Williams Lea Tag Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

3.3

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephone interview. Poorly handled un inspired, Unmemorable questions. A very unprofessional interviewer. Not a professional recruiter. Giveny 25 yes of experience I would have expected more inviting open ended questions. These were yes or no questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in five years?   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Internal Recruiter contacted me through a Monster position lead (It does work!).Set up preliminary phone interview, followed by brief 1 hour) face to face interview with a member of the hiring team. Gentleman was informative, personable and represented Williams-Lea in a very professional manner. Left the meeting with a positive feeling about the position and Williams-Lea. I must say that the job description for which I was applying was somewhat fluid and not particularly focused.

Followed up with the usual e-mails, indicating a desire to move my candidacy for the position forward. While there was no response either from the internal recruiter or the hiring team member to these communications, I received a call for a second interview three weeks later.

Setting up this interview was difficult as one of the hiring team, with whom I needed to speak with, seemed to have one of the most inaccessible schedules you could find. I think it would have been easier to set up an meeting with the CEO rather than this individual.

Interview day amid one of the hottest days in New York City. My initial hiring team contact meets me and quickly ushers me to my interview with a peer team member.

This individual greets me as if I was about to enter a termination meeting. Unsmiling and intent on proving that he/she was in control of the process, proceeded to sit me down in a vacant office, while she faced her laptop and conducted the interview. She quickly established that he/she was a Six Sigma, MBA professional and possessed "World-Class" Sourcing and Procurement experience. This was the first of many times that the term, "World-Class" came up during this interview.

With one eye on his/her laptop throughout our meeting, we went through the usual interview conversation, with my questions being answered in a vague way, almost as if they were of little consequence. My questions were usually answered with a "why are you asking me this or you don't know?" facial expression. The following answers were usually filled with "World-Class" descriptors, coupled with a condescending and dismissive attitude. My attempts to get some specificity around the job responsibilities and what resources would be available to me was met with more "World-Class" nonsense, as if my queries were inconsequential.

After an hour of this verbal sparring, the interview was concluded, with my first hiring team member coming and my interview leaving without the courtesy of a handshake. While I attempted at being positive, it was clear that my experience (20+ years) in strategic sourcing was not "World-class" enough for Williams-Lea. I am not sure that their entire model is sustainable, based on their past and present industry acceptance. It is not clear whether their model is functional or simply aspirational.

To bring this saga to a close, I sent out my usual "thank you" e-mails, asked for the formal job description, including a commodity and reporting tree and expressed a desire to continue the conversation with the VP in charge of the division.

The response was "World-Class"...

No response.

Interview Questions

• Mine - How do you capture the results of your RFP's? And do you maintain a database of results and Suppliers that can be accessed by the Sourcing team?

Williams-Lea - "I would have expected a more "World-Class" sourcing structure effort from your employer."
      1 Answer

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (Weehawken, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

While the face to face interview was reasonably well conducted, the contact at Williams Lea was without a doubt, one of the most incompetent recruiters I have ever met. Emails and phone calls were RARELY returned, and when they were, I was only to be told that "we are working on it, please be paitent". I had to fill out a 14 page background form, that included sensitive financial information. I was VERY nervous about the whole process. This did not lead to a job offer. In my opinion, a waste of time and gas money that could have been better spent elseware

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with C level execs?   1 Answer