Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Very thorough, and interesting. Had to come back to the office three times. They were very diligent to make sure that it was the right fit. I met with 8 people over the course of the three visits, that varied in levels. Overall I would say it was a good experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was as follows:
    30-minute call with recruiter
    1st round with 3 managers and 1 VP
    The team asked for me to come back, recruiter told me an offer was going to be made, I provided my references (they use an online reference check where your references will fill out answers to questions online)
    2nd round with hiring manager, VP, GVP

Additional info: I must say that the recruiter was very unprofessional. They misguided me into thinking an offer was going to be made. When I got the final decision, the recruiter said "the team turned you down for the role". It just felt very unprofessional. A simple "we have decided to go another direction" would have been more appropriate. My experience with the recruiter may cause me to shy away as it left a very poor impression on me. Recruiters should know that they are the face of the company for external candidates.

Interview Questions

• They had the basic behavioral and technical questions that relate to the role   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I met with five different people which was a little much for a day's worth - this included two managers, one director, a senior planner and an HR representative. Questions were fairly basis however there were some challenging hypothetical situations I was asked to talk about. Make sure that you are familiar with their stores and online presence as many questions referred to how you could make an impact in their stores/online.

Interview Questions

• After visiting one of our stores, where do you think our biggest opportunity lies from an inventory management perspective?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR after applying online to come in for a 1st interview. I met with 2 different area buyers as I was interviewing for two positions. I was asked to come in for a second round in which I met with several more people for the position of Assistant Buyer of Bakeware and Cookware.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter over the phone and we went over the open position. I indicated my interest and was set up for two thirty minute interviews with two separate people. I ended up coming into the interview and sitting for an hour with three people. The questions were very personality and work style based. Though speaking with the three different personality types made it difficult to connect with each person.

Interview Questions

• We only have one hour to get to know you so tell us about yourself.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Lengthy process, 6 total interviews with team. Did not present dysfunctional nature of corporate cultural, communication structure or lack of opportunities for growth.

Interview Questions

• There were actually no difficult or surprising questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be sure you are ready and willing to work for a dysfunctional team.

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position and when we spoke on the phone we decided that I would be a better fit as a CRM Analyst. From that phone screen I was scheduled for an in-person interview with 4 team members and the interview lasted around 2.5 hours.

I reason I'm giving a neutral as far as experience goes for this interview process that's mostly due to HR dragging their feet in order to give me updates about the position. Overall I enjoyed learning more about the WS Brand, the role that I applied for and being able to meet the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you improved a process in your last position.   Answer Question

Production and Catalog Asset Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had an in-person interview. We talked about the role and went over my resume and work I've done. I interviewed with the hiring manager and his boss. Interview was roughly 45 minutes.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 1 week later I was contacted for a phone interview with the HR recruiter. It went great! Was then scheduled to interview in-person at HQ with the SVP. That was also successful. In the end, I think it was about the right fit for team and I was not offered the job, but the recruiter along with a personal referral were able to pass my information over to PB and I accepted that position. The process was simple and the people are great! So glad to be part of the same parent company with them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a challenge you faced within one of your previous work experiences.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by company recruiter. Phone screens with recruiter, 2 other managers and hiring Director. Half day interview with direct reports, manager, director and VP. Interviews were unstructured and people were friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about agile vs. waterfall methodologies?   1 Answer