Wild Child Editorial Executive Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wild Child Editorial

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wild Child Editorial (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The owner of the company viewed me on LinkedIn several times over a course of two months. I finally sent the owner an email saying that I noticed that "we keep on bumping into each other here on LinkedIn."
She then invited me to have coffee with her.
I met her and her business partner for coffee at a hotel library and had a lengthy conversation about their company, what plans and goals they had for the future (i.e they wanted to re-brand the company and almost treat it as a start up with a turn key office.) They wanted to know on the spot how I saw myself being able to contribute to re-branding and re-starting a company that had been known in the industry already for 18 years.
I gave them my ideas and how I could contribute to the future success of their company and their idea.
We had two more day time, lengthy (1-4 hour) discussions during this interview process. Then the owner invited me to come to the office after 6pm so that I could get a vibe of the space and company.
The office was gorgeous. We talked until midnight and really hit it off.
Then there was a month of financial and contract negotiations.
Finally we all agreed upon a set of terms and signed the contracts.
The company is doing great. The owners gave me full reign to change the talent and image of the company as I saw fit. The owners are fantastic business people and nice - a great combination. The company is filled with an electric creative energy galvanized by the young and eclectic staff that they have.
I am proud to be associated with the company.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question on the first meeting was "What are the names of the talent that you think we should go after to hire in order to change the image and work of the company". (I was taken aback because I did not even know that we were on an official interview, had I known what the job was for and what their needs were I would have been prepared to answer the question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was a bit laborious. Initial offer was too low. I had to have my lawyer make many changes to the initial contract. It took about a month of financial and contract negotiations until both parties needs were met to everyone's satisfaction.