William Blair Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

William Blair Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview was okay; everyone at the firm was very nice. 2 rounds of phone interviews followed by an on-site superday in Chicago headquarter; 6 rounds of intense interviews on the final round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for William Blair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my college and received a request for a first round interview with a first year analyst. This was my first middle market interview, so I was expecting mostly fit questions and received a mix of both fit and technical. Make sure to brush up on financial statement questions and stay loose. They really want to see your personality shine through. Have reasons why you want to be with a MM bank and not at a bulge bracket.

Interview Questions

• If we used 10 in cash to purchase new inventory, then what would happen on all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The standard process for William Blair is two phone screens with a second-year analyst and associate respectively, then a Super Day in the office of potential employment. The Super Day will involve up to 8 interviews with members of the official hiring committee. They are huge on fit but do not neglect studying for technical aspects of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How does $10 of depreciation affect the three financial statements?   Answer Question

Investment Bank Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Very welcoming group. They flew me out from Philadelphia all expenses paid. Met 8 people who all took time to talk with me while doing an seemingly informal interview. Everybody was nice and the work environment seemed very appealing. Some logic questions were thrown in as well as technical and fit. Overall great place and great people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the value of this telephone as if it was a company and explain your reasoning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made with on campus recruiting. They selected me for an on-campus interview. This initial interview consisted of equal parts fit and technical questions.

The next step was a Super Day at their office in Chicago. This consisted of 8 back to back interviews with bankers ranging from Analyst up to Directors. Some of these interviews were all technical, some were all fit, and some were mixed.

I found out I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• You have 100 balls (50 black balls and 50 white balls) and 2 buckets. How do you divide the balls into the two buckets so as to maximize the probability of selecting a black ball if 1 ball is chosen from 1 of the buckets at random?   1 Answer
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
William Blair Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview New York, NY tell me about yourself.
William Blair Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Chicago, IL If we used 10 in cash to purchase new inventory, then what would happen on all three financial statements?
William Blair Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview Chicago, IL How does $10 of depreciation affect the three financial statements?
William Blair Investment Bank Summer Analyst Interview Chicago, IL Tell me the value of this telephone as if it was a company and explain your reasoning.
William Blair Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Chicago, IL You have 100 balls (50 black balls and 50 white balls) and 2 buckets. How do you divide the balls into the two buckets so as to maximize the probability of selecting a black ball if 1 ball is chosen from 1 of the buckets at random?