Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.3

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

the interview process was odd, after filling out an application and dropping it off I was told I was going to be called, never got a call I had to call back to ask, then I was told to come in on a certain date to be interviewed, I arrived 10minutes early the manager that interviewed me was not prepared, I was told that they lost my application that's why they didn't call me back, I was concerned because my personal information was on the application...I would like to know how can something sensitive be careless handled.....

Interview Questions

• if I knew anything about there products, asked if I knew how to cook, asked if I can work weekends, unprofessional comment asking if I could work long hours and be able to stand on my feet long periods of time, mostly they have younger people working, it was requirement that everyone needs to sell a credit card application on every shift otherwise you will not get hours to work the following week,   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Was asked a few questions,then told to wait while a hiring decision was discussed and made. I then met with some training staff to discuss what date/time of training would fit my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Ethics & Compliance Interview Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Norcross, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes. The guy was very nice. Most were general interview questions. He was prompt and courteous. He explained the background of the company and let me know what to expect if I was offered a position there.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of world class customer service?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Conyers, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly smooth and easy. I immediately knew I'd get the job when the interview went from professional to small talk about their products and my purchases with them in the pass. I would say this interview was one of the more relaxed ones Ive had where I was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a customer who wanted a product but it was above their budget range?   Answer Question

Production and Catalog Asset Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had an in-person interview. We talked about the role and went over my resume and work I've done. I interviewed with the hiring manager and his boss. Interview was roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

There was no interview process, you just apply online and they notify you if you have the job or not, they run an internet speed test. If you have a customer service background, a phone and computer you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• They check your internet speed.   1 Answer

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple, I applied online and they were quick to offer me a phone interview within a matter of days after applying. They asked me to provide dates and times that I was available and told me they booked my interview with someone but did not tell me a time-frame or exact time, so I had to keep my phone by me all day. The phone interview was quick (roughly 30 minutes and took place on Friday October 6th. I was recommended for a position and told to take 2 types of ID to a Williams Sonoma location in a mall near me on October 10th - at which I was informed I wasn't in the system yet so I could only give them my ID and social security card and I was assured that I would be sent "new-hire" paperwork electronically. From this point the level of professionalism went downhill. I was sent a pre-screen questionnaire and filled that in and got an email hours later with my official job offer- and a 10 hour advance notice that I'd need to drive 148 miles away on October 11th to complete my I-9 in person if I hadn't completed one at the mall, as it could ONLY be done in person. I was informed in this job offer to let them know if I have any problems with getting to the distribution center to meet with a rep to fill out my I-9. I sent them an email back asking if there were other dates and locations due to short notice for a 4 hour drive to/from since I needed to be able to get my kids from their school. They don't give you a phone number or a contact person from HR during this process and, needless to say, they still haven't responded to my question to another location or date to get my I-9 completed so I can start on Monday Oct 16th, so I have declined their offer. It seems very unprofessional that they did not respond to me in a timely manner (or at all for that matter) and I see this as a sign of how any other pressing issues may be handled with the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer told you an item was out of their budget?   1 Answer
    • What does [excellent] customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to explain something to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

No interview. Had called to follow up and was told "I am not going to beat around the bush, but my associates said that you had worked here a few years ago and it did not go well so we will not be hiring you and I am sure you are a fine gentleman"

Customer Care Center Associate- Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an email with directions for skills assessment. A few days later, received email asking for dates/times to schedule phone interview. Submitted times (was given a slot in which I did not choose). Interviewer called at designated time and asked a series of common questions. Interview was brief and to the point with little/no side conversation. Interviewer stated that HR would follow-up in 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you made a mistake and how you fixed it quickly   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer says an item is out of his/her price range?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, scheduled online and given a time. Received call and asked several questions. Was told that I'd hear back within 48 hours. Received email describing hours and training .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled a difficult situation with little to no resources.   Answer Question