Wildlife Conservation Society Interview Questions in Bronx, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by three senior employees in one of the trailers at the flagship location at the Bronx Zoo. Was seen after roughly half an hour. Interview took ~45 minutes to an hour. Each interviewer prepared their own questions.

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Straight forward, asked basic questions about what you know about the establishment. This job is helpful in that you are able to network and also great for young people that want to enter the workforce. Also, this process may have changed, I worked at this establishment a few summers ago.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about when you hear the word "guest services?"   Answer Question

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

At the interview, I was asked to read a few lines from the script. I was asked two questions that I don't remember, nothing too difficult. For me the interview process was brief and easy.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall - possibly what challenge(s) did you have to overcome at your previous job?   Answer Question

Conservation Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Invited for a 1 of 3 rounds of group interviews at the Bronx Zoo, about 25 per group so I estimated 75 people up for about 20 positions at the various WCS zoo/aquarium locations.

First we split off into groups based off which age group we're most interested in working with during the zoo camp (toddlers, elementary, middle , teens) and were given a task to come up with a lesson plan in 10 minutes. This was pretty hectic. Next we had 1-on-1 interviews for 30-40 mins or went on a short tour of the Bronx Zoo. Questions were basic situational and behavioral questions, such as:

Talk about a time when you had to work in a team

Talk about your experience working with X age group

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a long frustrating, stressful day of working with students   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Series of back-to-back interviews for an Assistant Director position, with individuals or panels from various levels. Presentation to an open invitation group.

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves were not difficult, but the way some of them were posed was odd. Questions from the presentation ranged in quality because audience was open, some attendees were specialists and others were attending from unrelated units as a lunchtime talk.   Answer Question

Prospect Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews at WCS. THe first interview with the Director was great but the second round was strange. I met with the person I would be working closely with and she seemed totally unprepared and not ready to conduct an interview. She clearly hadn't reviewed my resume and did not prepare any questions. She also apologized and said this isn't a good time of day for her because she gets sleepy in the afternoon. I finally just said to her, "Would you like me to tell you myself and my interest in the position?" It was very awkward. I didn't get an offer but I was completely okay with that. I lost interest after that interview.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Apply online and then after you are sent an email asking you to come in or an interview. When you arrive you are seated in a room with almost 20 other people you are asked to take a small test that checks your basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing). After you have finished the exam you wait for your name to be called and then brought to another room where you wait to meet with one of the managers for the actual interview that last about 20 minutes or so. After that interview they bring you back to the first waiting room and from there you wait till they call your name to go into another room where they offer you the job. they ask you to come in for a day of paid training and then the next day you start working.

Interview Questions

• Describe i time that you were asked to work with a difficult coworker/classmate and expalin how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

It wasn't terrible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing at all.

Director of Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (Bronx, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

After applying online and submitting my resume, I was interviewed very briefly by phone and set up a date for the in-person interview. I actually had two interviews that day: with the head of HR and with the Head of the Education Department. Each was about 30 minutes. The HR interview had much more to do with the overall work environment and benefits at WCS and with answering more generic questions about my viability as a candidate. Then I went to interview with my potential boss and he explained the aspirations of the education department, what they've been doing in the past and how they've updated their offerings, and their plans for online and other education. He described the daily work,who my reporting staff would be, and the office atmosphere. He asked me about my experiences developing environmental education and teacher training programs. it was not very unusual, no questions about where I want to be in 5 years or what sort of vegetable I would be if I were a vegetable. Straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• how would you translate in-person and onsite courses and offerings to an online format, trying to keep the most important benefits intact? What is most important to retain in online courses?   Answer Question
    • How would you recruit new enrollment to our existing offerings and potential new online offerings   Answer Question