Williams-Sonoma Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by company recruiter. Phone screens with recruiter, 2 other managers and hiring Director. Half day interview with direct reports, manager, director and VP. Interviews were unstructured and people were friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about agile vs. waterfall methodologies?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. They got back to me in a timely fashion and asked general behavioral questions and company specifics. I was not taken aback or unprepared for any of the questions. Make sure to sign up for all email lists becuse they may ask you specific questions such as "how to improve emial targeting" if applyign to e-commerce.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cerrito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (El Cerrito, CA).

Interview

After a phone interview and not one, but two, onsite in-person interviews that required me taking time off from my current job, they completely ghosted me. Wow. Not even a form rejection letter. I saw an email alert a couple of days later listing the job again and that's how I found out I hadn't gotten the job.

Real Estate Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

As many other reviewers have commented, the process is entirely dysfunctional. I was referred by an internal employee and the recruiter showed interest, but then no move was made. Then my internal referral followed up and the recruiter had thought she had scheduled a phone appointment with me, but she had not. To be fair she was working with 3 others who shared my first name. She then called me out of the blue, I answered, expecting to set up a phone appointment. However, she expected to do the interview on the fly. I acquiesced already knowing it would be difficult to get her back on the phone. She asked if I was applying to a procurement position, completely different than what I had applied for. She then had to scramble papers in the background to locate the correct file. She then began to read to me the job description. Obviously I had read this. She then asked basic questions and with simple answers said she wanted to move me on to speak with the hiring manager. This conversation was on 5/16 she said that the hiring manager would not be able to connect until 5/24 because she was traveling. In addition the recruiter was on PTO from 5/26-6/4. I sent the recruiter an email on 5/24 asking if she had heard anything from the hiring manger. She had not, but said she would follow up. Of course 5/26 comes and nothing and so the recruiter is now on PTO. I follow up on 6/6 when she is back, and hear nothing. I follow up on 6/12 and nothing. I look today online and the position was filled.

Complete disorganization, no follow through, and not professional.

Interview Questions

• They asked what range you are looking for right off the bat   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

My interviewer was very nice. Asking nonthreatening questions and listened respectfully. Answered my questions fully. Interviewed in a quiet comfortable setting. Taking only about 30 minutes if I remember right.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial contact from recruiter. Spoke on the phone regarding salary etc., which I thought was a bit too early in the process. Came back a week or two later saying they can't negotiate on salary, that it'd be a lateral move, which I was okay with.

Interview scheduled pretty quickly, and it was an in-office with 6 different individuals from the finance team. overall, I thought it was well organized and I enjoyed the conversation.

This is where it goes down hill. Both Hiring Manger and Recruiter calls/emails me saying that they want to offer me the position, which was exciting to hear. They told me that they'd have to get through some approval process, which would take couple weeks, which was okay.

The Hiring Manager completely dropped out of reach afterwards, and HR was extremely hard to contact. I waited weeks, and weeks and weeks. And in a rare chance of contacting HR, they would say "no updates yet." and "still waiting."

I interviewed in November, received an unofficial verbal in late December. And then no follow up til now. I understand business needs change, but I'm disappointed they couldn't be just transparent and communicate this to me directly, and forcing me to just wait around as I thought I would get an offer.

Actually, they still haven't gotten back about the status. At this point, I have given up hope. Shame, because I liked the team.

Interview Questions

• Some finance case questions, mostly behavioral, detailed questions about qualifications for the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

had a phone interview with hr, then a phone interview with department managers. everyone i talked to seemed very enthusiastic and excited. Communication was very consistent and quick... I did apply at the end of the application period

Interview Questions

• very basic questions... walk me through your resume, how do you multitask   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Currently in process. Was contacted by recruiter who set up a phone call to chat. Had about a 20 minute chat about my background. Contacted back about a week and a half later to come in and meet with three directors for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. And do you like cooking/baking.   Answer Question

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The usual. Initial phone screen with HR, and if you pass then two separate rounds of in-person interviews. The actual questions are not difficult or out of the ordinary. The hard part is how many in-person interviews they make you take; so you find yourself getting asked the same questions and having to repeat yourself. Make sure to drink lots of coffee, stay awake and try to maintain the momentum.

Interview Questions

• The usual. Describe yourself. How comfortable are you with Excel? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How would people describe you? Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really at this level.

Housewares Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two Interviews: first with the recruiter and then with the design director. After a portfolio review and answering questions about your experience, they invite you to do an optional design challenge...to just see how you think. So after you submit your ideas for free, the recruiter will cancel the follow up interview and thank you for applying. Makes me wonder how many free ideas they've collected this way?

To prepare for this interview, I visited their flagship store and asked their sales associates what their challenges were, apparently that's never happened. No one from their product development department has ever visited their store or talked to the people who interact with the public...and they wonder why they are finding it hard to compete.

Interview Questions

• Apparently their turn around time for design is days....they are constantly moving onto the next line, seasonal products so being very fast and effective should be demonstrated in your portfolio.   Answer Question