Wieden And Kennedy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wieden And Kennedy Interview Questions

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy.

Interview

the interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. HR is responsive and quick. The whole process took about two weeks total. There were two rounds of interviews, first round being a phone call and second being in-person.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Sarasota, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

This was an interview by 2 visiting recruiters at Ringling College of Art and Design. I submitted my resume, cover letter and portfolio link the day before, and W+K recruiters chose me and several other students for an on campus interview. It took about 20-30 minutes. They had me go through several portfolio pieces and then asked where I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted through University. Process took about one month with an initial interview with one person, then 3 separate interviews on a different day. Last interview was to be with the HR Director but she was "out of town" = code for 'you did not pass onto the next phase.'

Interview Questions

• More concerned with fit. They definitely seem to favor the extrovert.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Comprehensive Portfolio Review. Discussion of art background and future ambitions and goals. Process work evaluation. Comprehensive Portfolio Review. Discussion of art background and future ambitions and goals. Process work evaluation.

Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Interview

I landed this interview through a recruiting company, otherwise I never would have had the connections to land it. The minimum of 2-3 years before promotion had gotten my attention and the interviewer got the impression I wanted to move up sooner than that, so I didn't get offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Don't be too ambitious because the position requires 2-3 years with no flexibility of moving up)   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by their HR on LinkedIn. Had 2 phone interviews with the HR and one with the manager. The HR department seemed very positive and keen that they wanted me to interview. After one hour long conversation with the manager it was clear there was some internal miscommunication. The interviews were casual and not very pressing so did not expect there to be a second one.

Interview Questions

• The manager was mostly interested in asking about willingness to be team player. Past examples of good teamwork. The conversation and questions were very vague so at times hard to judge how much detail he wanted you to go into regarding past work.   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Got an interview by first connecting with the Global HR Director on LinkedIn, who then referred me to a junior recruiter. Junior recruiter interviewed me by phone twice before submitting my resume for consideration to the hiring manager. Hiring manager passed on me citing she wanted someone with more direct agency experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Standard behavioral and background questions. Brought up the fact that I really enjoyed their recent campaigns, and was asked about which one was my recent favorite and why.   Answer Question

Junior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy.

Interview

First met through college job fair info-session. Followed up and received Initial interview over phone. First woman I spoke to was very nice and impressed with my background, but would not be a person I would work directly under. The next round was a phone interview with what would be my supervisor. She was much tougher and much less impressed with what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• (In response to a class project I had worked on): "Why do you think that is good enough to work?"   Answer Question

I didn't get the original full-time position I applied for in Portland HQ, but got an internship offer for their NY location.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I was able to land an interview after pulling a few strings from people in my network. There wasn't any position I was applying for per se, but they agreed to meet me and see if my resume matched any open position. The interview lasted for about an hour. Typical interview questions, nothing too worrisome. Interviewer seemed pre-occupied but was very sweet.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wieden And Kennedy (Portland, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was initiated through an agency. The process was quick and communicative. I had two interviews with two prospective managers, who were both friendly and encouraging, and asked easy questions.

Interview Questions

• How can your experience in attention to detail apply to this role?   Answer Question