Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions

Interviews at Williams-Sonoma

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Raleigh, NC) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview was 3 questions the first question was how do you handle a customer that is frustrated with an expired promo code? Be very detailed and make sure you say you apologized to the customer!!!

Interview Questions

• How did you turn a frustrated customer into a happy one?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Interview

One quick call interview with two scenarios. Nice interviewer. Then another interview video where they need you to confirm that you have the appropriate equipment and a valid ID. After that, I had to fill out some forms online and send them in, which is fairly easy.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied a couple weeks ago. Yesterday I got an email saying they want to schedule a phone interview. Today I had the phone interview. Lasted 6 minutes. She said I was an excellent candidate and I'd hear back within 36 hours. Within 20 minutes they called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with something under pressure   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question
    • How did you turn a frustrated customer into a happy one?   Answer Question
    • Should you ever argue or disagree with a customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Dallas, TX) in May 2020.

Interview

The Interview process was very simple and short. A person called me on the phone and asked me three or four questions and then typed my responses into a database. After that I received an email with a phone number to call. I called the number and was offered the job on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you exceeded customer services expectations?   1 Answer
    • When is it okay to be angry or disagree with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

After I finished the application and the test, I was scheduled an interview for the next day which was the only available option after I had received that my application had been moved on which took about two days after I applied. I scheduled a phone interview that lasted 8 minutes and was told I was then going to receive a call in the next 24 hours about an offer. Two hours later I received a call with an offer. Overall, it was a quick, easy and positive experience and I would recommend it.

Interview Questions

• The first was a role play scenario. He said that he had called three days ago and had spoken to multiple people who said he’d get a promo code for a product but now the promo code has expired and he’s a little frustrated.   1 Answer
    • When is it ever ok to argue or disagree with a customer?   1 Answer
    • What has been your previous experience with angry customers and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • When have you had to fix a problem quickly?   1 Answer
    • Why should we consider you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

Interview was very easy since I have customer service experience. Use common sense. It was a seasonal position. You are expected to pass a background and drug test and need your internet connection hardwired into your computer no WiFi.

Interview Questions

• They asked how to resolve if a coupon code has expired and the customer insists on using it.   1 Answer

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

No professionalism. Interviewer did not know what the technology team for which i was hiring for used and was not sure. Interview did not even last for 15min. I had to request for more questions.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I had another person being interviewed with me, and the manager just asked basic questions (why do you want to work for Williams-Sonoma etc.) We interviewed in the back of the store and it was overall an easy experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Williams Sonoma   1 Answer

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

There were two rounds. both technical. Both were phone interviews. Lasted approx 30 mins each. The interview was actually not that difficult as I imagined it to be. Just know the basics thoroughly. The interviewers were chill and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• 1st question was like Describe EDA(Exploratory Data Analysis)
      2nd question was use case   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job after finding it available on LinkedIn and had a friend forward my resume and application to the hiring manager. After a few weeks of nothing, I reached out to my friend who reached out internally only to find out the hiring manager was away on maternity leave. The person filling in for her reached out to me a week later for a basic phone screening. I had another phone interview with Pottery Barn's editorial director for about half an hour a week later to discuss my experience and salary expectations. I was then told to prepare for a writing challenge in the next few days only to be told a week later that I didn't qualify for the position due to a lack of experience. I found this to be a bit puzzling after being told by the director that my several years

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with others critiquing your work without you taking personal offense to their suggestions and edits?   1 Answer