Williams-Sonoma Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in July 2016.

Interview

The have to say the overall experience was quite pleasant. The General Manager was a little slow on getting back to me once I dropped off the application so I did touch base with them , but once I did that I was called back for an interview within 24 hours.

The interview was pretty standard but with that being said I could tell they were interested in getting to know me to make sure I would be a good fit for the team.

I was offered the job within 48 hours after the interview, they were great about giving me time to think it over and once I accepted the offer they made the process was very quick to get me in for paperwork and training.

Interview Questions

• What made me apply at Williams - Sonoma ?   Answer Question
  • What is my availability and how many hours am I willing to work per week?   Answer Question
  • Where do I see myself with Williams - Sonoma in a years time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very fair when it came to negotiating my rate of pay, I'm over qualified for the position so based upon my retail experience I felt what we ended up agreeing on was good enough. My only advice is that if you think you are worth a certain rate of pay, you need to be able to explain why.

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (New York, NY).

Interview

Filled out application form. Interviewer arrived over half an hour late mentioning having a hectic day and trimming payroll. Interview was conducted as a group. Although asked to bring a resume ,it was not asked for, Resumes were requested on the application form as well as schedule availability.

Interview Questions

• None. Just go around the room introducing and talking about yourself. It was very impersonal.   1 Answer

It was clear from the interview that you are just another body. The interviewer did a good job painting a negative picture of what it can be like to work in store. Poor pay.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Emailed the contact for West Elm Stores in September 2013 when it was first posted on the windows before store opening. Received an email from Turi to email resume and schedule an interview with hiring manager. Following week received a phone call to come in for an interview at Pottery Barn in Corte Madera CA. Was interviewed along with 5 other people which turned into a group interview for the opening of the Mill Valley-West Elm location. Got a call from Assistant Manager asking to be a part of the team and I accepted. Week of October 22 was the initial hiring process, forms were filled out and binders were given, as well as 3 other morning meetings were met in 3 different locations. (Tiburon, Emeryville, Mill Valley).

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Westfield, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview with one of the store managers. She was very friendly and the interview was fairly relaxed, she went over my resume and asked about my references. From then she asked when I would be available to start work and what my general availability would be.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

First they called you in for a group interview, then would interview you one-on-one after the group interview if you got called back. The interesting thing is that you pick up your application inside the store which is nice. The managers were welcoming but firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to work for WS? What would you do in certain situations? What area of the store are you most comfortable in? Can you work during inventory. Do you understand the Holiday Schedule that is required to work on certain days? What is your favorite product in the store and why? Do you cook?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

Just had to know basic math, answer few questions, take a test about how I would handle customer on the phone. Filled out to submit to drug test, background check, take

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Lone Tree, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

I had to go in to the store and sweet talk them to finally score an interview. Actual interview was very standard for retail. I had my interview inside the mall area in about 15 minutes. The manager was more interested in chatting about her new dog than about asking me pertinent questions, however, I had already held positions at her level as well as above her level at a high end department store, so she really knew she was getting someone good.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend as a side dish for salmon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate pay rate even though I had already worked 2 years at pottery barn kids (same company) and made $1.60 more an hour than I was being offered. Really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

semi-formal/casual, basic overview of skills/work experience, customer service experience is key, lots of open-ended/situational/behavioural questions (i.e what would you do if you were dealing with a difficult customer?) review compensation & availability

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us - how can you benefit our company?   Answer Question