Wildfire Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wildfire Interactive Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

After an initial email, there was an online interview which involved writing three answers and then recording on video two answers. It was really exciting because you had the time to review what you did and really make it whatever you wanted it to be. I personally let myself almost be a little too much myself, and was very pleased to see that Wildfire was receptive to it. Then there was a phone interview which should be about 30-40 minutes, but with my big mouth of course it was almost an hour. The recruiter was passionate and informative. I had interest in other positions as well as sales and she had amazing advice about where to start in the company and how to grow if invited to join the team. Finally, there was an in-person interview which was about 90 minutes and included a tour of the office. First thing I noticed was how happy everyone seemed. People just look thrilled to be there. The office has a warm feel to it and the excitement you see running through all the employees is infectious. It makes you want to be there right away.
    The final in-person interview was fantastic. These people are routing for you to succeed. We did do some role-playing to see how well I took coaching for cold-calls. There was much discussion about the position itself, the hours, what kind of personality you need to have, how you would break up your day in terms of research and getting leads.if you are up for the challenge and willing to take their advice, I think you got a good shot at joining this incredible team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For this position, because there is so much bonus and growth opportunity, everyone starts at the same pay, but if you have things like vacations already planned, they are super flexible about your start date and are willing to accommodate preexisting plans.

Ruby Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter quickly scheduled an interview with the HR. I had a brief talk with the HR over the phone and then they scheduled a technical interview. I was told it would be 30 minutes and put it as such on the calendar, but it was in fact a bit over 1 hour.

The interview was with a Software Engineer and consisted of a number of questions, some related to experience with programming, web development, jQuery and Ruby language, some technical questions. I didn't answer 2 questions, for the rest I sometimes provided more then it was seemingly expected and he indicated happy. I heard him typing my answers (or whatever) in, and in the end he said they would contact me for further interviewing. I never heard back from them. I think they interview everybody who qualifies but would pass only those who fit their socio-demographics (I didn't). Also, they ask to provide links to code samples with the resume, but I collect statistics and have never seen them visited.

Interview Questions

• Ruby: How to write a sum of numbers in an array in one line?   2 Answers
    • CSS and jQuery: There are 2 classes "foo" and "bar". How to select elements that belong to both classes?   1 Answer

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

After being notified through email that Wildfire liked my resume, I was invited to do an "active interview" online by following a link to an internal website. Very cool. It consisted of two longer essay questions (fit for the position, motivation for applying, experience, etc.) and two video response questions (a more technical question about an on-the-job scenario, and a fun, "tell us more about yourself" question). Prompts were very clear in stating that both written and verbal communication skills would be evaluated. I'd never experienced an interview like this prior to Wildfire. The video responses were especially fun to complete! They provide a wonderful opportunity to infuse personality into this part of the interview process. Note: you are allowed to re-record your video responses as many times as desired.

I submitted the active interview on a Saturday, and was totally thrilled to get a call the following Tues/Wed. Quick chat with a recruiter, and we set up an interview for the upcoming Tuesday. Recieved a call the next Monday, and realized that in my flustered excitement I'd most likely jotted down the wrong time for the interview. The recruiter was extremely nice in re-scheduling me for a couple days later that week. Phew. The actual phone interview lasted about thirty minutes, and covered a wide range of topics. No questions were too surprising or difficult, but all did seem very thoughtful and managed to gather a LOT of information. Know Wildfire as a company. Know current topics/happenings in Social Media space. The recruiter was extremely friendly, and simply a delight to speak with. It truly felt more like a conversation than an interview. As the interview was wrapping up, the recruiter informed me that the next step would be an in-office interview. Woohoo!

About two weeks later (I wasn't a local candidate for the position and needed to find time to make cross country travel arrangements), I arrived in office for the in person interview. Upon arrival, the recuiter I'd spoken with on the phone greeted me and gave me quick tour of the space. Very nifty wide open layout; great first impression and office vibe. Everyone who I met was friendly, cheerful and professional. First panel interview consisted of myself and three members of the recruiting team. Second component was a 1:2 interview with two different members of the team. My best advice would be to know Wildfire well, really try to understand its unique work culture, and be able to very specifically spell out how your experience will translate perfectly to your new position. As with the phone interview, all interviewers were a pleasure to work with. In office interview was complete in 2+ hours; certainly wasn't rushed. Received and accepted the offer two days later!

Interview Questions

• How would you approach trying to recruit a strong candidate away from companies like Google, Facebook etc?   Answer Question
    • In 2 -3 sentences, explain to me the appeal of Wildfire Interactive within the Social Media space.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process at Wildfire was one of the best I have experienced. After submitting my information, the company reached out to me within a day, and had the process moving right away. I was invited in for an in-person interview with several team members, and had great conversations with each of them. In addition, everyone also provided valuable insight on both their roles individually as well as the company as a whole. The entire Wildfire team was thoughtful, deliberate, and made the interview process incredibly enjoyable.

Compared to many other companies, the recruiting team at Wildfire is incredibly organized, efficient and communicates very well, which also made the interviews an even better experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when have worked in an entrepreneurial environment.   Answer Question
    • Is there a time when you have had to balance working with a large number of clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

First there was an "active" interview--I answered three questions online via writing, two questions online via video recording. You can rerecord yourself as much as you need. I was called a few days after to set up a phone interview--about a week after submission of my written/video responses, I had a phone interview. Later I got an e-mail saying my application would not be taken to the next stage.

WRITTEN--max 400 character answer.
    Of your previous experiences (professional and personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?
    Tell us about a time or experience where you've tried to accomplish something and failed.

VIDEO:
    By way of video, tell us about an activity or experience that helps define a personality trait that's unique to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Wildfire had a super long interview process, at least for me. It started with an "active interview" after the application that was kind of fun. Upon completion of the active interview I was asked to do a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my resume, etc. I was then asked to come up to redwood city for a set of two person interviews with the sales managers. Two of the sales mangers were SUPER friendly and made me feel right at home, the third seemed disinterested and even rolled his eyes at one point. After the in person interview I waited almost two weeks to hear back, at which point they said they needed one more phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. After that I waited ANOTHER WEEK to hear anything, at which point they said I was a great candidate I just didn't have the experience they were looking for. At no point did I pretend to have sales experience, so obviously this was very frustrating. I'm only giving this a neutral and not a negative because the majority of the interviews were very professional, and I understand that this is a rapidly growing company and they are still working out some glitches in the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Did an online survey and then had a phone interview. questions discussed passed sales experience

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

A few days after submitting a resume to Wildfire online, a recruiter contacted me via email expressing their interest and explaining the next step in the process would be an interactive online "interview".
    In a separate email an invitation for a the online "interview" was sent consisting of a link.
    The online interview consisted 5 questions.
    The first three were essay style questions with a free form box to answer
    The last two were video essays which you had to answer by recording yourself with a webcam
    A few days after the online "interview" the recruiter would schedule a phone interview with you.

The phone interview consisted of about 5 basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.   Answer Question
    • Of your previous experiences (professional or personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?   Answer Question
    • Based on your past experience working in client-facing roles (or something similar), what is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to dealing with clients? Tell us about an instance where an issue came up with a client and how you solved it   Answer Question
    • By way of video, tell us about an activity, passion or story that best defines you as a person.   Answer Question
    • What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it? greatest accomplishment over the past 3 years and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (Redwood City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I received an email about a week after I submitted an application saying that my resume caught their eye. First, I completed the video interview. I was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. I typically feel good after an interview when the interviewer had their questions answered but it was also conversational and interactive. This interview was not that way at all. As soon as I finished answering a question, the interviewer wouldn't even acknowledge what I said. She would just say "Ok next question" as if she had a long list and had to hit every one. I was suprised when I was asked to come in for an in-person interview because of the lack of candid conversation. I knew I'd be interviewing with a recruiter rather than a coordinator so I figured this interview would be better. Nope. She probably squeezed about 50 questions into a half hour interview. It was as if she had just taken a class on interview questions and was overdoing it. Not conversational at all. I felt like I was being badgered and I was just waiting for a trick question to be thrown in. This is no way to make a candidate feel comfortable and excited to work at your company. I was turned off immediately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you've taken on that demonstrate your organizational skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wildfire Interactive (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was then asked to move on to the second round a few days later via email. This round was quite interesting and consisted of 5 questions online (via a website), 3 of which were written and the other two were video. This meant that I had to use my webcam and record myself while I answered the specific questions. It was new an quite interesting for me, but also difficult as recording yourself can be a bit intimidating. A few days later an email arrived saying that I was not moving on to the third round.