Williams-Sonoma Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

1.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Upper Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Upper Montclair, NJ).

Interview

Really easy and laid back. Was easy to talk to the store manager and create a bond. Originally applied for assistant manager. The store manager warned me about the DM and saved me from a hard no. Was still looking for a job and store manager emailed me that a position had opened up

Interview Questions

• Why did you make the switch to Williams-Sonoma?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly. It was a group interview, we all shared something about ourselves. Afterwards we did a selling activity using real life scenarios. Then we had the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• If the hours we had written on the resume were flexible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied during holiday season and hired on the phone. Became a permanent PT associate after holiday season. The only questions asked of me were my availability leading up to the holidays.

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

the job interview was mostly conversational. They asked about honesty customer service and personality traits. They informed me of the duties and asked what I thought. They asked about physical stamina standing for long periods of time only 20 min breaks bending lifting etc.

Interview Questions

• how to handle an difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very casual and took place in the back of the retail store in the GM's office. Very basic questions about me, the things listed on my resume, customer service/leadership experience, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online with a cover letter describing my personal experience as a Williams-Sonoma customer. Several days after I submitted my resume online, I was called by the store manager to come in for an interview. I had a second interview with another store employee and then I was offered the job shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Williams-Sonoma?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none - offered specific amount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, the questions were typical of a retail environment (what are your strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you achieved a goal and how did you accomplish it, etc..) It was more difficult to let the interviewer know about the qualities that make you right for the job, when there are 8-10 other people being interviewed with you. It seemed like the job would be filled based strictly on answers to their questions, and whats on the resume, and not based on your actual experiences in those roles, or product knowledge and experience (of which I had a LOT of).

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a role with sales quotas?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Fairfax, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

All I had to do was submit an application and resume to the store. When I called the manager to enquire about the status of my resume is when she offered me an interview. They asked some simple question about previous experience and what you would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer to get them to purchase a product?   1 Answer
    • What types of food to you like to cook?   Answer Question
    • What of our products do you have at home?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

In the age of internet applications I still find that people will forget about you if you don't make an in-person appearance, so I made sure to drop off a hard copy of my application in person when the manager was present. She interviewed me on the spot and I got a job offer about a week later. From there I had orientation and a skills assessment with the other newbies. Great overall.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in culinary arts or selling luxury products   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

Group based interview for seasonal hires. Questions were asked as a group. Managers prefer those who speak up and have great suggestions and ideas about the products. Received job offer a couple days after the interview and started about a month after hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Give some add on suggestions for xyz product.   Answer Question