Wiley Managing Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wiley Managing Editor Interview Questions

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Mumbai (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiting company, that was followed by a panel phone interview with the Wiley team in USA. This was followed by an in-person interview, a phone conversation with Wiley India HR, and another panel phone call with Wiley USA. The interview with Wiley India was coercive and unpleasant, where I was repeatedly asked to reveal my past salary and told that this was a prerequisite to proceeding further, even though I had stated clearly at the start that I was not willing to do so. The matter was later handled by Wiley USA, however, I rejected the offer. While the interaction with Wiley USA was reasonably more professional, comments about traffic in India, dislike of Indian cities, and fussy negotiating tactics by Indian candidates (I was jokingly told that Indians go so far as to ask for salaries for their dog walkers) verged on being racist. When expanding operations in a foreign country, I recommend being respectful of the hospitality offered by that country.

Interview Questions

• What are your criteria for evaluating a manuscript, and how would you communicate the rejection of a manuscript to the authors?   Answer Question

Dissatisfied with salary offered and interview process.