William Schwitzer & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at William Schwitzer & Associates

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at William Schwitzer & Associates (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with office manager and partner. Then, a few hours later, received a call from the attorney from the department I would be working at to offer me position. Ended up rejecting offer.

Interview Questions

Paralegal Interview

Interview

The reception area was a bit crowded with people waiting to be seen by the attorneys. I did not like what I was told on the interview. I was told the hours would be from 9-6 (that's 9 hours minus a lunch break). I was told there would be NO DIRECT DEPOSIT for the first 6 months & benefits kick in after 3 months. I was told it was a very very busy job and that there is alot of "turn around" - meaning, people LEAVE after a short time because of the work load being too much. I was also told that it is expected to do overtime but THERE IS NO OVERTIME PAY. Not even COMP TIME. Now THAT's crazy. THEN I found out that they're offering to pay UNDER $50,000 a year for this position. That, to me, meant probably $48,000 or $47,000 a year - with NO OVERTIME - but YOU WILL WORK OVERTIME. Then I read the REVIEWS of this place and- WHICH I BELIEVE - MY GOD I AM GLAD I WINDED UP NOT WORKING HERE!!!!