Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very casual and took place in the back of the retail store in the GM's office. Very basic questions about me, the things listed on my resume, customer service/leadership experience, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online with a cover letter describing my personal experience as a Williams-Sonoma customer. Several days after I submitted my resume online, I was called by the store manager to come in for an interview. I had a second interview with another store employee and then I was offered the job shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Williams-Sonoma?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none - offered specific amount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, the questions were typical of a retail environment (what are your strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you achieved a goal and how did you accomplish it, etc..) It was more difficult to let the interviewer know about the qualities that make you right for the job, when there are 8-10 other people being interviewed with you. It seemed like the job would be filled based strictly on answers to their questions, and whats on the resume, and not based on your actual experiences in those roles, or product knowledge and experience (of which I had a LOT of).

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a role with sales quotas?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

In the age of internet applications I still find that people will forget about you if you don't make an in-person appearance, so I made sure to drop off a hard copy of my application in person when the manager was present. She interviewed me on the spot and I got a job offer about a week later. From there I had orientation and a skills assessment with the other newbies. Great overall.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in culinary arts or selling luxury products   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

Group based interview for seasonal hires. Questions were asked as a group. Managers prefer those who speak up and have great suggestions and ideas about the products. Received job offer a couple days after the interview and started about a month after hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Give some add on suggestions for xyz product.
      Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

We had a brief meeting in the store with a follow up meeting a week later in the office. Went very well and smoothly. My interviewer asked me several questions referring to myself specifically, and then some questions about what I had to offer the company. It was quick, but very efficient and professional. I brought in my resume and their recruiter reviewed it prior to the follow-up appointment.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to handle high traffic and busy seasons?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other candidates. I had to pick an item in the store and then try to sell it to everyone. Next we were asked why we were interested in working at Williams Sonoma. The rest of the interview was just a group conversation where we heard about perks of working here. Very relaxed. Took about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Williamsburg, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I saw a sign for employment in the store window. I went in and filled out an application. I also included a resume. This was in March. I was not contacted until August. The store is always taking applications, they just did not have a position open until August. I was still interested in working for W-S. I went in for personal interview in store. I met with the GM. I was asked questions about my previous sales experience. I received an offer for employment within a week after the GM was able to check my references. I did not accept the original offered hourly wage. I was able to negotiate a larger amount.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond in a customer service situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I do not remember the hiring process very well. It was originally for seasonal help, I believe they were basic questions about previous sales experience, knowledge of cooking and holiday availability.

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Corte Madera, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very outgoing manager who interviewed me. Made it a very comfortable situation and not stressful at all. He hired me on the spot and got me in to start training the day after.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview New York, NY Tell me about yourself
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Boston, MA Why do you want to work for Williams-Sonoma?
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Minneapolis, MN Are you comfortable working in a role with sales quotas?
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Jersey City, NJ Do you have experience in culinary arts or selling luxury products
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? Give some add on suggestions for xyz product.
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Q: What was one thing that they asked you?
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview San Jose, CA What is the best way to handle high traffic and busy seasons?
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview No difficult questions.
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Williamsburg, VA Explain a time when you went above and beyond in a customer service situation.
Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Corte Madera, CA How many years of retail experience do you have?