that's more in depth. For mine they ran out of time for the second one. I was called a week later and had to go in two more times to meet different team leaders.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations if you have never worked for Whole Foods before. Everyone starts at 10/hr.