William O'Neil & Co Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.5

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The first call was with the recruiter which is mainly behavioral. The second was 50% Technical and 50 Behavioral. They were very much interested in my resume and trying to get the gist of everything I have done.

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume to recruiter. Was contacted a few days afterward to schedule a phone interview with the project manager. Started with normal behavioral questions, then when into technical part. I don't have a lot of iOS experience so that might be a factor, but it was pretty difficult. Will not be expecting a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are the states of execution in an iOS app? Describe each.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

First there was a phone screen with HR. Two days later, there was a scheduled phone interview with a product manager. Topics discussed included basic coding principles and language experience in the form of jobs or school projects. A week later, on-site interview with 5 back-to-back 30 minute 1-1 interviews. The week after was scheduled with CIO.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, phone screen with HR. Then, two days later, phone interview with a product manager. Topics discussed included my experience with Finance and Machine Learning. A week later, on-site interview with 5 back-to-back 30 minute 1-1 interviews.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with department head and then 3 consecutive technical interviews with managers from the department over skype. I think the interview would normally be in person, but I was in a different city at the time. Everyone was nice and pretty laid back. They gave me time to ask a lot of questions and didn't seem to have very high expectations for because it was for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do web dev? What aspects of the company are you interested in?
      What's inheritance? What's the difference between java and javascript?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Stupid and irrelevant questions from unqualified person. Since the firm has been around for a long time and had a decent reputation, I overlooked this. I probably shouldn't have, because it should have been a warning.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co (Boston, MA).

Interview

After phone screen they fly you to Los Angela's for an all day interview

Interview Questions

• Expect a roll play with the President of the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

None I took first offer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Meet with Hiring manager

Interview Questions

• None pretty easy just tell they guy you know all the portfolio & hedge fund managers and your hired   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co in June 2010.

Interview

Dog and pony show. Don't believe a word of it, they will sell you on making a ton of money, but nobody actually makes close to what they say you can make. People made that kind of money years ago, but they changed the comp plan long time ago and never again will that happen.

Negotiation

Good luck trying to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at William O'Neil & Co (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

You must talk performance. Prove you can close the deal. Ask for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Bill O'Neil and the methodology he created to winning in the stock market   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a stock you like and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. They offer a salary and territory. Expect that to change.