Wikistrat Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, received an answer a few days later - I was interviewed over Skype a few days after that. About 12 days from Application to Interview..

I never expect interviewers to be friendly and fun, but this Wiksitrat interviewer came in so aggressive that I knew since the first second I wouldn't want to be within this organization. Specially for No Salary. I was interested in cooperating at first, but after what I heard from within, and this particular man, I just waited for the interview to finish, hang up, delete him from Skype, and keep going.

Interviewer said Wikistrat would reply after a week with their result - either good or bad. I never heard back.

This company is a scam. It´s only interesting for people doing PhD´s who are ready to be put to work for nothing in exchange for "reputation". I highly disrecommend it.

Interview Questions

• Is a billion dollars a lot to pay for when researching a new Drug?   1 Answer

Contributing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Part of the interview was explaining what Wikistrat is and how analysts are paid and rewarded and part of it was asking me questions about geopolitics. The interview took place over the phone, and the person I interviewed with was a fairly high level staff member based in Israel. Talking about geopolitics to a foreign national was slightly unnerving I have to admit. I have had secret clearance much of my career, so it felt a little strange to be having such a discussion. That said, much of the discussion taking place on Wikistrat has an international security perspective, and all the intelligence is open source. Posting anything classified is strictly prohibited and can get you removed. The interview is the first step in having regular open and honest discussions about geopolitics with creative thinkers from many nationalities. Normally you would never do that.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions pertained to the root causes of Islamist extremism and instability in the Middle East.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wikistrat (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

- Application on the website
    - Email exchange
    - Phone interview with a member of the staff. Usual questions about motivation, fit, and explanation of the new model used by Wikistrat.
    - The exchange lasted 45 min. It was cordial.

Interview Questions

• - Which domain do you prefer/do you feel you have the most expertise?   Answer Question