Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

the job interview was mostly conversational. They asked about honesty customer service and personality traits. They informed me of the duties and asked what I thought. They asked about physical stamina standing for long periods of time only 20 min breaks bending lifting etc.

Interview Questions

• how to handle an difficult customer   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

Best interview I've ever had. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. Met with about 7 people who were all great. There was a small excel test but if you know v-lookup, and basics of excel you will do fine.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egypt, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Egypt, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview is on the company's interface
    A quick way to get to know each other
    I hope you will come with fruit because I have a strong desire
    To go to Canada my wife and my little boys are at the end of the school year
    2017 as a prelude to realizing the dream work and supplement life in Cananda
    I hope that the dream will come true

Interview Questions

• The means of management of stores and warehouses from the moment of ordering raw materials and then access to stores and how to deal in the receipt   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for a manager position and was confident that I had a positive interview. Even though I did not get the position I will still look and apply for other jobs from this company.

Interview Questions

• The overall interview itself was a challenge as I do not have much interview experience. They made me feel comfortable.   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Interview

Spoke with a useless HR representative who was curt and moody throughout my initial phone interview. A few days later she called me back and was sugary sweet nice to me about meeting with the head of the department I wanted to interview with- she was awesome, knew her stuff and could explain the job in more detail.

Been back in touch with the recruiter for next steps but she's been ignoring my calls for weeks. Does not give a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Walk through my resume
      Walk through my current role and specifics
      Why do I want to work at WS
      What is making me leave my current role
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

Quick phone screening with a recruiter, then two round of interviews with people I would be working on a team with. Really good transparent communication and explaining the entire process, and everyone was kind and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Who do you consider WS's competitors?   2 Answers

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

After initial phone screen, interviewed with 6 different stakeholders.
    Behavioral interview questions. Strong focus on past work experience and collaboration with other teams.
    Recruiter was very helpful in the process and followup very promptly to move process forward.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview was setup to be a phone interview Late in the afternoon on a Friday, they were supposed to call me. The call never came. The call was rescheduled for the following Tuesday morning. This time the call did come, from Overseas in India. The call quality was horrible and the person conducting the interview had such a strong accent he was difficult to understand. After two questions he rudely ended the call by stating they'll be in touch and he hung up. This was a professional interview How? You got me.. It was pathetic and nothing close to professional..

The person conducting the interview was very rude & unprofessional & I am beginning to understand the companies high employee turn over. I will think twice before interviewing with them again. The recruiter was on the call muted and I was glad they were now they are questioning there business relationship with the company..

Interview Questions

• He inquired as to my work history.   1 Answer

First Shift Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Arlington, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out app online, contacted for phone interview and brought in for face to face. Standard question answering interview. They dont want a free thinker though they would rather you be a robot and give a choreographed answer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Walked into store and spoke with Assistant Manager who looked over my resume and then indicated I would be a good fit. He was to have Manager call me for an official interview. I was called back weeks later and asked to come in to interview for seasonal work only which I chose not to do.

Interview Questions

• Asked what days and hours I was willing to work.   1 Answer