Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production and Catalog Asset Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had an in-person interview. We talked about the role and went over my resume and work I've done. I interviewed with the hiring manager and his boss. Interview was roughly 45 minutes.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to multiple design jobs online. I didn't not receive any contact for weeks. Finally, I was emailed by a recruiter for one job listing. I had a brief phone screener with the recruiter, who promptly set up an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of a standard interview and a design test. The interview was pleasant and easy.

I thought the design test was impertinent. In school, you are often warned against doing free work. You typically provide a portfolio to demonstrate your design prowess. The test was overly long and many tasks were not relevant to the position. I was frustrated that I was wasting hours on a test and possibly doing free work while taking off time from my real job.

After 3 weeks, I still had not heard back from the recruiter or the interviewers. I have emailed the recruiter twice with no response. It is frustrating to me to take time off work to interview, do an impertinent test, and then be ignored. At least give the courtesy of a response.

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position and when we spoke on the phone we decided that I would be a better fit as a CRM Analyst. From that phone screen I was scheduled for an in-person interview with 4 team members and the interview lasted around 2.5 hours.

I reason I'm giving a neutral as far as experience goes for this interview process that's mostly due to HR dragging their feet in order to give me updates about the position. Overall I enjoyed learning more about the WS Brand, the role that I applied for and being able to meet the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you improved a process in your last position.   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cerrito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (El Cerrito, CA).

Interview

After a phone interview and not one, but two, onsite in-person interviews that required me taking time off from my current job, they completely ghosted me. Wow. Not even a form rejection letter. I saw an email alert a couple of days later listing the job again and that's how I found out I hadn't gotten the job.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 1 week later I was contacted for a phone interview with the HR recruiter. It went great! Was then scheduled to interview in-person at HQ with the SVP. That was also successful. In the end, I think it was about the right fit for team and I was not offered the job, but the recruiter along with a personal referral were able to pass my information over to PB and I accepted that position. The process was simple and the people are great! So glad to be part of the same parent company with them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a challenge you faced within one of your previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Real Estate Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

As many other reviewers have commented, the process is entirely dysfunctional. I was referred by an internal employee and the recruiter showed interest, but then no move was made. Then my internal referral followed up and the recruiter had thought she had scheduled a phone appointment with me, but she had not. To be fair she was working with 3 others who shared my first name. She then called me out of the blue, I answered, expecting to set up a phone appointment. However, she expected to do the interview on the fly. I acquiesced already knowing it would be difficult to get her back on the phone. She asked if I was applying to a procurement position, completely different than what I had applied for. She then had to scramble papers in the background to locate the correct file. She then began to read to me the job description. Obviously I had read this. She then asked basic questions and with simple answers said she wanted to move me on to speak with the hiring manager. This conversation was on 5/16 she said that the hiring manager would not be able to connect until 5/24 because she was traveling. In addition the recruiter was on PTO from 5/26-6/4. I sent the recruiter an email on 5/24 asking if she had heard anything from the hiring manger. She had not, but said she would follow up. Of course 5/26 comes and nothing and so the recruiter is now on PTO. I follow up on 6/6 when she is back, and hear nothing. I follow up on 6/12 and nothing. I look today online and the position was filled.

Complete disorganization, no follow through, and not professional.

Interview Questions

• They asked what range you are looking for right off the bat   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial contact from recruiter. Spoke on the phone regarding salary etc., which I thought was a bit too early in the process. Came back a week or two later saying they can't negotiate on salary, that it'd be a lateral move, which I was okay with.

Interview scheduled pretty quickly, and it was an in-office with 6 different individuals from the finance team. overall, I thought it was well organized and I enjoyed the conversation.

This is where it goes down hill. Both Hiring Manger and Recruiter calls/emails me saying that they want to offer me the position, which was exciting to hear. They told me that they'd have to get through some approval process, which would take couple weeks, which was okay.

The Hiring Manager completely dropped out of reach afterwards, and HR was extremely hard to contact. I waited weeks, and weeks and weeks. And in a rare chance of contacting HR, they would say "no updates yet." and "still waiting."

I interviewed in November, received an unofficial verbal in late December. And then no follow up til now. I understand business needs change, but I'm disappointed they couldn't be just transparent and communicate this to me directly, and forcing me to just wait around as I thought I would get an offer.

Actually, they still haven't gotten back about the status. At this point, I have given up hope. Shame, because I liked the team.

Interview Questions

• Some finance case questions, mostly behavioral, detailed questions about qualifications for the role.   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Currently in process. Was contacted by recruiter who set up a phone call to chat. Had about a 20 minute chat about my background. Contacted back about a week and a half later to come in and meet with three directors for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. And do you like cooking/baking.   Answer Question

Housewares Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two Interviews: first with the recruiter and then with the design director. After a portfolio review and answering questions about your experience, they invite you to do an optional design challenge...to just see how you think. So after you submit your ideas for free, the recruiter will cancel the follow up interview and thank you for applying. Makes me wonder how many free ideas they've collected this way?

To prepare for this interview, I visited their flagship store and asked their sales associates what their challenges were, apparently that's never happened. No one from their product development department has ever visited their store or talked to the people who interact with the public...and they wonder why they are finding it hard to compete.

Interview Questions

• Apparently their turn around time for design is days....they are constantly moving onto the next line, seasonal products so being very fast and effective should be demonstrated in your portfolio.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was as follows:
    30-minute call with recruiter
    1st round with 3 managers and 1 VP
    The team asked for me to come back, recruiter told me an offer was going to be made, I provided my references (they use an online reference check where your references will fill out answers to questions online)
    2nd round with hiring manager, VP, GVP

Additional info: I must say that the recruiter was very unprofessional. They misguided me into thinking an offer was going to be made. When I got the final decision, the recruiter said "the team turned you down for the role". It just felt very unprofessional. A simple "we have decided to go another direction" would have been more appropriate. My experience with the recruiter may cause me to shy away as it left a very poor impression on me. Recruiters should know that they are the face of the company for external candidates.

Interview Questions

• They had the basic behavioral and technical questions that relate to the role   Answer Question