Williams Lea Tag Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (Weehawken, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

While the face to face interview was reasonably well conducted, the contact at Williams Lea was without a doubt, one of the most incompetent recruiters I have ever met. Emails and phone calls were RARELY returned, and when they were, I was only to be told that "we are working on it, please be paitent". I had to fill out a 14 page background form, that included sensitive financial information. I was VERY nervous about the whole process. This did not lead to a job offer. In my opinion, a waste of time and gas money that could have been better spent elseware

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with C level execs?   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Several short interviews, two over phone, one in person. Not really worth the number of interviews given the details of the job coupled with the experience after getting the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One round of back and forth before settling on one salary.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Internal Recruiter contacted me through a Monster position lead (It does work!).Set up preliminary phone interview, followed by brief 1 hour) face to face interview with a member of the hiring team. Gentleman was informative, personable and represented Williams-Lea in a very professional manner. Left the meeting with a positive feeling about the position and Williams-Lea. I must say that the job description for which I was applying was somewhat fluid and not particularly focused.

Followed up with the usual e-mails, indicating a desire to move my candidacy for the position forward. While there was no response either from the internal recruiter or the hiring team member to these communications, I received a call for a second interview three weeks later.

Setting up this interview was difficult as one of the hiring team, with whom I needed to speak with, seemed to have one of the most inaccessible schedules you could find. I think it would have been easier to set up an meeting with the CEO rather than this individual.

Interview day amid one of the hottest days in New York City. My initial hiring team contact meets me and quickly ushers me to my interview with a peer team member.

This individual greets me as if I was about to enter a termination meeting. Unsmiling and intent on proving that he/she was in control of the process, proceeded to sit me down in a vacant office, while she faced her laptop and conducted the interview. She quickly established that he/she was a Six Sigma, MBA professional and possessed "World-Class" Sourcing and Procurement experience. This was the first of many times that the term, "World-Class" came up during this interview.

With one eye on his/her laptop throughout our meeting, we went through the usual interview conversation, with my questions being answered in a vague way, almost as if they were of little consequence. My questions were usually answered with a "why are you asking me this or you don't know?" facial expression. The following answers were usually filled with "World-Class" descriptors, coupled with a condescending and dismissive attitude. My attempts to get some specificity around the job responsibilities and what resources would be available to me was met with more "World-Class" nonsense, as if my queries were inconsequential.

After an hour of this verbal sparring, the interview was concluded, with my first hiring team member coming and my interview leaving without the courtesy of a handshake. While I attempted at being positive, it was clear that my experience (20+ years) in strategic sourcing was not "World-class" enough for Williams-Lea. I am not sure that their entire model is sustainable, based on their past and present industry acceptance. It is not clear whether their model is functional or simply aspirational.

To bring this saga to a close, I sent out my usual "thank you" e-mails, asked for the formal job description, including a commodity and reporting tree and expressed a desire to continue the conversation with the VP in charge of the division.

The response was "World-Class"...

No response.

Interview Questions

• Mine - How do you capture the results of your RFP's? And do you maintain a database of results and Suppliers that can be accessed by the Sourcing team?

Williams-Lea - "I would have expected a more "World-Class" sourcing structure effort from your employer."
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY).

Interview

There were multiple Interviews to insure good fit with skill set and client needs. First interview is with recruiter to review basic skills and experience. Subsequent interviews with various management levels, HR personnel and finally local management contacts. Client meet and greet is last stage if you get that far.

Interview Questions

• Management style, skill set, experience   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long --over three months. There were long gaps of time (weeks) between interviews. Never knew if you were going to go to the next interview round. Was told many times that they were waiting for the client contact to be signed.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but some senior managers would rather tell you about how great they are, rather then focus on the candidate or the job qualifications. This was the same with senior management even after I got the job too.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Legal Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Found my resume on CareerBuilder. Interviewed and got the job.

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. Salary and terms were plainly spelled out and either I accepted them or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY).

Interview

Laid back and quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and easy.

Client Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The interviewer had no clude about the position I was applying for. It was a grueling process because the interviewer couldnt answer my questions. Not a good experience at all. Makes me wonder how she got her job. I believe I had more questions to ask than she did. I felt like I took over the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about working with the opposite sex?? Really   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview, which I thought was surprisingly pleasant. It was a conversation instead of the typical question-answer cookie cutter format. The following day, I was offered the position and the paperwork process began which lasted for about 1 week.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

It was quick and easy. it only took 2 weeks or so to hear back. i had no experience but i knew someone who worked there so that helped. mostly just tried to sell me on the company, which was fine by me. they were aware i did not have experience in the field but this is a good place to learn. they do take advantage of young people out of college with no experience and put a lot of work on those people with little compensation.

Interview Questions

• It seemed like they were pretty desperate to hire, they barely asked me any questions about myself   1 Answer