Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Very thorough, and interesting. Had to come back to the office three times. They were very diligent to make sure that it was the right fit. I met with 8 people over the course of the three visits, that varied in levels. Overall I would say it was a good experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was as follows:
    30-minute call with recruiter
    1st round with 3 managers and 1 VP
    The team asked for me to come back, recruiter told me an offer was going to be made, I provided my references (they use an online reference check where your references will fill out answers to questions online)
    2nd round with hiring manager, VP, GVP

Additional info: I must say that the recruiter was very unprofessional. They misguided me into thinking an offer was going to be made. When I got the final decision, the recruiter said "the team turned you down for the role". It just felt very unprofessional. A simple "we have decided to go another direction" would have been more appropriate. My experience with the recruiter may cause me to shy away as it left a very poor impression on me. Recruiters should know that they are the face of the company for external candidates.

Interview Questions

• They had the basic behavioral and technical questions that relate to the role   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I met with five different people which was a little much for a day's worth - this included two managers, one director, a senior planner and an HR representative. Questions were fairly basis however there were some challenging hypothetical situations I was asked to talk about. Make sure that you are familiar with their stores and online presence as many questions referred to how you could make an impact in their stores/online.

Interview Questions

• After visiting one of our stores, where do you think our biggest opportunity lies from an inventory management perspective?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR after applying online to come in for a 1st interview. I met with 2 different area buyers as I was interviewing for two positions. I was asked to come in for a second round in which I met with several more people for the position of Assistant Buyer of Bakeware and Cookware.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter over the phone and we went over the open position. I indicated my interest and was set up for two thirty minute interviews with two separate people. I ended up coming into the interview and sitting for an hour with three people. The questions were very personality and work style based. Though speaking with the three different personality types made it difficult to connect with each person.

Interview Questions

• We only have one hour to get to know you so tell us about yourself.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Lengthy process, 6 total interviews with team. Did not present dysfunctional nature of corporate cultural, communication structure or lack of opportunities for growth.

Interview Questions

• There were actually no difficult or surprising questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be sure you are ready and willing to work for a dysfunctional team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial contact from recruiter. Spoke on the phone regarding salary etc., which I thought was a bit too early in the process. Came back a week or two later saying they can't negotiate on salary, that it'd be a lateral move, which I was okay with.

Interview scheduled pretty quickly, and it was an in-office with 6 different individuals from the finance team. overall, I thought it was well organized and I enjoyed the conversation.

This is where it goes down hill. Both Hiring Manger and Recruiter calls/emails me saying that they want to offer me the position, which was exciting to hear. They told me that they'd have to get through some approval process, which would take couple weeks, which was okay.

The Hiring Manager completely dropped out of reach afterwards, and HR was extremely hard to contact. I waited weeks, and weeks and weeks. And in a rare chance of contacting HR, they would say "no updates yet." and "still waiting."

I interviewed in November, received an unofficial verbal in late December. And then no follow up til now. I understand business needs change, but I'm disappointed they couldn't be just transparent and communicate this to me directly, and forcing me to just wait around as I thought I would get an offer.

Actually, they still haven't gotten back about the status. At this point, I have given up hope. Shame, because I liked the team.

Interview Questions

• Some finance case questions, mostly behavioral, detailed questions about qualifications for the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

had a phone interview with hr, then a phone interview with department managers. everyone i talked to seemed very enthusiastic and excited. Communication was very consistent and quick... I did apply at the end of the application period

Interview Questions

• very basic questions... walk me through your resume, how do you multitask   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Currently in process. Was contacted by recruiter who set up a phone call to chat. Had about a 20 minute chat about my background. Contacted back about a week and a half later to come in and meet with three directors for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. And do you like cooking/baking.   Answer Question

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The usual. Initial phone screen with HR, and if you pass then two separate rounds of in-person interviews. The actual questions are not difficult or out of the ordinary. The hard part is how many in-person interviews they make you take; so you find yourself getting asked the same questions and having to repeat yourself. Make sure to drink lots of coffee, stay awake and try to maintain the momentum.

Interview Questions

• The usual. Describe yourself. How comfortable are you with Excel? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How would people describe you? Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really at this level.